CorradoDriver

Whats the worst thing youve done to ur corrado

Drove it into a traffic island, then a kerb, then a grass verge, then to top it all off a bollard. Spent £600-£700 to get it back on the road, then broke it.

Topped up the oil and went for a 10 mile 'spirited' drive.

Lost the locking wheel nut key - 8 hours of drilling, hammering an chisilling to the the buggers off!

Thats about it for this one, Touch wood!!

Lost the locking wheel nut key - 8 hours of drilling, hammering an chisilling to the the buggers off!

When i lost mine, I used a 16mm socket over the locking nut at a slight angle, and they came off. (For next time).

lowering one side of the valver 40mm and leaving the other side til 'next weekend' and consequently going around almost every corner starsky and hutch stylee

Priceless :lol:

When i lost mine, I used a 16mm socket over the locking nut at a slight angle, and they came off. (For next time).

No chance, These ones had a 'slip ring' around the outside so whatever you wack on there would just spin around!

Blood, sweat and tears that day I tell ya!! :lol:

I let my wife drive the NUgget once - never stops going on about how it would make sense if she used it for going to work in on a regular basis.

The wheel had destroyed the hub. Turns out they needed spiggot rings and longer bolts. Would love to name and shame!

So long as it's not me, name them! :lol:

It was you! You've had soooo many sets of wheels you probably wouldn't remember if you'd sold any to me or not :lol:

Would love to name the person, but better not!

The lad that had the car before me put 4 new tyres on it before the sale, resulting in the cheapest tyres known to man being on my Rado. Its understeered on roundabouts 3 times so far, and i lost the back end doing a very respectable 30 around a country lane, the kinda corner that can be taken at 50, but the back end decided it wanted to play silly buggers. Resulting in me being 2inches from some blokes hedge.

I used to smoke in my Rado, then i stopped for 2 months, so naturally the very first fag i had in it after 2 months was dropped onto the doorcard, leaving a nice burnt hole!

Lastly, i attempted to slowly open the water expansion tank to release the pressure, however the pressure was too much and the edge of the tank split, pouring water all over my alarm control box, effectively destroying it, excellent!

letting my dad neer my golf mk2, I dont let him touch my rado no no no, i just fix it myself thinkiing about what I am doing not to damage stuff , I have not broke anything yet , all that exp working on mk2 golfs :) , nothing pisses me off more than finding some one has been there before you and damgaged some parts not looking for a screw and just tearing it off, and finding that your car has no inner door seal inside the door and rain just flys into your carpet nice........ or putting crap tyers on like Skinnyman9000 found on his :(

Deluk

My backbox only went and completely split didn't it :oops: Right on a sunny saturday afternoon in the middle of town.

That reminds me. Not the C but a Golf I had previously...

My girlfriend went to a party (this was waaaay back when she was 17 and I was about 20) and the guy who's party it was was proper pestering her and trying it on and not letting her say no, so she rang me to pick her up. Was well fuming and needed a few people to keep me away from him when I got there.

On leaving, with the extra 2 people in the back (her and her mate) the car was too low and I ended up scraping the exhaust on a rock so hard the thing came undone from the downpipe... Cue massive noise from under the car and the exhaust trying to wedge itself into the dirt.

Had to leave the car sitting outside his house overnight until I could come back in the morning with tools to fix it.

Total loss of face, was sooooo p155ed off it was unreal... Can look back and laugh though... :roll:

overtook a hay lorry on a stretch of road only to find there were some funeral cars infront of it and I was running out of road before a corner. It all got a bit embarising as i ducked in the funeral procession.

Man did I feel silly.

PMSL nice one

I dont have a Corrado yet, I used to have a Gold GTi and now have a Polo 1.9CDL and the most embaressing thing I have ever done is crash the polo after taking my hey fever tablets.

Thumbs up though as I crashed into a German girl over here on work experiance and we have been going out ever since. :0)

Thumbs up though as I crashed into a German girl over here on work experiance and we have been going out ever since. :0)

:lol: 8)

Forgot to put back the oil cap after topping up the oil during a long journey home. When the smell came inside I was quite terrified.

After driving standard for just 5 days I took it into traffic and a dumb lady in front of me stopped suddenly when normal people wouldn't and I was distracted that very moment. Guess who needs a new front end? Ironically she just had a few scuffs and was kind enough not to make a claim...mine however was to the point where the rad was leaking and firemen came.

let my missus drive it to the shop, came back with both drivers side alloys superbly curb'd :mad:

Must be a girl thing, 'cos though I can park it like a pro now, holy shit my alloys are knackered. Plus I have really high kerbs on my road. No really. Alloy destroyers, I tell thee..

Cleaning my car one day and decided to clean the bay up abit. Never open your bonnet with the wipers still up!! Takes two nice strips of paint off :(

Cleaning my car one day and decided to clean the bay up abit. Never open your bonnet with the wipers still up!! Takes two nice strips of paint off :(

I think I've done that at some point with virtually every car I've owned!! :oops: :lol:

Sorted all the suspension components out, replaced everything. Took it to local garage for MOT, chatted to the guys there about what I'd done, they were very impressed. Left saying it'll definitely pass, based on what you've said... come back in the afternoon.... failed, due to BOTH front wheels LOOSE.. I'd forgotten to tighten them back up. D'oh! Very embarrassing...

Not a Corrado and not my fault but had a problem with the suspension on my Mk2 Golf. after a night in the garage i drove off. Got about 5 metres and it felt like i fell through the road. Got out and my arch was on the wheel. Mechanic said, 'o dear, your suspensions just collapsed'.

Peed of me takes a look, turns out he didnt even attempt to tighten the wheel bolts. Must have been in by one thread! None of my cars have ever seen the inside of his garage again!!

Edited by yacobwood
duplicate

1. Once when i was working on the car I tried to remove the starter motor. Spent the hole day removing the alternator instead... I have no idea why i thought the alternator was the starter motor but i didn't twig until I was about 30miles away at my flat looking at a alternator on my dinning room table.

2. Drove the car without tightening up my front engine mount bolt... Was wondering what that slamming noise was, the engine jumping up and down in the engine bay!

3. Driving along a very dark road at night and at speed... lights not uprated so was trying to drive by candle light. drove along and saw a turning to the right.... turned out to be a farm track and the actual road went away to the left... hit the track at 60mph in the pitch dark!!! Lukily nothing serious happened! I bought my up-rated loom a month later though! :lol:

4. Tying to solder the sunroof arm to the mech after it broke (don't ask...), ended up soldering a screwdriver to the mech instead... I decided to get a new mech after that!

I once was backing my vespa out of the garage and 'bump' into the rados rear quarter with the storage box.......oh my bloody dear god :censored:

I got so annoyed I hastly put the vaspa on its stand to investigate the damage to the C, only to turn around and find the Vespa on the floor - in my haist I didnt put it on its stand correctly and it ended up falling on its side with some 'lovely' fresh scratches......on my bloody bloody dear god :censored::brickwall:

how to trash your vehicles in one fell swoop !!