Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Parking Over 2 Spaces

I made some stickers up at work saying TWAT on a yellow background (same as the rear number plate). If someone parks to close i stick one on the bottom of the plate and they never know!

edit: twit = tw@

well technically i can be classed as being a disabled driver due to an accident i had 6 years ago, 5mm x 3" piece of glass going straight through my hand, but i never bother with the disabled sticker, why should i, there are people out there that do need it.

only time i ever park in a disabled space is on a monday morning, 8 o clock in the morning at morrisons car park to get some money out. The disabled spaces are like 2 metres away from the cash point, and every single time I've gone there (past 4 months) the car park has always been empty and Im only in the parking space for like 1 minute max. I'd never do it on any other day.

MTC, you claim people "fake" a disability to use parking spaces, well, you're doing that yourself!!

ahem..

hmm.. interesting thread!

I've had my door dinged less times parking normally then when i used to park over two spaces. On one occasion, i came back to my car to find an impreza parked so close to my drivers door i had to get in the passanger side. he'd done it on purpose, to teach me a lesson and i PMSL.. that was class.

Parking in disabled bays is unacceptable. full stop. [edit] unless you're disabled! :oops:

not sure where i stand on parent and child bays - i dont see why i should have to walk further to do my £200 shop, just because mummy wants to take her kids to pick up some milk.. supermarkets should have a concierge service for loyal customers!

However, it's very rare i've used one [cant think of a time i have]

im a bit of a fatty, and struggle to get out of small spaces sometimes.. surely that works in the same way as struggling to get a baby out the back?

another part of the reason I'll park in a parent n kid space is also the possibility of getting a door knock is quite unlikely,whereas no matter how hard you try by parking at the end of a car park(when its quiet).....you'll always get some muppet park right next to you..........so far ive spent near on £500 on panel repairs on various cars........the car park/shop will never admit liability and its very few and far between that someone will own up to damaging it so i'm sorry but if it inconveniences an able bodied person with a kid then tough luck........i'm fed up forking out for ppl's mistakes.........but one things for certain............i respect disabled bays

Well I wouldnt normally say this, but I sincerely hope it comes back to bite you in the ar5e and your car does get damaged parking in one.

Oh, and remember this if you ever have children and curse as you try to get a child seat in or out of a car because some ignorant cunt who values his paintwork over the safety of your child (I know of several accidents involving children and prams in car parks, which is another reason parent and child parking is close to the door) had parked in the parent and child spaces leaving you stuck to use a standard sized space.

Getting a babyseat out of a corrado parked in a normal space is a bloody nightmare isnt it :(

I'll agree with you there :(

I've had to leave my wife with the baby outside the car and come out of the space plenty of times, just to have room to get the car seat in :roll:

errr less of the chav

and likewise i hope some brat dings your motor thinking your abusing their god given right to park in parent n kid spaces................and btw no chance of me having kids........hate the fluckers...........oh and its by choice,as the wife can't stand them either

not sure where i stand on parent and child bays - i dont see why i should have to walk further to do my £200 shop, just because mummy wants to take her kids to pick up some milk.. supermarkets should have a concierge service for loyal customers!

However, it's very rare i've used one [cant think of a time i have]

Its one of those things you will never understand or appreciate untill you have children, A year ago I would have said they were a pointless waste of parking spaces, yet I never once parked in one.

My normal parking tricks to avoid dents are, Park at the end of a line next to a kerb, park as close to the kerb as you can without kerbing your wheels, thus you are as far as possable from the next parking space.

Or find a parking space where the cars are nose to tail (I find that nearly every car park (well in this country anyway) has at least a handfull of these, normally empty as most people are crap at paralel parking.

errr less of the chav

and likewise i hope some brat dings your motor thinking your abusing their god given right to park in parent n kid spaces................and btw no chance of me having kids........hate the fluckers...........oh and its by choice,as the wife can't stand them either

Nothing chav about that at all, (being chav is a british thing anyway is it not?) couldnt care less if someone dinged my Corrado by the way, its just a car, more important things in life you know.

