Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Running on old school 15's

Ok.. so after a little digging regarding the legality of me running 16 or 17" wheels on my Rado over here in Germany... I've come to the realisation that I should just stick to 15's at least for the meantime. I have a set of 17" wheels (MVK 10's) that I'll be getting rid of soon as they're not TÜV certified (bummer)

So.... here's the question... what can I get that will still look good in 15" with the standard 195/50R15 tyres. I'm happy for a little stretch but otherwise need to keep to the standard width (6J right ? )

I've seen a pic of a black Rado running on 15" Estorils (nicely polished) and thought it was a good option. However before taking the plunge I wanted to see what anybody else had to offer.

just for the record.. it's a Black (more dark grey really) 1990 G60.. lowered on FK Highsports (soon)

I'm particularly interested in the Pirelli or the Ronal Turbo's if anybody has some pictures of these on a Rado ??

I was thinking about some BBS rims, but the ones I like are split rim and cost a small fortune ;)

Also, anybody know if the Girling 60 (Audi S2 calipers) fit behind standard 15's :?:

I like the RIAL ones.... although to be honest I prefer the BBS to these. Not realls sure on the second ones though.

Not really sure that sort of style suits 15's.... Although if you've got some pics I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I'm afraid if you want BBS splits then you're gonna have to pay for them!

You could always go for the 7x15" ET25 4x100 1-piece BBS wheels from the BMW E30s, as they look like a single-piece version of the RS, as opposed to the G60 BBS wheels which are 6.5" wide and look like a single-piece version of the RM?

estorils with the backs painted black and the faces diamond cut - theres a golf at NR that has this done, I'll try to find a pic....

the Estoril is a classic wheel IMO.... suits the rado to a tee... although as you have a G60 maybe you should stick with a set of G60 original BBS - they look fabby.... :)

The only thing I'm worried about is the wheels not look wide enough...... Don't want it to look silly ;)

If you can find any pics Scarlet I'd love to see...

D90. but you get the idea of the Estoril in black with a diamond-cut face:

design90%20lg.jpg

And the BMW E30 BBS:

2a_1.JPG

See how the spoke pattern goes right up to the hub nut. Like I said, they're 7" as opposed to the 6.5" of the G60 BBS, and a lower offset too so they'll fill the arches better.

i had polished estorils on my old grey G60 (see sig below) they were nice, ive just got some RMs coming to me in the post as we speak, might be selling them tho if you are interested (as i may be selling the whole car, considering a charged MK3 golf VR6 :D )

I've allways had 15's on my rado's mate

Apart from your G that had 16s though, eh Dave...? ;) :lol:

Yeah, but I only had that for a few minutes :lol: - long enough to realise that I didn't like them

Might be interested in that stoney.. the RM's are split rim right ???

If you've got pics and a price in mind let me know (I'm in Germany mind you, so postage is an issue)