Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Storm

Rear lights - green indicator bulbs?

I have just bought a set of red rear light clusters and was told that fitting green bulbs to the indicators will give a proper orange flash. Anyone tried this? Anyone know where I can get some?

You will probably find it difficult to find green automotive bulbs, i can't imagine there is a lot of demand for them. You can buy green paint for the bulbs which is easier to get hold of. Most craft shops or halfords and the like will sell it.

if ya cant find any local to you?? midland vw sell them. i can get some if ya like?? but i wont be going there till next friday the 16th.

karl

This sounds VERY familiar .. take a look at the search, we've discussed this recently. Think the thread title you want is "bulb condoms"!!!!!

found them a few months ago over here in a shop for motor scooter

for about 2 euro

338.127.jpg

but im actually searching for green flashing LED´s with socket for rear

blinker!!

Saw the thread about blub condoms but on the dashlights web site they only sell the covers up to 10mm wide which won't fit over an indicator bulb

found them a few months ago over here in a shop for motor scooter

for about 2 euro

Any chance you could pick up some for me? Or maybe start a GB for them?

I've used the rear tinting film on mine and the lights shine totally red. Not been stopped yet, but has the green paint worked for anyone yet? If not what about those led indicators someone posted up? Cheers.

Miner are tinted with film,and green bulbs didnt change a thing.The orange led bulbs worked perfectly.

Although you may get fast flashing which you can sort either with another inline bulb :oops: or a resister...not sure on spec.

Neil. :)

where did you buy that led bulb ?? GREEN also available there?

btw, you can use a different relay for those leds to flash normal.

i already bought it but searched for a green led bulb ....

Riley, ? Is that what you have used? If so could you send me some more info? Thanks mate.

Riley, have you been able to get that info on the bulb suppliers mate? Dont mean to get after you, its just that i dont want the fuzz stopping me unnecessarily. Cheers

I reckon those 3W white ones would be better.

The problem is the yellow dimness of the filament bulbs. Massively brighter white LEDs would cure the problem as more of the orange plastic will project through than normal.

Aye,they do im afraid m8 :(

Although if you have a spare bulb holder you can fit that inline until you find resisters... :)

Has anyone actually thought about sending a petition to Hella, Inpro etc to produce all red rear lamps?

They would sell like hot cakes if someone started manufacturing them!

mark, the amber LEDs defintaly work..

if you go to the top of the gloucester road and keep going unitl you get to the texaco there is a shop just before the petrol station that sells them...really not far from my house!! message me if you need better directions!! (glad u finally found some new lights! :lol:)

Cheers Steve, I'll give them a try at the weekend.

The theory behind adding in a resistor is pretty simple, and you should be able to pick up resistors from Maplins or somewhere like that. Has anyone tried this?

Working it out is simple: Measure the resistance of the standard bulb and buy a resistor of that value (one for each side!!!). Job done! :lol: