Sign in to follow this  
Jonesmark12

Nugget 'Rado

Hey guys!

New on the forum - but fitting since this is my new toy!

After selling my rag top i bought this for myself. Really odd - i can remember back in the day sitting in a VR'd Storm in the Stevenage forecourt as my mum was buying her mk2 gti and i fell in love with this car. Have always wanted one - and now i do! except its yellow! and its a 16v! Was really scared at first because of the colour - looked at a couple of others after this one - but this nugget did more than all the other C's i checked!!

Just finished a Megs 3 stage polish - taken just over a day! (Ste car was really dirty!! :oops: ) Has really helped to bring out the shine. Although it does help highlight some bits i want doing at the bodyshop.

Steve (Alltech) sorry i didnt make it down to bluewater for you guys could help me out - but will try and see you guys at the garage before the end of the month.

Not going to go too crazy on her, just super proud owning her! Great to drive compared to my old 8v carb! And i'm totally addicted to watching the spoiler raising (although it is a tell tale sign for speeding to people in the know!)

Amongst all the history it shows that the electric recaros were an option ordered on delivery - and they are gorgeous! - although i wanted to get new buttons all round as the toggles are wearing a bit - vw - £42 EACH! :o

Overall great motor - Pics hopefully show this - also there is a sneak preview to the new wheels which should be arriving this week. Bora_boy cheers for holding them for me.

Will keep people updated - let me know on ideas or thoughts!

Cheers, Mark

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

26042007069.jpg

lookin smart,i could do we new buttons for my recaros as well,was that the price @ the dealers then?

nice plate as well,mines J296 AUG 8)

****edit just noticed u got a bit of side trim missing from the drivers wing mate

yea i've followed your car on e38 for a while now! mint! i'm guessing the cars were on the same delivery lorry?! :roll:

Price for buttons was at the dealers - although i was given a little tip from them which i havent checked yet. Apparently the buttons have a very simular coding except for the last letters as a passat electric sunroof? anyone shine some light?!

I know about the side trim - was going to take them all off - but will wait for body shop!

i was eyein up the electric window switches to try as well :lol:,sure i got a spare bit of trim somewhere if so i'll give u a shout u can have it mate

We wanted this!! Sadly didnt get the money together in time...

Glad its been bought and is being looked after rather than broken...

Can't beat a nice nugget... :)

Nice looking car but the only criticism is that the car looks like it doesn't have any wheels, I think the wheels play a huge part in a cars appearance and need to be seen, just my opinion of course.

Scarlett - thankyou for not buying her! i love her - and the 3 stage polish has really boosted the colour!! (3xpaint renovator, 3xpolish, 3xwax!!)

Andy - yours was one of the reasons which gave me the final push to buy her! you dont see any around in this colour!

Greeny - top man! on e38 i'm still BelgoCab, can contact me through either forums! I'm going to give the window switch idea a go. i've been sat at my computer copying the etching graphics from the seat buttons. may print out onto water sticker paper tomorrow at my work studio and see if i could put that on the window button. will keep the oe look!

Was this one for sale on E38???? Bargain price IMO as the Recaro's must be worth £500 on their own :)

As Andy said Earlier, Always good to see some more Nugget Yellow C's!!!!

Just need to see more at some shows! I bet If Andy isn't at Inters on the Sunday I'll have the Only Nugget Yellow C on the Club Stand :cry:

Nice looking car but the only criticism is that the car looks like it doesn't have any wheels, I think the wheels play a huge part in a cars appearance and need to be seen, just my opinion of course.

Nahhh Man :) Dark wheels on Yella cars look ace 8)

I won't be there Steve, will be tanking it down to Italy

Italy????? Ahh Well! All alone again :(

Steve i'm up for that - used to have my cabby on the mk1 owners stand - so need a new stand to sit at!! Tell me how - and i'll be there! do i need to be a paid member or just normal?

It is the same rado from e38 classifieds! :silly:

also - yes the wheels are black - but the final piccy does show what are to come! May try and get them fitted before the end of the week!

Have to Join CCGB and then Cough up £14 for advance inters tickets, If you PM tempest He'll be able to sort you out the details, You may even be able to join on the day?????

Hey Mark, good to see you made here at last....

Like I said on E38...you really need to swop out those unconfortable Recaros ;)

Enjoy the car and get that rimmage on NOW!

See you on teh 30th... I'll have to get the Rado back on the road now...

Hi Mark!

are you following me? i dunno....buying a very similar car (but nicer seats and black wheels), ringing me up, now you are here too.... :wink: :lol:

only kiddin buddy, cars looking good, look forward to seeing it with those wheels on and at some shows! 8)

Right, the main thing is... the wheels are on!! but what a mad weekend!!

Put the wheels on, on Friday before going Dubs in Pub. My jack snapped in half whilst removing the first wheel, not good...