When I go to the supermarket and don't want people parking next to me I go to the quiet end and deliberately park it badly. I leave it so the wheels on one side are on the wrong side of the white line, that way people think your a muppet behind the wheel and avoid parking next to you, it's worked every single time and no-one thinks you're a kn0b who's purposefully taking up two spaces.

Don't particularly agree with the family parking spots, they weren't around when I was growing up yet my mum managed just fine with four kids and no big parking spaces.

I only ever park in disabled bays when my dad is in the car and only then if he has his badges (after having both hips replaced and having his aortic valve replaced twice i think he's entitled to use them!)

Really annoys me when people dont have blue badges and use disabled bays. its notjust about being close coz disabled people cant walk far, its also about them needed to open their doors fully to get out as they arent too mobile, watching my dad get into his car in a standard bay is painfull, have sometimes had to move the car out so he can get in.

Can fully appreciate the need for parent and child spaces, means they have space to get the kids in to the car easily, people are also forgetting that having these spaces near the door means that parents dont have to drag their kids across the car park therefore reducing risk of a kid running away from parent straight into my car!

as for the absolute w@nkers who abuse these spaces, they deserve to have their cars towed away and scrapped, yes even those of you who do it with Corrados.

Parking over 2 spaces - as alot of car park count how full the car park is it car really screw it up as the system will think there is space when it cant be used. these people really are just asking for their car to be abused.

For the record, i always park miles away from the door of our local tesco as noone ever parks there.

Don't particularly agree with the family parking spots, they weren't around when I was growing up yet my mum managed just fine with four kids and no big parking spaces.

Ah - but things change (bet she would have thought them a bloody good idea with 4 kids!)

And now they are here - is it too much to ask not to use them if you don't have kids :x

I avoid all these problems by owning a car I rarely actually use. On the rare occasion that I do use the car, it doesn't matter a toss if it gets smacked by a door or three because I won't notice! Old bangers rule.

i tend to park on end spaces and overlap onto hatched areas slightly to avoid picking up dings, or look like i cant park properly so no-one can really get in the space next to me.

When I go to the supermarket and don't want people parking next to me I go to the quiet end and deliberately park it badly. I leave it so the wheels on one side are on the wrong side of the white line, that way people think your a muppet behind the wheel and avoid parking next to you, it's worked every single time and no-one thinks you're a kn0b who's purposefully taking up two spaces.

Thats ok then!

Think you'll also find that disabled people didn't have the same rights as they do now, when you were a kid mate.

Doesn't mean it should stay that way does it? It's called progress.....

Don't get me wrong I can see the point in having them and have never parked in one, I just think they'd be better off just making all the other spaces bigger so you don't need them (obviously keeping the disabled bays).

Don't think there were as many supermarkets with big car parks either.

What's that supposed to mean? Got a decent point to make fella?

Don't get me wrong I can see the point in having them and have never parked in one, I just think they'd be better off just making all the other spaces bigger so you don't need them (obviously keeping the disabled bays).

I see what you're saying matey, but why is it ok to make allowances for one group of people for whom getting out of the car and into the supermarket is difficult, but not another group? I.e. disabled folk and parents respectively.

All or nothing imo :)

No car parks, no parking problems!

(Sorry, I know your not that old! :) )

With my brother my mum did most shopping at local stores down the road or used the bus. Cuts out the prob entirely. Suppose it depends where you grew up.

I see what you're saying matey, but why is it ok to make allowances for one group of people for whom getting out of the car and into the supermarket is difficult, but not another group? I.e. disabled folk and parents respectively.

All or nothing imo :)[/quote:4c830]

Because disabled people genuinely need the extra space and closeness to the door, parents manage in other car parks so why can't they do the same at the supermarket?

All or nothing imo :)[/quote:208e3]

you could say the same for all owners of 2/3 dr coupes etc then,as most 2/3dr versions of cars have longer doors so making access harder also.........parents don't always have to take their kids along afterall,if its the nuclear family of say Man,Woman and 2.4 children then whats wrong with 1 of them staying in the car with the 2.4 kids or at home..........obviously I know thats not always workable but this nanny state we have nowadays where kids no longer get smacked(not abused but physically punished) are making things worse in all walks of life.......its also amazing now how as soon a couple start a family they start looking at buying 5/7 seater ppl carriers