Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

I now stock these (thanks to pianowire and supercharged ordering so many from me :lol: ) so if anyone wants them drop me a PM.

Gone are the days when you could get a set of these for £70.00 . The exchange rate and general price increases over the last 3 years have meant these are now an expensive mod.

I can do them for £95.00 delivered (UK only) should you want them :)

how can you do them so much cheaper, well £9 cheaper?[/quote:1l8f0ma7]

As has been said I'm a Parts Manager at an Audi Centre ;)

The RRP of these arms went up this month to £118.00 inc VAT so thats 19.5% discount and free postage :)

Parts 'Manager' now eh? Get you!! :lol:

Well done mate, I didn't know you'd got a promotion!

Well I've been running the TT wiper setup for a while now and it's fruitin excellent. £95 all in is a damn bargain for the improvements they bring about.

I've just reverted to original wipers today after selling my TT's, I'd forgotten how utterly sh1te they are in comparison! The passenger side blade was at least a cm from the screen at the top of it's wipe :lol: Had to bend the arm a fair amount just to get it touching the screen. The drivers side seemed ok but after driving on the motorway in the rain today it turns out it wasn't ok and was merely spreading the rainwater over the screen rather than clearing it off!

As Kev says, £95 delivered is damn good value.

I can do them for £95.00 delivered (UK only) should you want them :)

Yes please! How would you prefer payment?

..I thought it was summer and I could put this off, but no, it's June and chucking it down! :grin:

Chris

I'm currently (possibly) throwing a new setup into the mix; TT wiper arms and Lupo blades (with a slight bending of both arms)

The only reason is because we didn't have enough TT wipers in stock, so I just ended up using the Lupo wipers that were already on the car :) The benefit of this is you don't need to chop any of the blades.

i fitted my TT wipers and blades and didn't cut, bend or grind anything, they almost fit straight on :clap:

does anyone know if the newer Audi TT arms and blades fit? been offered a set for cheap and im unsure if they will fit or not. the part number is 8j2 955 407 a & 408 b if its helps

i fitted my TT wipers and blades and didn't cut, bend or grind anything, they almost fit straight on :clap:

Scuse me for being picky - but how close is almost and in what way are they not 100% perfect? :?

the only issue i've found is they ever so slightly rub on the scuttle panel. Circled in red, it has taken the paint off the wiper arm where it hits.

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

i don't notice it making any rubbing noises when in use, i'll just get the black paint out at some point

I've recently fitted TT wipers purchased from Pat McCrotch and happy to confirm 3corsameal's comments above. I have noticed a slight rub on the side of the passenger arm against the screen scuttle too. It seems a superficial issue to me, but I'd follow 3corsameal's advice on this as they have run the mod for longer than I..

This minor rub point aside, from my fiddling and attempts to fine tune the wipers in general to ensure they wipe correctly and don't damage screen edges and themselves, there are basically 2 ways to make the TT wipers fit:

1) slightly bend the passenger one upwards

2) cut and then dremel the end of the blade (dremeling to refit the end cap, so it looks nice)

option 1 is easiest but means the passenger wiper sits at a slight upturned angle, which I think doesn't look as nice.

option 2 is more hassle and stops this being a simple fit and forget, but it looks much nicer imho.

I would also add that when fitting, I spent quite a lot of time trying to find the perfect park position, and tested fast and slow wipes speeds when stationary. Not only did I find a few points where the wipers can hit the edges, but also when there is insufficient water on the screen, the high friction of these modern wipers seems to strain the 15 year old wipe mechanism a little.

BUT, having said the above, I found none of the over wipe or friction issues actually made any problem or even manifested themselves when moving or squirting in actual use on the open road. The wind and rain in real use is obviously part of making these wipers work! If the wipe slows down due to lack of water either turn them off, go intermittent, or squirt the screen - obviously!

Summary - this is a really easy swap, with no real brains / technical know-how required, just a few trial and error placement attempts required to get the best fit - as is always the case with fitting a wiper arm on a nutched spindle, even standard genuine ones. The only option is whether you slightly bend the passenger arm or keep it straight and trim the inside end of the passenger wiper.

Hope that helps to clarify!

PS: Here is how much I hacked off and the shape of the end you need to recut free-hand with a dremel:

Try it with the car stationary and with fast wipe and a squirt of water. I found the passenger side occasionally hit the far end of the wipe on the bottom of the windscreen, though I'm pretty sure it's because I have worn linkages and it isn't specifically becasue of the TT arms - just due to the nature of a dodgy 15 year old mechanism and a modern high friction rubber blade putting added pressure on its movement, combined with needing to park the wipers and do the nut up with the arm in exactly the right place. I estimate 1 click the wrong way can throw it out by 10 degrees, plus the worn linkage factor means it can hit edges, but it's easy to rectify...

main message: It's a good mod that works and I'm happy to have spent the £95 on!

:D

Cheers for the pics 3corsameal.

The rubbing comes as standard on a Bora! And is aggravated in autumn by leaf fall.

annoyingly i bought some wiper blade treatment stuff the other day and tried it out, my wipers are terrible now, they keep sticking to the screen and judder about :lol: typical, its like they are too clean if thats possible, too sticky

Just fitted these onto mine, pics below. I didn't trim anything off so the drivers side wiper slightly overlaps with the passenger side but apart from that no probs at all. Can't wait for it to rain 8) !!!!

Cheers

Scott

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

And I've just gone back to original wipers which came off my last Corrado and have lived in the garage ever since.. that was about 5 years ago though so will probably need some new blades! :)