Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Oh dear GTE!!

see the big empty water bottle behind the drivers seat ! always be suspicious of cars carrying lots of water and it looks like a shed :-)

any mods to declare ? - yes my car looks a tw@t :-)

looks like one of the worst cases of serious willie waving i've ever seen- reminds me of the '70's when it was "cool" to run loud massive sidepipe exhausts.

1 of those upswept pipes looks bad/sad enough but 4 is truly tragic :lol:

I would have had a mk1 just for looks
The Mk1 was good but they were nearly all rusty by the time the MK2's came out. Good old Vauxhall build quaily :roll:

i liked the mk1 but mk2 was a better car as VR6 South, says , good strong engines , must be classics soon as are the mk1 rs turbo's

The eight valvers were better as they had more torque. Mine was good for 130+ with three passengers (on a private road and a few years ago when I was less responsible :lol:). One of the passengers was so impressed he brought it from me the next week.

I had a restored to factory look A reg mk1 bout 4yrs back. They looked really cool (and still do) but rusted like fook man haha!!! I even blessed it with a personal plate A3 GTE. I've just chucked this plate on my C for no reason i can fathom.

But that Ebay monstrosity is goddam AWFUL. I flogged my mk1 for a grand. Why wasn't i aware of Ebay 4yrs ago lol!!!!!!!

I had a completely standard G-reg white GTE 16v in 1995, with 40k on the clock. It was made of paper but by God it went well, and it was surprisingly economical. It would get to an indicated 145mph and was accelerating so hard at 120mph that the speedo was still counting in 2's. Incredible engine linked to some fairly scary handling! I sold it after a year to make way for my second Mk2 GTI. It was the last non-VW car I owned.

i like this quote

IT HAS A EVIL LOOKING SEXY BODY KIT ON IT AND A FULL S.S EXHAUST SYSTEM WHICH COST £2000.

what a wast of money :lol:

That's horrible. What's with the messy interior too, You'd think if he really liked the car he'd keep it tidy! Makes me think it's just for "looking cool" from the outside :roll:

I'm not a fan of these cars tbh, just don't like 'em, but I remember when I worked at the local Lotus garage washing cars as a kid, one of the mechanics (known as "pikey mikey") has a seriously mad GTE. I remember he took me out in it to get the burgers in, scared the bejesus out of me how quick it was!

130+ mph, and as I don't condone it whatsoever, I'll admit it was on a public dual carriageway, I was bricking it. Quick cars.

Look at the 3rd picture..............

looks like he left a 16v inlet mani on the bonnet when he sprayed it by accident lol!

Hmm, i dont think iv ever scene anything quite like that on 4 wheels!

It looks like he coverd it in super glue and ram raided motor mania (cheep crap version of halfords)

and, i count 3 air intakes, one on the roof! I doubt the engine would need that much air if it was doing 300 mph, and if that was possible, they would have blew off at about 200. What, he diddnt put them on because he thought they looked good did he?

Oh well, each to his own i suppose. Silly lad