Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Huge congratulations, Michael! You kept that one very quiet! All the best with the birth and the first few months of sleeplessness :)

Parts clearout coming soon...

anything i might want mate :) and dont leave here forever mate, as you are as far as i'm concerned, one of the nicest blokes i have met while being on this forum :)

Parts clearout coming soon...

anything i might want mate :) and dont leave here forever mate, as you are as far as i'm concerned, one of the nicest blokes i have met while being on this forum :)

Your not wrong! :camp:

I really do appreciate the nice comments guys, ive met a lot of nice people on here and ive no intention of vanishing..

I had to laugh earlier, i looked outside and the neighbours cat went to sit under the Corrado but there wasnt enough room, thats when you know its low enough...

I really do appreciate the nice comments guys, ive met a lot of nice people on here and ive no intention of vanishing..

I had to laugh earlier, i looked outside and the neighbours cat went to sit under the Corrado but there wasnt enough room, thats when you know its low enough...

:lol:

Sad news indeed Michael :( but congratulations on the baby though! :cheers: I look forward to seeing the new project, you know you want a mk1 golf!! :lol:

Congratulations!

Your Storm gave me masses of inspiration and I always admired the level headed and thorough approach to all you did with it.

Good luck over the next few weeks. Your new babies arrival may not be as predictable as the old ones departure but it will fascinate you just as much, I absolutely guarentee it :)

Ok, the Corrado has left the building...

After a lot of hunting though i havce found this little baby. Its a Mk1 GTI, non sunroof with a whole host of nice little upgrades that im enjoying and have a list of to dos that is quite long..

Basics

Full windows out respray in 2005

Engine rebuild including TSR 1.9 conversion, ligtened and balanced bottom end, ported head, 4 branch, stainless exhaust

BBS RZ (Rado G60) rims, refurbed with Uniroyal rainsports

Mk2 16v brake Servo and front set up

Original and very tidy interior

Lowered on not the best coilies but theyll do for now

Its had pretty much all bits that will go changed so its th basis for a good project, its no minter but shes good..

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

And one with the Bora in the background

DSCN0706.jpg

Baby seat is in the Bora Karl..... :D

Its quick Andy, ive got a dyno printout at 130bhp but it would smoke my old Mk2, it doesnt like going much over a ton though, handling is simply brilliant..

Can only mirror what everyone else has said, the C was gorgeous but the Mk1 looks like a superb base for you to work your magic on - hope you have more success at creating time for yourself to be able to work on it, I tried and failed miserably when Noah came along, hence why I sold the G60

Many congratulations on the baby , if its anything like I'm experiencing, its life changing but definitely for the better

Yeeeh!!! Congrats from us to!!!! As Andy just mentioned it is a great adventure being a dad (& mum!).

Loving the new motor too! I actually drove one last week for the first time in 6 years and I really want another now... :( Between Karen and I we had 3 at one point, 2 road cars and one rally prepared :lol:

Bet it goes rather well with 130hp, comes out at over 150hp per tonne :wink: a Corrado VR6 only comes out at 142hp per tonne...... :lol:

Thats an interesting stat, it picks up really well, ok some of it is due to the feel of the car but the speedo needle moves up very quickly. Now where near the mid range grunt of a VR though. Its a very dated car which i guessis the attraction, the grab handle on the B pillars, the very strange heating set up, very heavy steering and quartlight windows to name but a few just add to the character..

Over the next couple of days im planning on raising her up a bit, i want it low but its a bit too much for me at the moment, im going to give it a full service tomorrow and then its major cleaning time to see exactly what ive got so its all wheels off, bumpers off, arch trims off. The paintwork is very good but as we all know black doesnt hide a thing, a good polish will bring it up well but there are a few areas that will need some attention but nothing where rust has taken hold.

Theres a few defects to deal with, usual MFA, pathetic wiper motor, headlights not playing will keep me busy..

Ill put some more pictures up once its has the full treatment..

Nice one Michael! :clap: Looks like a great little car, i'm soooo jealous!! :tongue: I will own one eventually, maybe next year! I look forward to seeing some progress on it. If you want a bit of a polish up mate yours would make a nice drive for me when my car's 100% :lol:

I thought id throw up a progress report on the Mk1:

So, what have i been doing:

New suspension - Weitec GT coilovers, all set up to make it stand correctly.

Interior fully removed, dash wiring sorted, missing door internals sorted, carpets and seats shampood.

Radio fitted, speaker wiring sorted, dash redstriped.

VDO gauges installed (not finished yet).

Battery tray stripped back and repainted.

All arches have been off (front wings will be due a change).

Lighting defetcs all fixed, it was an absolute disgrace.

Full Service, coolant flush, thermostat fitted.

Front indicators changed to clears, German plates binned..

To come (soon)

full new fuel system as it leaks. Filler neck already done, all braided lines, new pump and accumulator coming up.

new rubber upfront, going narrower.

Bigger picture:

All suspension parts off for blast, coat, rear disc conversion.

Im enjoying this car greatly, ok i hardly drived it as the fuel leak has put a stop to that. Its easy to work on but age makes it fiddly as time takes its toll and hurrendous previous work needs put right..

Pictures:

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0967-1.jpg

DSCN0965.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0811.jpg