Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Best VR6 Induction Kit?

What do people reckon the best induction kit is for the VR6, taking account of the criteria of sound, quality, fit and power increase (though I'm assuming this will be negligible). I'm basically looking for something that would compliment a magnex cat-back system sound-wise. Something that lets people know you've arrived without being overly boomy and Nova-like :lol:

I think Ram Air filter is the best for performance and value..about 100.00 fitted by The Phirm, i wish id gone for one instead of the BMC Carbon air box.

BMC CDA 8) A Carbonio system should also be good as it's located out of the engine bay behind the front bumper.

An open cone type filter (K&N etc) in the engine bay is absolutely pointless, and will probably lose power if anything. May also contribute to MAF failure due to the oil.

CDA with the intake in the wing as mentioned above. Sounds good. Bit chavvy if we're honest, but I quite like that. I don't really do subtle :)

The BMC CDA does seem the best bet for performance, but what is the sound like? The reason I ask is because a mate has a saxo vts with one on and it barely makes any difference in sound from the stock air intake. I would be disappointed paying out all that £ for no audible result!

You won't be dissapointed mate! It sounds cool as a cucumber. Nice and loud over 4000 or so revs/on fully open throttle, not too loud when crusing.

Just had a look on BMC website and on Venom for prices but there is no CDA listed for the Corrado. I'm guessing the one you guys have used is the CDA that fits the 2.8 VR6 Golf?

It's the golf one you need, but I would buy it from Stealth and tell Vince it's for a Corrado. I bought mine from Venom but then had to get the Silicon hose to attach to the MAF from Stealth at a cost of £25!! I think it works out cheaper to get it all from the same place & Stealth was the only place I could get some silicon hosing in the end.

BMC again here, sounds great...

Ive got mine without teh cold air feed at the moment and im more than happy..

sounds like you've already made a decision but another vote for the BMC... also currently without the cold air feed. I'm really quite chuffed with it. My only problem is that my mpg has gone down - I can't resist getting the revs up to hear it do it's stuff... :D

Naughty, naughty Scarlet :lol:

:oops: sorry Bill! I do at least wait for the engine to warm up a bit first... but it does sound so good! :mrgreen:

I have a carbonio and LOVE it, very esay to fit and as said the filter is down inside the wing so stays nice and cool.

my vote goes for the BMC CDA as well, seems to let the engine breathe a bit better plus adds to the VR growl! :)

Yeah well happy with the BMC now it's on, sounds great at around 3000rpm then when it gets to about 4500/5000 it's like being in a spitfire with the windows down! :D :D :D

Glad you like it, its a cracking piece of kit in that unless you rev it hard you wouldnt know its there, id hate my car to shout and scream at me when im tootling about....

Yep it's a great balance. Did a 120 mile trip up the motorway today and it sounded just like standard when cruising, but as soon as I got on the A-roads... :D

The BMC gets my vote too. The noise is great when you are giving it some, yet nice and quiet during normal driving.