Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

Ive got play in my arms as well. Ive replaced all off the linkages I can replace. The spindles aren't easy to replace as I found out when I ordered one, as it is riveted to the frame. So I still have it.

The play is when you move one arm up and down on the screen it moves the other side. Probably about an inch of play. I'm thinking its got to be the motor it's self. I've swapped the motor and frame before, but only with a second hand unit which could be just as worn. :?

Yeah I replaced my motor a couple of years ago. Transforms the wipers to be honest. No more slowing down at motorway speeds or if the screen is dry, and they always park in the same spot more consistently.

Think I paid around £150 from VAG. Worth it if it you do a lot of miles, which I do :D

I replaced all the linkages and regreased / sealed the two spindles and I thought that was all it needed, but nope, the motor has made the biggest improvement on mine....along with the TT wipers of course :D

Hi guys think I have dropped a boob, I see the tt arms you purchased I take it are from a mk2 tt... Do the mk1 tt arms not work or not suitable...?

Hi guys think I have dropped a boob, I see the tt arms you purchased I take it are from a mk2 tt... Do the mk1 tt arms not work or not suitable...?

No its the Mk1's you want. Not sure if they Mk2s are different.

No its the Mk1's you want. Not sure if they Mk2s are different.

Thankyou mate and thank god for that!!!! :D

I've always put up with how bad the wipers are on my corrado, drivers side atleast as passenger side has always been ok. My car is LHD, so as these part numbers for TT wipers won't fit i thought i'd have a go sorting the driver's side out. I took the arm and wiper off after a quick look and the spring which presses the wiper onto the windscreen seems to run out of leverage just as it gets to the glass, So thought i'd shorten the spring for more leverage!

After prizing the spring out which itself is a task, the shortening of the spring is quite easy. I heated the last loop i.e the hook part on one end up till it was glowing on the gas hob and curled it back towards the rest with pliers, quite easy. The spring is probably only 2mm shorter overall and you can only do it to one end as one end passes through a hole, and the end you've just bent hooks onto a back onto the small linkage. Putting it back together especially with the shorter spring is a right job, i neally gave up. Got it back together and back on and its loads better, even with the 5yr old wiper blade. If getting the spring in and out was easy i'd say try it before spending £100, but as its a right task i'd have a go on a spare arm maybe first

Are the drivers arms off a 2008 tt the same it's a mk2 tt or does any 1 no what year and mk 2 get many thanks

I got a set of TT wipers on the VR and they make one hell of a difference.

Made me jump several times to start with as they are much more chunky compaired to the original ones, so would catch me out :camp:

Anyone have all the part numbers and prices for the arms/blades/everything needed for this conversion?

Can we tidy the thread up a bit and post part no's and prices for both the Lupo and TT setups on the front page?

Jesus, what is it with lazy surfers these days?

Page 2 -

Arm x 2 - 8N2 955 408D

Blade x 2 - 8N2 955 425E

First post updated.

This is the TT Wiper thread, not Lupo, so I'm not putting lupo p/ns in here.

Jesus, what is it with lazy surfers these days?

Page 2 -

Arm x 2 - 8N2 955 408D

Blade x 2 - 8N2 955 425E

First post updated.

This is the TT Wiper thread, not Lupo, so I'm not putting lupo p/ns in here.

well , it is a 28 page thread! lol

Edited by Tristan H

if we all searched for the answer wouldn't it be called a book rather than a website?

i don't mind people asking questions that might of been answered before, its how real life happens!

Drove my Corrado last night to see herself , and home this morning , both times is heavy rain , and was dumbfounded how bad the OE wipers are . And I've new blades!

I had been reading this thread and thinking you guys were over-reacting , but if anything you underestimated it! How on earth did VW sell these cars with such woeful wipers , or was the set-up ok when the cars were new?

I bought the Corrado with the OEM wipers and they were utter rubbish, yes they moved the water from left to right but that's about it. Smears, plenty of water, low visibility and that "annoying" judder all the time. Tried Rain-X product meanwhile and yes that improved things a lot, but I found myself either travelling to slow due to traffic or rain was just not strong enough for Rain-X to work properly. So finally decided to order the TT upgrade (thanks again Pat) and boy what a difference!

Took me maybe 20 mins to get it installed and properly align... On first try it started to catch a bit of my window seal at the top, but re-aligned wiper arm again and it doesn't do it anymore. I was reading, you guys been cutting the blades or bending arms to get it work, but I found I do not have to do this - I admit I need to give it a proper test with proper rain and some driving - but playing with watering can produced very satisfactory results. It just works out of the box :)

Very happy indeed, also been reading that this setup can put some strain on the wiper motor - so need to keep an eye on this - but so far I am very pleased because it just works the way it should.

I just found a seller on Ebay who says he has "loads" of mk1 TT arms... not sure whether loads is 6 , 20 , or whatever...

Hi yes loads,they are £20 each £5 postage...thanks

result!