Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

LEATHER SEATS!

ok guys..which seats go straight into the corrado without fiddling about changing sub frames?

how about GOLF MK2 leather seats?

Passat leather seats?

I think that late Scirocco seats may be close, but that's about it. Golf (and most other VW) seats will go straight in, but will sit too high... AFAIK the 'rado seats had the lowest sub frames of any of the VW range to give that lovely seating position...

Anyone out there know otherwise?

i don't wanna lose the seat positioning...so i'll just have to wait till a VR6 rado has a full interior goin in a few months hopefully.

i wonder if the subframe re-welding is a hard job cos i could get Golf mk2 leather seats cheaply...i think.

There are a few VW breakers about who break rado's in PVW magazine, most peeps say its just being in the right place at the right time :)

I'm quite lucky cause I bought my car wiht full cream Storm interior. Don't give up the search, there is always interior going around. If you can afford a retrim though, go for it. 8) Good luck in finding some mate.

ive done one of the breakers yards parts locator forms,so when they get corrado vr6 leather seats in they will let me know,that was over 6 months ago :(

hmm..well last month i saw 2 sets of corrado black leathers goin! and i was also told a guy was offered some just before TRAX when he bought his aqua blue 16valver...in grey though for £250!

now theres a set of passat leathers for £250 on PVW! i think ya just need to know when and where the c's are goin!

There was a guy last week here in northants that bought his blue 16v 2yrs ago for £2500...and had it HPI'ed first. came up fine.

Then he decided to sell it last week and the person interested did a check on it and came up 'written off in 1990'...

it had grey leather interior and only had offside wing damage! alloys, scorpion zorst...and other goodies..

he sold it to a breakers for £700!!!!

unbelievable!

the reason i started the post is cos i just keep seein pics of c's with the leather and they look so nice, and cos i aint driving mine for a few weeks i keep thinkin its ok to strip it out and leather it before i drive it.

oh well...i aint really planning on an interior swap till its a bit warmer! :cry:

anyone know what bits off the passat will fit the corrado..which are worth having?? or any other vw's for that matter...like a cupholder? arm rest? maybe a light up mirror for the drivers sun blind!?

Cupholder from a Passat will fit, there's a thread somewhere with part numbers for each colour too :shock:

If you really want a light up mirror on the driver's sun blind, get one off a LHD scrapper 'rado! :lol:

Passat's also had a nice little sun visor above the rear view mirror which will fit a 'rado, I guess that's if you can find one...

Passat Moon roofs are very popular (I'm trying to find one and not having much luck at the moment... :? )

Passat mud flaps also fit and are still available from the stealers... 8)

Would seats on Scirocco frames be low enough inside a Rado?...

I have a pair of full black leather Cossie Recaros on Scirocco frames in my Mk2 Golf that will be for sale soon - they will drop stright into a Corrado but I'm not sure if they're the same height or not?.... :( :? 8)

Leather seats are cold in the winter I can tell you...

Yeah they're heated, but that initial few minutes before the heating really kicks in is a killer....

i've been driving my mums rocco and it still doesnt seem as low as the corrado seats!

I think its cos the centre console in my corrado is a bit more higher up so i feel lower down.

aren't cossie leathers a bit wider dalj? oh by the way...does your bro know anything about uploading pics??? he sent me a txt askin if he can upload pics straight from a disk using a link fromt he disk drive.

First things first...i'll find a few passats breaking! then i'll ave a look for a cup holder, centre sun blind...and the light up mirror from a corrado, either a left hooker or i'll take one off a RHD and mod it.

whats a moon roof??? :oops:

Im sure you can get porsche 911 leather seats in, but not sure what year.

Someone in this forum has em fitted.

D

There's a full cream leather Rado trim on PVW classifieds at the moment... 8)

I saw em, just havent got enough£££££££ :roll: