LowG

Corrado Round 2

Recenlty i put the car together after scraping my last shell. New shell, still needs to go bodyshop for front bumper and bonnet respray. For those who were at Ace Cafe last night might have seen it. Its forced induction of course and should provide an adrenaline rush at the strip. :) Still got loads left to do but so far so good.

Thats a rather meaty intercooler tucked behind the bumper there...

cool nice one - what type of engine has been FI'd 16/20v?

It's a 16v turbo.

I wanted to build something different from your everyday engine.

G-tuned built 2.1l uprated pistons/conrods/bolts/balanced crank.

G-tuned ported head and uprated cams, valve work.

G-tuned tubular/equal length turbo manifold 316ss.

G-tuned intake manifold.

G-tuned custom intercooler and piping.

Custom 3" stainless downpipe and exhaust system built by us.

Full standalone engine management.

GT35R ball bearing turbocharger with external wastegate, 4" custom turbo intake and loads more.......................

Almost all bits on the engine had to be fabricated in house.

Turbo spool is excellent considering the size of the turbo. Have been running baby boost, its insane when the turbo wakes up. The G60 badge fools many people .

Not been on the dyno to see what she is pushing but from some measurements via accelerometer we are seeing in excess of 300whp on low boost. The VR clutch I had in there was slipping badly in no time but we are sorting it out.

Should make it to E38 if I can get her out of body shop in time, but once we go Santa Pod its where the real fun begins.

Edited pics above.

Thanks, we are using G60 box for now. We suspect the gearbox to give up on higher boost but the clutch went first.

Having a big turbo is like having traction control in fwd cars as the slight lag gets you of the line better and delivers the power where you can use it better.

On higher boost the gearbox wont take the abuse, uprated gears 1-4 its what we might do or switch to another gearbox possibly same with driveshafts.

It's quite enjoyable to drive, quiet and soft when you want and an animal when you rip it up, road slicks work well on dry.

No videos yet but I should be at Santa Pod very soon to see what she will run on the current settings :) . At that point I will get some videos.

Hi guys, I was playing around with mate of mine who has a WRX pushing 345bhp, I thought I would take some videos so you guys can see. I was impressed to see how she matched up as I'm only running low boost at the moment. We were level on both videos from rolling start at second gear, camera was in the wrx.

All done under the limit of course :wink:

More boost and more power to come :)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4807350466080840467

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3828602422186976860

Wow! You totally owned him :D:D

That's sweet as 8)

Im loving this car more and more

I'm seriously thinking of getting another 16v after this and turboing it. Hmm, maybe a swap is in order...

I have to admit a Stealth built 16v Turbo motor in my Rado would seriously appeal if I came into some money... ho hum.. maybe one day!

Thanks for the coments guys, I have some other good vids but I cant really post them :oops: .

I think the car is at around 36% potential of what the setup should make, using 99ron pump fuel there is still alot of room to stretch.

The timing map and air fuel values are pretty conservative right now so more power can be found there with same boost.

when i click on it....it goes to my gallery pics???????????

Try it again, and when youre there click "Refresh" in your browser ;)

LowG awesome mate, not many cars will do a scooby like that :shock: 8)