Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

New Skyrocket???

What do you think?????

Think it looks well good, Should've called it Corrado though (Runs for flame suit from Tempest :D )

newsirocco.jpg

Nothing to be sorry about, it's all part of the hype and sensation of the idea of a new Scirocco/Corrado/whatever-it's-going-to-be-called on the horizon :-)

Tempest

its not going to be called the corrado at all, most like be the scirocco or Jetta Coupe.

personally i think its a good thing if they dont call it a corrado, will keep our cars unique still

I like the exclusiveness of the Corrado and a new MKII Corrado would bring ours back into the public eye and maybe more folk would notice the originals but I like the fact that most people are unaware of the Corrado and it's qualities. All of us on here have taste - that's why we have Corrados.

1.4??? WTF is that all about!!!!

Yes, I complained about that, too, during the last visit to VW in Berlin back in January (10 VW marketing people listening to 9 Scirocco-nutters about what we like about our Roccos). They assured me that it's a really good engine.

Tempest

1.4??? WTF is that all about!!!!

There was a post on here about that engine, supercharged and turbocharged 1.4FSi. IIRC it seemed to put out decent power.

170hp and 180ish torque IIRC..... it might be a good engine, but you can't put a 1.4 engine in a flag ship coupe, simple as that!

Especially not when they can take a 2.0 Turbo or an R32 off the shelf instead.

170hp and 180ish torque IIRC..... it might be a good engine, but you can't put a 1.4 engine in a flag ship coupe, simple as that!

Especially not when they can take a 2.0 Turbo or an R32 off the shelf instead.

yup, it would seem a bit remiss of VW to try and push how good a new 1.4 could be when there are as Kev says the 'proper motors' that the sports coupe buying demographic would be looking for are piled high around them!!

does anyone have a pic of the rear of the car, i've only seen the 'grinning' yellow front end... it's basically a giant smiley > > :D