Sign in to follow this  
Musicman

Scirocco Mk3

Should be available around the end of 2007.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08/24/ ... c-concept/

:?

VW picked Viper Green from the original Mk1 colours to debut their Iroc concept (sc-IROC-co - geddit?? :roll:)

Mixed feelings.

Looks a bit like a squashed MkV Golf or the TT Shooting Brake. It ain't a proper coupé.

But, it's growing on me. I like the way the air intakes at the front are mirrored by the exhaust at the rear, and the interior is quite cool. I don't like it at all in Viper Green.

I chopped it into red.

volkswagen-iroc-red.jpg

2-volkswagen-iroc-red.jpg

What a w@nky effort. The interior is chav central and as Car quite rightly say, it's nothing more than a slightly morphed MK5 GTI..... BIG BIG dissapoinment.

nothing more than a slightly morphed MK5 GTI..... BIG BIG dissapoinment.

hmmm, not quite what i was hoping either... there's also a fair amount of Leon in it too... and if you remove the number plate/iroc badge from the front of the green version it looks like a screaming cartoon frog... (or a modern Audi?? :-P )

Very disappointing, another Volkswagen cop out, the interior will certainly be ditched - concept car interiors never make it into production. Looks like a lower, squashed Golf, if the taller Golf is labelled Golf Plus this should surely be labelled Golf Minus - thank god they haven't dared call it Corrado

Looks like I'll be getting my deposit back

its a polished concept drawing again, not worth getting excited over. When its in the metal I'll pass judgement - I am pretty sure its going to look good, keeping the stance of the golf gti with a less bus like side profile

The interior looks like a morphed combination of the new civic, and focus st to me.

I certainly wouldnt have one in green.

I like it alot.

Surely the point of car design is that things change with time....the corrado design is nudging on for 20 years old now.....this is something new.

Might be worth remembering what an awful lot of vw enthusiasts seem to forget... VAG is a business, theyre tailoring their cars to people that can afford them new, which isnt nescisarily us....

Might be worth remembering what an awful lot of vw enthusiasts seem to forget... VAG is a business, theyre tailoring their cars to people that can afford them new, which isnt nescisarily us....

I think this is prety much the issue - we all support the C because of factors completely unplanned in VW's thinking. I mean, could VW have envisaged a creation like A20Lee or Renshaws 24V machine? probably not because they would want to "develop" the Corrado design into a newer (read profiable) creation, and not an iconic vehicle. I know i certainly couldnt afford a new VW, and you get an awful lot of car in the C for the money.

I could have had a Golf GT TDi or new Passat (company paid for but still a sale as far as Volkswagen are concerned) but I CHOSE to drive a Corrado. Working in the industry I get to speak to a lot of people, those who work in the industry and perhaps more importantly, potential customers - many of whom feel that Volkswagen is not a desirable product as it used to be.

Volkswagen have a massive product range (and getting ever bigger) - the problem is that they are not selling in anythinglike the numbers they use to or need to - if thats because of the current model range then they perhaps need to look back at what got them such a good reputation in the marketplace.

Whenever I spend time down in Milton Keynes I'm considered odd because I have an passion in the vehicles, too many manufacturers are run by people who see the vehicle as a product - no more no less. Why aren't Volkswagen people regularly at shows, talking to enthusiasts, soaking up the passion that many people have about the brand. I know Tempest was invited to Germany t talk about the Scirocco but dos anyone really think that they are going to listen - I've been involved in "clincs" for new vehicles and its little more than a tick box exercise.

Its sad to see the way that manufacturers are going - they are increasingly obsessed with brand image - for example Volkswagen dictate the network the bin thay have to have next to the coffee machine, they dictate what coffee is available from the coffee machine. As someone who could, at a stretch afford anew Volkswagen I couldn't give a monkeys about these things - I want enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff and most importantly of all - great product - something I'm not seeing in much quantity with the current Volkswagen line-up

It would be fair to say that they have gone for "safe" options with all their current models.

My missis buys me the car design yearbook each year for crimbo, and someof the stuff they sketch as concepts are spot on (up to this year when the only car in there from vw is the passat....)...yet they never make production.

I for one would love a gx3...

Well I was fairly impressed by it at the launch party. Had a good look around it and I feel there are some really nice touches. Its clearly aimed at a younger market but there was no discussion on pricing at all so who knows what it'll cost..

VW are struggling financially - they are not in a position to launch something incredibly daring and risky - this seems like a safe bet with a nice combination of fairly agressive styling, practicality and performance.

Why would they ever take another gamble on something like the Corrado again? Delays, huge budget overruns and not exactly jaw dropping sales.. why would they want to risk something like that again?

If you want daring styling then perhaps VW just isn't the brand for that any more. I personally like it and if I could afford one, whenever it comes out, I think i'd buy one.

Yep - thats definately it!

Worth mentioning however that the CEO of Volkswagen was stressing that despite the huge party and fanfare this is still only a concept.. so might not even end up looking like this.

To be honest i'd quite like a less OTT interior and a redesign of the rear end - I think it looks far too much like a Renault Megane - narrow top, wide bottom and very very plain. Not good. My only dislike about the car tbh.

TT apart I have never seen a concept car interior make production, the IROC looks good, like the simplicity but its obvious the instruments would be simplified, the more I look at the various angles of the car the more I like it. Clearly the wheels will be smaller in the production version as well

Honestly mate I saw you were not too keen in your earlier posts but like you say... the more you look at it, the more appealing in starts to get. I wouldn't cancel your deposit just yet :)

My other half loves it, shes already insisting that if it is going to be available in Viper Green then thats the colour she wants - might clash with the Nugget

really like that green colour' date=' lucky they not making a new corrado though[/quote']

:roll:

Surely the point of car design is that things change with time....the corrado design is nudging on for 20 years old now.....this is something new.

Alfa Brera?