herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

nice motor mate, I am considering one of those in avant form myself.

how much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah forgot to say in my post that it's not mine :lol: It's my old mans but he NEVER uses it as he lives in his work van :lol: so it sat there on the drive for months and months so I'm giving it some good use now my car's off the road!

My parents bought it new for like £28k or something, hardly worth that now, probs worth about £7-8k maybe at it's best :confused4: It's the 180bhp Sport one although it doesn't feel as sporty as the C, i'd rather be driving that any day of the week, much more feel when driving at pace whereas in this you have no feedback at all from the steering so have no indication as to whether it will grip when entering a corner quickly! The 4wd is nice though, but the tyres are on their way out so you can get some nice 4 wheel drifts in the wet, but never very long ones as you run out of revs just as you get the tail out :lol:

I might end up keeping it as a daily at some point though I reckon, I have a feeling when my car's done it won't get used at all and my dad won't get rid of it so i might offer to keep it going for him :lol: When running properly and when not thrashing it so much the fuel economy isn't that bad, not great at the min though, 30mpg at a push I reckon it's doing :gag:

something is dodgy causing the turbo to just come in whenever it feels like it and only at about half boost when it does, so it's gutless at the min :( comfy though and quiet 8)

You're not kidding! When I followed you back from Stealth the acceleration wasn't proportional to the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust :lol:

Exactly! :lol: It'll go well when it's sorted out though, the torque it had before was immense being a V6 diesel! My dad wants to get it chipped at some point, that'll be nice 8)

something is dodgy causing the turbo to just come in whenever it feels like it and only at about half boost when it does, so it's gutless at the min :( comfy though and quiet 8)

You're not kidding! When I followed you back from Stealth the acceleration wasn't proportional to the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust :lol:

that's what happens when you buy something that runs on "tractor fluid" though! :wink:

hope you get BOTH problems squared asap Rob - F'in cars!!!

btw - it's unlikely if you're getting loads of smoke, but it could be that the DPF filter in the exhaust has got clogged - VAG-doc was having terrible arguements with the dealers over similar problems with his van.

if yours is intermittent though then it's probably not that. got any error codes for us?

oh, and yes - it's a nice daily :D

that's what happens when you buy something that runs on "tractor fluid" though! :wink:

hope you get BOTH problems squared asap Rob - F'in cars!!!

btw - it's unlikely if you're getting loads of smoke, but it could be that the DPF filter in the exhaust has got clogged - VAG-doc was having terrible arguements with the dealers over similar problems with his van.

if yours is intermittent though then it's probably not that. got any error codes for us?

oh, and yes - it's a nice daily :D

I know, bloody cars, chuffing love them though :lol:

Yeah we scanned it at Stealth when I picked my wiring up, can't remember the code but it was something like Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor that was throwing an error. Vince reckons it could be this little map sensor that he's replaced before on other VAG diesels with similar symptoms but he's not done a V6 one so couldn't find it to show me. I need to have a look really :lol:

my cousin has the avant 180bhp version (that i am considering buying) and its been chipped, quite quick

Yeah I imagine it is, think a chip takes it to about 220bhp but the torque would be huge! 8) Will defo get this chipped at some point, we want all the colour coded skirts etc for it as well at some points, expensive though from Audi :eek:

Still no luck and am out of ideas now so I'm going to have to take the ECU, pedal etc to Stealth and they are going to test them on a working R32 conv they have in at the moment. Hopefully they can shed some light and it's only a minor issue!

Rob, was the TPS Can-bus one of the repairs Vince had to make to the Harness?

But if the Ecu/Pedal works on the conversion then It's down to the Harness!

Issues with wiring that's been Frazzled, can all look ok and test Ok but then just break...

my vote's on get a new harness! :wave:

Rob, was the TPS Can-bus one of the repairs Vince had to make to the Harness?

But if the Ecu/Pedal works on the conversion then It's down to the Harness!

Issues with wiring that's been Frazzled, can all look ok and test Ok but then just break...

my vote's on get a new harness! :wave:

Not sure what he had to repair tbh, it was the internal stuff that was burnt, the engine loom was perfectly fine and he tested the ECU and that was all ok.

It should hopefully be something simple! I bloody hope it is, it's starting to do my head in having it sitting there running perfectly fine but can't do feck all with it :censored:

It'll get sorted, you need some patience Rob :wink:

I don't think you fully appreciate the good work you've done. You took a risk on an R32 lump from a burned out car which was always going to be hit and miss if it'll ever run properly again. You put that in yourself. You put the 6 branch and exhaust on yourself, plus a load of other stuff. The only bit you got professional help on was the ECU and wiring/mapping, which I don't blame you for tbh. I'd have done the same. So I think one minor electrical teething fault after all that is bloody good going personally and you should be more proud than frustrated :salute:

Others have spent considerably longer on their R32 conversions and you've got yours in and running (albeit with a throttle, LOL!) within a few weeks!

It'll get sorted, you need some patience Rob :wink:

I don't think you fully appreciate the good work you've done. You took a risk on an R32 lump from a burned out car which was always going to be hit and miss if it'll ever run properly again. You put that in yourself. You put the 6 branch and exhaust on yourself, plus a load of other stuff. The only bit you got professional help on was the ECU and wiring/mapping, which I don't blame you for tbh. I'd have done the same. So I think one minor electrical teething fault after all that is bloody good going personally and you should be more proud than frustrated :salute:

Others have spent considerably longer on their R32 conversions and you've got yours in and running (albeit with a throttle, LOL!) within a few weeks!

Well when you put it that way :grin: :lol:

Update time!

Took the ECU to Stealth today to test it in a working Mk2 R32 (with the same mk5 engine) to see if the ECU could be the cause ofit not revving ... and yes it was! Plugged it in and was exactly the same, idled fine but wouldn't rev. So Vince then took the chip out my ECU to check the software but he couldn't see any issues. He then tested my chip in the other ECU and it revved fine so wasn't software. We think something was damaged in the ECU when the donor car had the fire ... so it's new ECU time :( :( Vince has kept hold of my ECU to see if he can salvage it but at same time is keeping his eyes open for another ECU as will I.

For now though, Vince has lent me a spare ECU he had, it's not perfect though, it's from an Audi and the ECU number is weird, he said it's not mk4 but not mk5 and so the maps are a bit dodgy. It's just had the immobilizer removed and everything else is standard including the map, car runs fine with it on but obviously it will be erroring due to rear lambdas etc, but it'll be drivable to get the car finished.

Got it back plugged it all back together and she now revs :clap: So took a few more pics and this time a video 8)

[youtube:jjw3v9i8] [/youtube:jjw3v9i8]

Just a few more wiring bits for the clocks and bolt the pedal down and she's pretty much there! :clap:

Now some pics 8)

glad you kinda got it sorted mate, bet your well chuffed :)

I'm getting there, will be very chuffed when I can drive the thing! Won't be long though (although been saying that for weeeeeks now :lol:)

aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - i REALLY REALLY miss that noise! :(

car is looking good matey.

i would get either a standard airbox or a bmc to keep the noise to a minimum personally as i'm sure that will become tiring eventually.

i would be really interested to have a go in this at some point soon to see how it compares to my previous effort.

also if you speak to vag-doc (mark at south west in-car tech), i recon he'll be able to sort an ecu for you in matter of days at a good price.

good for you pal.

my old corrado is the only reason i want to turn the boost up on my evo - it's felt slow ever since i got it!

Very deep sounding, mine is a bit more high pitched than that. Almost makes me want to put a cone filter back on. Looking good, first drive is awesome.