Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Cup holders fitted and working

You could do but I think it would of been really tight. As it is I have to get out at some point and make the surround for the stereo fit properly as it isnt quiteon.

Also I think you would find it a bit of a pain in the butt changing gears........

Also I think you would find it a bit of a pain in the butt changing gears........

Ah yes, ive just looked at the last picture again, good call!

Not to mention the stupidly little cubby hole is useful for bugger all :lol:

Mind you I can just about fit the really usefull remote for the stereo in it :oops:

just make sure you dont turn your fans on to hot air when you have a cold refreshing drink in one of the the holders ;)

just make sure you dont turn your fans on to hot air when you have a cold refreshing drink in one of the the holders ;)

Not a problem my heater matrix is fubar :lol:

Mind you when its fixed could keep coffee hot.............

Its all in the design :oops:

i had a similar problem with the gap above the stereo when i relocated mine, i filled the gap by getting another heater control panel and carefully removed the thin plastic strip from the top of it and plastic welded it to the bottom of my heater panel, looks original then.

Well done Timg60 - going to be doing mine this week, managed to get hold of a new centre console so your success gives me hope. Also managed to get hold of another cupholder set up that is a cupholded with slide out cubby hole, its DIN sized and came from a Lupo, will try both and see what works best

I was looking for one with the cubby hole as well but could only find the double cup holder. Think that might be more useful than another place for me to store crap though :lol:

Will have to try and get another heater panal as well so I can neaten it up now then will be just about ready to pull it all out agin to change the heater matrix......... :oops:

I found the trick was patience and a steady hand with the dremell. Just got to fit the 12v outlet that should turn up tommorow in the cubby hole so I can still charge my phone.

Yes, The barrel gave up and I fitted a push button instead. Not to keen on it where it is but am going to move it to the left hand side of the steering wheel cowling.

Has any one bought one of the passat cup holders recently ? Just want to know if they are still available. Am i right in thinking they are from a B4 passat?