Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Just refurbed 'another' set of alloys....(bottom of page 2)

vthats excellent work mate!!! 8)

I have my set of speddies sat in the garage, looking sorry for themselves, I may have to spruce them up too :)

I was told by someone that refurbished my alloys that laquer wont stick to pollished wheels is this true or not?

be careful with lacquer htough as if you kerb the alloys at all... then water will get under it v quickly and they go minging...... especially this time of year!!!

those alloys came up a treat :thumbleft:

Damn thats good. I've got a few polishing wheels which i used on my drill when refurbing my TT comps. Makes it pretty easy to get a good shine, so might be worth a try.

good job neil

in answer to your question matt they dont stand up very well at all mate!

in winter i would expect you'd be out ever week prob 20mins a wheel with belgom alu!

TBH, mine are not lacquered and they've lasted about 2 months without a polish, after a good solid coating of Belgom. Having said that they're coming off for winter. Lacquered rims, look good but not as good as polished ones as you've done Neil, plus as mentioned, once the lacquer cracks (from kerbing on even just stone chips) you've got to strip it all back again and redo them. Just get some winter wheels.