Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Finally the new Dub Project.... Another set of wheels!

I reckon it may be because you sat it next to a puny TDi with roller skate wheels on, rather than a phat lowered Goof, so thats cheating anyway :lol:

Well after thinking of selling then deciding it was a stupid idea and figuring I needed a new look I have some new rims...

I am getting adaptors made up, but will not have them for a couple of weeks, so did a quick trial of the wheels. Only had it resting on jacks and put the wheels roughly where I think they will sit. Will have to see. I am pleased, looks more OEM which I like....

Shame the car is soooo filthy! :)

P1010193.jpg

P1010191.jpg

P1010190.jpg

P1010192.jpg

Jay

Are they Maybach wheels Jay?! Think they look pretty extreme but seem to work! :)

Didn't think they'd work at first, but damn they're so phat, really go with the overall look of the car.

Jay, you've done it again!

Looks very fat that jay - lovin those rim's 8) bet they cost a mint???????? :) 8)

Mad wheels Jay... so Polished/Painted/goldplated? :lol:

Didn't fancy goung back down the Vette route then? ;)

Love 'em 8) i agree with the OEM look, ok so they are OEM on a maybach but i dont think thats the OEM he's going for as they look like an OEM style wheel as apposed to a wheel anyone could get and stick on any car (like the famous 301's gorgeous wheels but done to death). Good choice imo and i would leave them as they are personally, polished wouldnt look right imo and would take an age to polish up and painted i dont think would do them any justice either.

Is it going to need any arch work to have them sitting like that? Im guessing its going to atleast need the arches rolled? What width are they?

Now clean your car its filthy! :p :lol:

Maybach rims? Where the feck did you fond a set of them? Looks PHAT! Can't wait to see them fitted.

Maybach rims? Where the feck did you fond a set of them? Looks PHAT! Can't wait to see them fitted.

Im guessing he probably got them from america or germany etc, cant see them being easy to source in this country!!

The new rims are looking sweet...

Not that there was anything wrong with the old ones... :)

Spilts did look phat, but I do like the replacements.... diff from the norm...

Cheers all.

I did like the spilts as a wheel in their own right, but for me they just didn't "work" on the car, too delicate and fussy for a big old MK4 :)

I got them from the US and they were not that expensive, but the adaptors/tyres/centre caps etc.. add up :(

They are 8x19 and will tuck in OK, I will probably have to roll the front arches, but only as I want them out in the arch.

Jay

Fooking 'ell Jam-es, you're a nut nut :shock:

Looking good mate!

You breaking a Maybach then? You gonna squeeze the drinks cabinet into the Mk4? :lol: