Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

the up sides of getting older. S3 insurance

Just thought id check out what insurance would be like on the s3 now.. i figured it would be around the same as before which was £750 full comp

Im a year older and got a years extra NCB.

£464.10 :D

just wanted to tell someone really!

I just lost all my NCB and had to get a new policy this week. 409 quid on a vr with zero NCB! I thought that was pretty good. I've never found cheaper than elephant and they wanted 600.

Problem is never insurance.. its buying the freaking car! I got a quote of just over £700 for a Porsche Cayman.. great, but can't afford the £40,000 or so for the motor!

Same with something like an S3 - I can get similar quotes to you Nathan but I wish I had £12k to splurge on a car! :(

Wow, thats so cheap! I doubt i'd be able to get it that low and i've about 8yrs NCB - I pay about £500 on the VR

You must live in a very low risk area.

Problem is never insurance.. its buying the freaking car! I got a quote of just over £700 for a Porsche Cayman.. great, but can't afford the £40,000 or so for the motor!

Same with something like an S3 - I can get similar quotes to you Nathan but I wish I had £12k to splurge on a car! :(

i totally agree,i'm @ the age when insurance price doesn't worry me its gettin the dollars to by the car,when u only earn 200quid a week!!god i need a new job :( :( :(

u wanna try living in a high risk area - feckin killed my insurance back up to a grand this year and Ive got max no claims.

Think I will have to move house before I can own a faster car :(

£464 is damn good...... not as good as £310 for me to insure a brand new Golf GTI, grp 17 though :-) R32 would £390, grp 18.

I got a quote on a Merc 500SL, £6k value, for a laugh - £675 fully comp with protected no claims and only a £120 excess...

Hmmm....! :lol:

I only paid £670 fully comp on a 580bhp Skyline (all mods declared £16k valuation), but then I am 32 and a respectable business man :lol: :lol: :lol:

For your age though £484 is well cheap, wish I had that sort of dosh to spunk on a car when I was 23 :wink:

jesus thats some good quotes, i get charged £1000 on my subaru with 4 years NCB

£760 on a Porsche 911 in a high risk area and claims. :)

Jay

Ouch I pay that for TPFT on my G60 Golf and i got 5yrs NCB in a low risk area! :(

I see no one is actually listing companies, so I'll get my usual treatment, bent over the table :(

Phone Keith Micheals Insurance, ask for Gary Moulson, say I sent you :wink:

He sorted insurance on my scoobies, supra, r32 and r33 skylines, RX7s and has always done me a good deal, even if the car is modified. Even though I tend to change cars about once a month.

Give him a bell, you may be surprised :wink: .

jedi-knight83

:: CF Subscriber ::

:: CF Subscriber ::

the 83 in the name gives it away too :p

Jedi with his uber wide sig picture buggering up my screen :(