Borrowed a jack and successfully got all four wheels on! Looked great - got onto A1 for 6.15.

7pm - rear end goes madly out of control and pushes me towards the central reservation - not good....

pulled over to hard shoulder, drivers rear had a blowout.

realised i dont have a jack for the first time in my life, and the first time i've ever needed to change a wheel! - not good....

AA return (after 1 hour or so)

I'm told to get out the spare wheel whilst he's jacking the car, pass it over to him, only to find its a 5 stud spare on a 4 stud hub - bloody useless!!!

I had no choice but to wait for the lowest flat bed trailer before taking me home!

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

THERE'S MORE!

Saturday morning i worked like mad finding the same tyre, The online tyre company i went through sent them to a local garage by my office to fit. They ended up giving me wheels with loose valves and badly - badly balanced tyres.

Went to R-tec - who i now think are great - had the Kuhmo, and were able to sort all wheels valves and balancing. Online company are now in the process of apologizing to me and paying out. I dont want to go too indepth, because i'm not stressed about it anymore!

most important thing is, the car now rides great and i love the look of my new wheels! show was quiet but for a first attempt still good fun - God i want a beach buggy!

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

Comments as always!

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Jesus dude, you had a spot of bad luck there didn't you? :shock: Glad it's sorted, and fair play your Corrado looks stunning. Those wheels are :afro: What make are they?

Hey Mark, really bad luck! Do you think the blow out was caused by the shoddy inital fitting? (Stick up the name of the garage so we can avoid them).

Looking forward to seeintg these in the metal as photos don't seem to do them justice (from the thred I read about them on Ed38!)

Glad to see you managed to get everything sorted, was going to try and make it up Sunday but Sat was a mad one and just needed to chill...

Did you get anymore photos of teh rest of the show or was there just you in a field? ;)

hey just thought i'd have a perv at the ill fated wheels, i really hope they get them sorted cos they look awesome! :( o and after following you on friday and listening to other people sugesting getting a non-vr rado to run everyday i've been trying to find a yellow one all week... b*stard :lol:

HeHe! cheers Andy! i'm in the process of sorting out the body bits. a private sprayer is having a tinker this weekend. As for the wheels, i have no idea when they'll be done ! before ed38 hopefully, cos with the sun out the car looks fab with the oz's! plus it keeps prying eyes off the body work! - Got to keep up with your standards afteral!!

Theres a chap on ebay selling a Lambo yellow 1.8 valver. was thinking of that colour myself at first, but the Nugget is too rare. think its going for sensible money too.

hmm that yellow one on ebay, i've been watching but the story doesnt seem too apealing, not run for a years ok but its had a 2k respray yet the front bumper looks to have runs and cracks in it and he took the pics in the wet? tbh i'm not sure with moving house in a month or so i'll have the space now i think i'm gonna get my gti back on the road as i can get 40mpg in that!)

my standards? :oops: its stonechipped to hell at the front! luckily the metallic black shines well in the sun!

is the wheel guy being cooporative or has he not contacted you? :(

Theres a chap on ebay selling a Lambo yellow 1.8 valver. was thinking of that colour myself at first, but the Nugget is too rare. think its going for sensible money too.

Must be a respray then as they only ever made Nugget Yellow Corrado's! (D'oh Just Seen the Ad..sorry 8) )

BTW nice looking C! Need to slam it some more on the little rims though.....like this:

DSC01318_edited-1.jpg

:D

Have you looked at the engine bay pic on the Ebay Ad????? The motor is running a Cone Filter and the inlet etc.......looks very much like a 2.0 16V ABF lump??????????? Could be a bonus for the £500 it's up for at the mo!

Doubt it'll go for the £510 as there's a reserve... Car's just outside Huddersfield so maybe worth asking a "Local" to go look.

It's a J plater so maybe would have come with 2.0 ABV (as mine is) but does state replacement engine.. so maybe an upgrade.. does look like an ABV (But without the metering head?) also earlier black interior as well?

Back on topic... Mark we need to get on and do something special with the Seibrings if the "Special" wheels aren't going to make it back for ED... ;)

The special wheels might be going back on! - getting the engineers report, but wheel seem to be 100% fine now. should be rebuilt within the week. although i really want 9"s on the back now!!

Car is getting quoted for body work this afternoon. the sprayer is really keen on starting next week, which is great, but as Jon knows, i'm moving, so money will be tight! see if he can hold on to my kidney until next month as a down payment?!

Planning on removal of door stips, smooth the tow eye. sort out the dodgey colour door and manky front bumper!! quick vote on what i should do with the front bumper. keeping the fogs and indicators where they are. do i fill the number plate recess or keep it?

I like both!

Engine wise i have a plan, and it looks very simular to yours Steve! - fun for the winter i guess!!