herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Is anyone available preferably tommorow that has VAG-COM (well the lead at least)? Kev can't make it now and I am stuck without VAG-COM :( I need to check why it's going in to limp mode.

It's ok, i'm gunna get it to Stealth and have The Vince have a look over it :cheers:

Got a better ins quote from Brentacre (who were really helpful over the phone!) for £980 fully comp and everything declared, with protected no claims etc etc. They insure on a BHP basis as well so I'm within the 250bhp bracket (it's only got that much, honest!) and they don't care what other mods you do to it, as long as you let them know and as long as they don't put it above the agredd BHP, which I think is great! That's still a bit more than I was hoping but looking at everyone else quotes at £750, £800 etc and with them being older and having advanced licenses etc etc (ignoring Karl's ridiculously cheap quote :p) I suppose it's about right and I think I'm being too wishful! The monthly payments are what I wanted which is just over £80pm.

All others I've tried are in the same ball park as HIC i.e. well over a grand or about a grand with no protected no claims and higher excesses etc. OR I do too many miles per year to qualify for classic ins (probs do about 10-12k easily I'd say).

Wrong lambdas as we suspected. He's ordered the correct ones from TPS or something.....

Your £980 quote isn't too bad Rob tbh. I'm with then also and my premium isn't far off that and I'm 36 with full NCD! Mind you, my limit is 400hp though :D

Renewals are said to be on the increase this year due to an rise in fraudulent claims :mad2:

Yeah, got the car to Stealth on saturday. The car felt great to get back in to, soooooo planted and stiff now with the ARB's, MED's, strut brace, R32 bushes etc etc it just felt awesome! The car was running rather rough all the way, barely revved past 2k rpm but I was still able to shift passed other cars at those revs the torque is so low down it's amazing! :grin:

Anyway got to Stealth, cleared the codes and then found the problem to be a) fuel pressure too low, adjusted with FPR and now revs to 3k rpm and b) main problem is the wrong lambdas :brickwall: the different ECU's are really fussy with different parts. One bank was adding 25% timing and the other bank was -25% timing roughly. We rang VW and got the right part numbers (1K0 998 262 K for the front right and 1K0 998 262 N for the front left btw), mine are AR and CH I think so must be Audi ones.

I'm ordering the new Bosch ones today from my nearest Central Auto Supplies, not cheap though at £75 +VAT each but that's cheaper than VW :shock: I can sell the old ones though to recoop some costs, I have 3!!

It's gunna go like a b@stard though when it's running 100%! At the moment in limp mode you can accelerate to 60 by short shifting immensely quick and still wants to spin the wheels if you press too much! Can't wait!! :clap: :clap:

Good stuff!

Adding and subtracting 25% timing? Don't you mean fuel? :lol: 25% is the maximum it can adjust, so no wonder it was struggling if it was maxed out!!

Mind you, 25% is a big error margin if you've got the correct parts :D

Incorrect fuel pressure? We set it to 3 bar didn't we? Must need 4 bar then?

Good stuff!

Adding and subtracting 25% timing? Don't you mean fuel? :lol: 25% is the maximum it can adjust, so no wonder it was struggling if it was maxed out!!

Mind you, 25% is a big error margin if you've got the correct parts :D

Incorrect fuel pressure? We set it to 3 bar didn't we? Must need 4 bar then?

Yeah I meant fuel, dunno what made me say timing :nuts: Yep maxed out each side really. I was wondering though, with one being +25% and the other -25% whether swapping them round would make any difference? They're still the wrong ones so I've ordered the new ones to be safe, £180 though :(

Yeah I thought we adjusted the fuel pressure correctly but Vince asked me why it's low and adjusted it. :shrug:

well vag com would throw a 'lambdas in back to front' error if that was the case. It certainly sounds the case mind?!

I would try that before you invest in new lambdas

Ahh that's a shame Neil :( oh well!

You could do me a favor actually and probs find out what the ones I have are? The part numbers are 022 906 262 CH on the left bank and 022 906 262 AD on the right. I also have another lambda which is 022 906 262 BL and I don't know what any of them are for :shrug: If you could clear it up then it would make flogging them all a bit easier for me :lol:

Are you sure it's AD, it doesn't show up in ETKA.

CH is for a BUB code engine, before the lambda, on the left. I *think*.

Hmm might have been AR, I can't remember. I'll know for definite when I take them off tomorrow. So the CH is the right one then? The part numbers I got from Vince (who got them froma dealer) are 1K0 998 262 K for right bank and 1k0 998 262 N for left. This is confusing stuff :lol:

Good stuff!! Hopefully they will do the trick.

If not..... rip it out and go VR6 turbo :lol:

that sound familliar 8)

He'll do that anyway as 270ish hp won't amuse him for long :lol:

:lol:

270bhp will be fast, but there will be so many cars that will be faster he will have to do something :lol:

FWD + 3.2 24V turbo does not equal good progress imo. You'll just sit there melting the tyres. Ask Rob how easily it spins the wheels naturally aspirated....add a turbo to that and you'll be replacing tyres on a weekly basis :lol:

4WD is a MUST :D