rado-steve

My 1.8T Rado......End of the adventure.......Gutted!

So sorry to see what has become of your Corrado. Words don't work at this time, as no one can say anything to reconcile the loss. What is important at these times however, is the outpouring of support and empathy. Sadly I too have had to watch two of my cars lost to me this way, my 1969 Cooper S, and my A4 Quattro. I know something of how you feel right now, and hope you will draw all the good from those here on this Forum to ease some of the anguish. Very best to you fella.

I've read your thread on Edition a couple of time's lovely car Let's hope you can bring it back to it's former glory.Feel for you mate ;)

responses to this show a fantastic display of caring & passion & empathy for a fellow members heart breaking news! :)

it may not bring the lovely nugget back but hopefully they can take solace from the kind words

i really hope you get some good news from your insurer

Just wanted to say Thanks Everyone who's commented & PM'd me! It really lovely to know the car was well received & liked! Didn't realise how many people had a soft spot for her!

Can I rebuild.....

I just don't know, I really don't know! A lot will depend upon my Insurance Company and As yet the Bloody Engineers (who came out over a week ago Grrr) still haven't filed their report!

I'll see what they say and go from there I think, but I really have a massive itch for a BMW M car, wether its an E46 M3 (Yes you can get them in Dakar Yellow) or an e39 M5. i may just be able to clobber enough together to get one, but it'll mean I part whats left of mine out....

I can feel the vultures circling already :)

Steve

That was one lovely Corrado matey :thumbleft: It's your decision mate do what you want I'm sure the one's who feel a little peeved will soon be won over by your excellent taste after all you would be a former Corrado owner. All are one's with impeccable taste.

Can't blame you for wanting a slice of ///M - fully understand the allure myself. It seems to be what a lot of Corrado owners are aspiring to these days. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Can't blame you for wanting a slice of ///M - fully understand the allure myself. It seems to be what a lot of Corrado owners are aspiring to these days. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Natural Progression used to be to a 964 Porka..........a few years ago you could have a tidy one for £10-12K now they are all £20K+ :(

E46 M3's are anywhere from £6k for rough read...need rear subframe to £15-20K for low mileage minters! I've added up about £10k in my head for car payout & parting out value & that should get me a nice E46 or a very very good E39 M5....Mmmmm V8 :)

So sad to hear/ see this Steve. Were you driving at the time? Flipping scary!

Hope the insurance negotiations go well mate :(

I love my Corrado...

Some days I want to kick it, but I keep it to myself because driving that car makes me so happy, when she's running well, all the stupid sensor faults and the list of "things to do and fix" vacate my mind and I just smile :)

I know how I would feel if I lost her, so my thoughts are well and truly with you :( I hope you can salvage whatever you can and you'll be back driving another one soon, perhaps with a few nugget donations, keeping her spirit alive :)

Dawn

xx