Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Another one bites the dust... - Sod the cost, i need a rado.

Well i'm sorry to say another corrado was claimed on the roads today, its being picked up by my insurance company tomorrow to be assessed but i think its safe to say its quite obviously a write off :(

I was stationary at a junction waiting to turn into a side road in a 40mph limit, heard an awful screeching noise getting louder and knew what was coming. Judging from the skid marks and how hard he still hit me, he must have been traveling well over the limit.

2007_0507carshunt0006.jpg

Theres quite a large crease in the rear quarter too.

2007_0507carshunt0003.jpg

The force of the impact popped my radio out, and even sent the trim around the sunroof backwards a couple of inches!

2007_0507carshunt0007.jpg

The drivers door also seems to have dropped about an inch

2007_0507carshunt0016.jpg

The skidmarks leading up to where he hit me are pretty lengthy

2007_0507carshunt0018.jpg

2007_0507carshunt0011.jpg

I got all the details i needed and just have to wait and see what happens. I'm absolutely devastated to see my pride and joy in such a state :cry:

Another careless driver wipes out an enthusiasts pride and joy. Heard of so many getting wrecked in the last few weeks.. its a real shame :(

I think its safe to say that is a write off. It looks quite badly bent :(

Start hunting around for adverts for good condition examples mate as the insurance company will offer you peanuts for it!

Absloute Frickin' Retard! Did you not tell him that his carelessness has probably written off your car!

Proper gutted for you! Looked a lovely car!

Nooooo! Tha't awful. Absolutely gutted for you :( That's Minchinhampton common, isn't it? Always thought that was a dodgy junction. I always go across there on my way to Blake Services- I'll be extra careful now.

Even if they write it off (which I'm sure they will), could well be worth buying back of the insurance company and breaking it. It's got decent wheels, interior, engine etc. I presume the front end's OK?

Yeah the interior is in very good condition, wheels are too and with brand new pzero nero's on the front. All the electrics work, or rather did... not sure if the sunroof will still tilt and slide. The only problem is i wouldn't know where to start when it comes to breaking the car for parts, and wouldn't have anywhere to do it. Just don't know what to do now.

That's some very sucky news :(

Sadly, that's definitely a write-off as the chassis is bent - I don't think the sunroof will work again either as it's probably bent.

Glad to hear you walked away fine though - goes to show how well made the old girls are :)

As Jim says - start collecting some adverts of similar cars to prove how much it's worth and be prepared to fight the insurance company for a decent pay out.

such a nightmare i dread this happening if you were closer i`d say you could put it on my drive to break it

i hope this never happens to me i will be devestated. when i was a mini man and some1 went straight into the back of me and that hurt, if it happend to my rado now .....

You must be totally devastated. Keep your chin up, at least you are ok.

I might be able to arrange some where for you to break it. Have a friend whose parents live near Thornbury and have a lot of land and outbuildings - I'll give him a call later and see if there is room.

Vaughan

man thats harsh news :(

i really paranoid about someone crashing into the back of me, i'd be soooo angry :(

you must be gutted

Bad news, looks like it must have been hit fairly hard judging by the damage..

Main thing is that your ok but i know id be devastated..

Absloute Frickin' Retard! Did you not tell him that his carelessness has probably written off your car!

Proper gutted for you! Looked a lovely car!

Damn what's happening.. is it Ram a Rado season? Grimmy what hit you?

Glad you're ok, but I would have called the Plod... definate Driving without Due Care & Attention, also skid marks will give an indication of speed... Looks like he was really tanking it before locking up!

Best of luck sorting insurance out and hope you get another one soon...

Cheers guys, i am totally devastated and after checking in with the doctor today he said i have severe whiplash which is going to get worse over the next few days :(

It was a vauxhal estate van of some description, probably an astra that hit me, and yeah he was tanking it! A witness said he must have still be going about 30 when he hit!!

I do want to get another one soon, but i'm not sure i'll be able to afford it as i spent every spare penny i earned on that car, and won't get much in the way of an insurance payout i shouldn't think.

Just have to wait and see.

:( have had exactly the same "whats that screeching noise" and slow-mo view in the rear mirror but thankfully not in my C. guess you just have to put it down to experience and hope thats your "bad one" out of the way now...

all the best anyway..

So very sorry to hear of your accident.

Dr is right about it getting worse in the next few days. I was in a BIG rear shunt years back and ended up with 2 weeks off work as everything seized up, neck, shoulder, back.

Get plenty of pain killers, DVDs and books in.

And don't forget to sue for personal injury but I'm sure your insurers will have that started for you.

Sorry to hear the news of another. Mine was hit a couple of weeks ago. Still getting a bit of stiffness from the whiplash, hope yours is not to bad. If you havent already get your insurers to put you in contact with an independant solicitor to sort out a personal injury claim.

Uh-oh.. here come the "ambulance chasers"! :lol:

Ironic but you'll probably get as much for the whiplash as you will for the car! So maybe there's light (corrado lights... very dim.. :lol: at the end of the tunnel!

........ I don't think the sunroof will work again either .........

That's a pretty fair bet, write-off or not!

really sorry for you dude , remember whiplash is vary serious indeed and you WILL require COMPENSATION so do what the doc says

Worst luck mate. Hope the whiplash isnt too bad, I was hit from behind once, stationary at a zebra crossing when an un-insured driver hit me, literally bent the car in the middle, but I think thats what saved me any real pain, crumple zones, however it was a Nova :oops: ( I was 17!!) so sh*t build quality is probably a better discription!! Anyway, rest up for the next few days.