LowG

Corrado Round 2

when i click on it....it goes to my gallery pics???????????

I'm getting the same problem!! Maybe my PC is telling me that i should create my members gallery!

JayG60, thank god i'm not alone :lol: was drivin me crazy!!

Stan 24v, thats done nowt mate :D,never to worry & sorry for goin off topic again :D

Wow thats an impressive set up. What sort of price you would you put on building the motor?? Is it your demo car? Hats off to you dude :)

Wow thats an impressive set up. What sort of price you would you put on building the motor?? Is it your demo car? Hats off to you dude :)

Thanks guys.

The price to build the block with J&E pistons, overbore it and Pauter conrods with ARP bolts you are looking at around 1k in parts. The block should handle anything you throw at it 600 +hp.

Yes this is my demo car, its a few months late as I was meant to have it ready for VW festival at the Pod, oh well will have to be next year that way gives me more time to test and work out the little bugs.

Like any project car its a work in progress where I am always changing bits and improving it.

As you can tell the car is built for maximum power and should yield good times at the 1/4 mile track.

The car on paper should produce around 620whp, with race fuel how close I get to that number will have to see.

With all these new fast turbo Corrados coming up it will be interesting to see how the VW scene over here will respond.

I think the turbo epidemic is finally catching up with the VW croud :) .

mmmm, that looks quick. Nice exhaust note in the 2nd clip, revs just suddenly blast up there, NICE!

The loud scream comes from the wastegate being fully open due to me running low boost. The wastegate dumps the gas on the atmosphere without silencing the sound. This makes the car very quiet on 1-4k and screaming animal from 4-8k.

Once the sound comes on you know you are moving as the turbo has reached full speed, when this happens the revs climb very quickly up.

nah the car slow

always said 16vT was a bad idea lol ;)

I miss my corrado lol

YOU need to come back to the pack, I have a nice big turbo with your name on it to stick into the R32, its as big as your head lol :lol:

hows this coming along?

Car is coming along nicley, have upped the boost and are around the 400-430hp mark still not on huge boost, there is alot to come still.

Have broken 2 gearboxes already both on 3rd gears.

This summer the car should be running in the 1/4 at most VW shows, the plan is to pack around 500hp with slick tyres, gearbox should be sorted by that time able to handle the power.

It will be first time on the track with this setup so hopefully it will work out, shooting for low times but i have a feeling this year there will be some competition.

Hi guys, quick update.

Ran the car at GTI spring festival for the first time ever. Only managed to do a best of 13.3 seconds at 114mph, this was the first run of the day by the way.

The rest of the runs got worse due to problems with the gearbox and clutch.

I was runing a close ratio box with open diff and street slick wheels.

The clutch pressure faded from the first run ever making it very dificult to change gears causing the rpms and boost to fall out of its efficiency range.

Anyhow I was somewhat happy to achieve a 13.3, even tho I was aiming for 12s with the setup I had at the time and moderate boost.

I had a very hard time getting traction too, got a best of 2.1 60ft (open diff sucks).

Back to the drawing board now to find a solution to improve street/track traction and overall strength.

I was aiming for 13.3 and got 14.5 at 1.2 bar (car leaking boost).

I would have been well chuffed with that time and your disappointed lol.

Really liking all these turbo c's that are coming myself.

Hope you achieve 600+ and im in the queue for some runs in yours also.

So after a quick think I have began work to improve the car. Not fwd anymore.

Here is a run at GTi festival, I think it was a 13.4 second pass.

sorry long time since i put some pics up, been very busy.

Car undergoing loads of work, I have converted it to 4wd and its in the final stages of assembly. Gone with the 02m gearbox and haldex diff, custom driveshafts and fabricated mounts and boot.

Many part uprated/in the process such as turbo, launch control/antilag, side exit exhaust 4", solid 16v valvetrain, suspension and more. Next in the cards its weight reduction and cage welding. Might do a 10 or 14 point cage as trying to keep weight to minimum.

Decided to go 4wd for the fact that the 02m is a stronger box to start with and the car will be more sensible/safer to drive on street. Have gained more weight as a result but i keep convincing myself it will be worth it :roll: .

On the track should provide good 60ft times with some sticky tires so finally will be able to lay the power down, diff lock will be controlled incar.

Will put more pics up soon.

nice work, shouldn't have much traction problems now.

No hope not, with twin lsd's and slicks all round the car should launch pretty good, power will be distributed almost 50-50, as you might know there are a few cars runing this system, and some run 60ft times in the low 1.7-5s. I recon that can be reduced :)

The 6 speed shifter is also more precise than the 02a, combine that with a fairly low milage 02m and an optimised clutch hydraulic system makes me really look forward to trying this out.

Bit of update, got the new engine going in with a few changes. Waiting on the new turbo wheel to come from cnc shop, exhaust system finished now with a side exit. Wanted to attend the GTI spring festival but seems v unlikley to be ready :( hopefully should be ready for the later one.