Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

What's your budget for a second car? TDI is definately the way to go imho.

Not very big... Agree about TDI, i used to have a Leon and it was quality...

Have you just replaced your aerial? Need a new amp base for mine, but they're either expensive (VW) or need different connectors. Any ideas?

Have you just replaced your aerial?

Ive just a put a one on from a US spec Honda S2000, i wouldnt have a scooby about connections or anything though mate...

Ooooh. Liking the Shrick! Just seen the picture for the first time! Nice one!!

Just been looking at S2000 aerials on Ebay! Does it have to be US spec, or will a UK one do?

Got to be US, ill send you some details of the guy who supplies them....

PM on root

Ok, have had a productive week or so with the car...

Another massive thankyou to Gwerks who helped (alot) with the fitment of the Schirck and a slight tweek to the cams yesterday...

Only draw back was that the controller box for the manifold is missing so ill be going back again next week once one has been sourced which has worked out nicely as the VT mount didnt turn up in time so that will hopefully be going on at the same time...

Even though the manifold is working to its capability i can tell the difference and cant wait to see what its like fully sorted..

All i need now is an early rocker cover gasket as the one i got from the dealers cannot be fitted with the metal cover and to get some red HT leads and ill be happy...

Ill post up some piccies when the job is done..

Michael, thought the car looked excellent yesterday. It's in such good nick! The engine bay looks fabulous with the tweeked Shrek 8)

I'm looking forward to seeing your hard work at the SC meet (providing I get my C back by then). Bt the rate you are going you will probably have a charger fitted by then :lol:

Thanks very much Andy, ive tidied up the leads today so its looking better and am hoping to have the metal rocker cover on by tomorrow...

Youve confirmed the need for a debadged grill for me!!

There wont be any chargers by the meet Martin although id love one, all in good time i think..

Is there any news on your paint job yet?? Reckon the guy would fancy painting a grill for me??

Is there any news on your paint job yet?? Reckon the guy would fancy painting a grill for me??

Sorry to jump on your thread, but the work which has been done so far looks to be good. They have stripped everything bar the windows which I decided to leave because of the cost. Dents have been filled (some of which I didn't know I had!). The bonnet is back to bare metal and I think the paint will start to go on sometime this week :D I'm in Sultan tomorrow pm so I'm going into to have a look at the progress, I'll ask them about your grill then.

Sounds like its gonna be like a new car when its done, bet your well excited!!

Would appreciate the ask, hoping to have the grill early next week and am keen for it to be done shortly...

Only my opinion Michael, but I'm just not convinced about a debadged grill on your car. Granted, they are normally not colour-coded, but I've never liked them. I only hope you are happy with it. Will still be pleased to see the results though. And the rest of the car is absolutely cracking!! :)

Only my opinion Michael, but I'm just not convinced about a debadged grill on your car. Granted, they are normally not colour-coded, but I've never liked them. I only hope you are happy with it. Will still be pleased to see the results though. And the rest of the car is absolutely cracking!! :)

Im not offended with that at all Charlie, the plan is to have a debadged and a standard grill so i can chop and change as i feel, it will be colour coded to remain in keeping with the car..

Itll be a couple of weeks before its sorted, expect some piccies...

Michael, He has quoted £50 to paint your grill, although it may be cheaper if you take it in and show him :)

Righteo, once ive got it ill take it in and see what he reckons.. Cheers Martin...

After all the work of the last few weeks here is the almost finsihed result.

I have polished up and fitted an old rocker cover along with the replacement of alot of bolts gaskets, cams and of course the manifold..

Still on the look out for some red leads to finish it off and then ill be happy. Unfortunately the VT mount hasnt shown up yet but thats also on its way very soon...

Only draw back is ive sprung an oil leak, its dripping from the bell housing on the gearbox but just cant phatom out where its coming from.. Bloody typical...

looking spot on mate 8) i always think its nice to see people modding a storm and enjoying it rather than just keeping it standard although at the same time i understand why people keep them standard!

Looks superb 8)

Re oil leak- has the gearbox mount leaked? Happened on my last VR and my garage thought it was an oil leak. There's actually a fair amount of fluid in those hydraulic mounts.

Looks superb 8)

Re oil leak- has the gearbox mount leaked? Happened on my last VR and my garage thought it was an oil leak. There's actually a fair amount of fluid in those hydraulic mounts.

Thanks mate...

Im unsure, further investigation required...

Now thats looking awesome mate. 8)

Cheers Dogzyboy, im well chuffed with, especially now the electrical controller is on, it pulls really well....

It's nice you apprecate my work sorry about the wireing problems, but we got it sorted in the end. One last thing if you play with control box make sure you seal it on assembly.See you for engine mount soon then.