Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Cup holders fitted and working

Hi guys. I am taking out my dash this week to change it for a black one and replace the heater matrix,

Was wondering if anyone has tried to fit one of these into the center console?

Clicky

Anyone?

Was thinking about trying to drop the stereo down a bit and fit it in above, Might take a bit of dremeling but who knows :oops:

Looks like I couldnet move it down a bit. Any one relocated the stereo to the cubby hole?

I have a dash blank that I might be able to mod to then fit the cup holder where the stereo is?

This upgrade kit fit on all Golf MK4 / Jetta - Bora MK4 (1997-2005) and give your car an unmistakably authentic european race appearance

:lol: supprised the seller didnt mention the MPG improvment and the extra BHP this mod supplies!

Wasnt planning on buying it off the bay. That would have put me off alone. I much prefer to rumage round breakers yards..

Go for a cup holder from a '95 passat. It fits by the centre console via two screws and is available in the exact same surface finish as a black interior-ed corrado.

Happy modding mate hope it turns out well!

An dont forget to post the pics when its done!

Dan

Go for a cup holder from a '95 passat. It fits by the centre console via two screws and is available in the exact same surface finish as a black interior-ed corrado.

Yep Passat cup holder has been done:

http://www.corradocentral.com/cupholder.htm

Although like the idea of a push activated one from a modern car being incorporated into the dash. Might be hard to get looking OEM though :?

well I am off monday so am going to the scrappys. Will gt a selection and see what I can do.

The one out of the polo9n / mk 4 goof is really thin just need to see if I can get them in.

Has anyone relocated the head unit to the cubby hole?

seen h/u put to ashtray position for fitting gauges think cubby hole would be too narrow?

does the passat cup holder (if still available) comes in grey??

Part #`s??

Thinking about it. That would be a good idea.

Headunit to ashtray. Givin up soon what with te ban and everything. Plus will give me about 30 notes a week more to spend on the raddo.

Move the lighter to the back of the cubby hole..........

Mmmmmmmmhhhhh.

Cant wait to give this a go. Anyone got a spare center consol for when I feck up this one..

For the '95 passat cup holder the part number is a bit wierd, it's: 3A1862531, not sure if it's availble in grey though but if you ring up your local stealers and ask i'm sure they'll be very helpful lol.

If they can't find here's how to:

On ETKA go to: Passat > '95 > body > bracket for warning triangle/net partition/cup holder

I've got one of the passat cup holders in mine. quality item. useful for long journeys when the girlfriend isnt there to hold your food and cups for you ;)

Been doing a bit more research into this and have decieded that I am going to move the stereo like the picture below.

Then using a vw dash blank that I have that is single din size will try and plastic weld it in then mod it to fit a Mk4 golf cupholder into. Should be able to get it quite oem looking as long as I can find one at the scrappys in black.

I've got one of those that I'm hoping to fit soon, moving the stereo down and placing the cupholder in the old stereo slot

Exactly what I am going to try. When you hold it flat as it would sit in the c dash do the holders come out straight as I know that they come out flat in the polo and the dash where it is fitted is curved. So was worried that they might droop a little bit :oops:

Difficult to say until its fitted, if it does tilt I can't see it being too much, worse case scenario is having to take a healthy slurp of drink before sticking it in the holder.

Glad the bumpers OK, my beter half has still not forgiven me for going back to the OE front bumper but in Ngget Yellow it made the front like too "heavy", much better in darker colours

will stick a picture in my gallery in a mo...

I actually really like it. Think it suits a black c really well..

hey guys, ive been lookin into fitting some cup holdin tray too, went to th scrapy and picked up two examples one from a rover but the best is from a mitsubishi lancer! it wil fit like a dream. I may try to move the ash tray down and have it above it. Its about 2cm deep! i'l upload a pic from my phone later if anyone is interested or check ebay for lancer cup holder cos there is one on there for £15 at the mo.. i paid £5 for two and a polo heater control unit! :)

All fitted, here you go guys.

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Got them put in this afternoon.

Much fun with the dremell to get it to fit but no problem, works and everything. Could hve been done a bit neater and I will take it out when I have time. The only thing that isnt too great is the gap between the heater panal and the stereo. Will have to get something to neaten it up. But functional and will save my bits from scorching coffee..........

I like that, looks rather swish.

Would have been possible to leave the stereo in its original spot and put the cut holders where the stereo is now? Or would that not have worked due to the curvature of the surround?