Sign in to follow this  
m3evo

Polo Service

Know its not Corrado but its still VAG, No handbook to tell me how to remove the service spanner from the mileometer, does anybody know how to? Oh its a 02 1.0e model, Many thanks Dave.

Service interval display for vehicles 10.99 > Polo 6N2

Using trip recorder button (With the adjustment button -1- for trip recorder on dash panel insert)

The service interval display must be reset (adaptation) for

Delivery inspection

Each oil change service

Each inspection service

Note:

Each service must reset individually as only the distance recorder and time counter of the actual service displayed can be reset. Reset the display as follows:

Switch off ignition.

Press and hold button -1- under trip recorder.

Switch on ignition and press button -1- (min. 10 seconds) until three dashes appear on the display ( - - - ), or the next service due appears in the display. Only then is the service reset.

Release button -1-.

Switch off ignition.

The original single journey mileage will be displayed again after the service interval display has been reset.

Notes:

Note that only the actual display shown can be reset, to reset a further service due, repeat these steps.

Lupo 6X 99 my Service interval display: Resetting

Function

The service interval display electronics is comprised of, amongst other items:

a time recorder and two distance recorders. The electronics evaluates both recorders so that the customer is informed after a predetermined time period is exceeded or

or after a predetermined distance is reached via the service interval display that a service is required (according to whichever occurs first).

Service interval display

Between services, only the total distance and distance travelled (trip) is shown in the odometer display -2-.

If a service is due, the following appears in the trip recorder display -2- below the odometer reading:

With the ignition switched off: "service"

The type of service required will be displayed after switching on the ignition and for up to approx. three minutes after starting the engine. (Service table).

Note:

The display switches back to "service" when the engine has been running for 3 minutes.

Service table

Service type:

(display) Service:

Odometer

and

service OIL Oil change service every 15,000 km (approx. 10,000 miles)

or:

Odometer reading

and

service INSP Inspection service every 12 months or every 30,000 km (approx. 20,000 miles)

(whichever occurs first)

One or both service types must be reset depending on which service was completed, therefore:

If a "service OIL" (oil change service every 15,000 km) is carried out, only "service OIL" must be reset.

If a "service INSP" (inspection service every 12 months or every 30,000 km) is carried out with oil change, "service INSP" and "service OIL" must be reset.

If an "service INSP" (inspection service every 12 months or every 30,000 km (approx. 20,000 miles) is carried out without an oil change, only "service INSP" must be reset.

Reset the display as follows:

• Switch off ignition.

• Press and hold button -1- below the speedometer.

• Switch on ignition and press button -1- (min. 10 seconds) until three dashes appear on the display ( - - - ), or the next service due appears in the display. Only then is the service reset.

• Release button -1-.

• Switch off ignition.

The original single journey mileage will be displayed again after the service interval display has been reset.

Notes:

• Note that only the actual display shown can be reset.

• To reset a further service due, repeat these steps.

has anybody else seen the cheeky buggers on ebay selling this info...... it riles me no end, because in my mk4 golf's handbook it told you how to do it!!

I stay well clear of eBay, it is a breading ground for all types of illegal goings on, the time will come sooner or later when the powers that be will put a stop to it.

I stay well clear of eBay, it is a breading ground for all types of illegal goings on, the time will come sooner or later when the powers that be will put a stop to it.

Agreed 100% the sooner the better in my opinion.

ive been ripped off more times from adverts in yellow advertiser and vw mags but after 6 years and 1500 sales and purchases on ebay ive never lost any money but made loads, I suppose you have to have your wits about you but i firmly beleive in the feedback system its worked for me.