Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Aaaargh! So ANGRY, Ive just driven into the back of someone

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lights go green, We all move off and the car 2 infront slams on its brakes. I slam into the back of a big Sh1troen. No damage to him but Ive done in the off side wing and smashed the headlight. Not sure what else but the slam pannel looks safe.

Ah Bog-locks.. bummer matey but at least it's not got too far into the front, and looks like bolt-ons... Trying for a silver lining here..

Why do people do that at traffic lights... ooh green light that means I can go... oh hang on there's some-one driving up to the other set I best just do an emergency stop just in case...

Hope you can get this sorted soon...

That's just poop Rog. :(

You can still get late headlights so this is no drama, wings are easy to get hold of second hand just the cash to find for a bit of paint.

Cheers guys.

Im going to have a word with the people at work. See if there is anything they can do. and have a natter with the stealers for a headlight replacement glass.

spose I best let my insurers know aswell.

Thats a nightmere mate, such a nice car, doesnt look like a difficult fix is the only good thing...

Good luck sourcing the bits..

sorry to hear that roger, hopefully it shouldn't be too tricky to fix up but a sh*tty thing nonetheless..

Same thing happened to me, my bonnet was smashed, but my wing wasnt. The insurance company wrote my car off :(

I hope you get it sorted mate I know how you feel.

The wrote it off for that! As*holes!

Let us know how you get on fixing her up... best of luck!

What a pisser mate, i wouldnt let your ins co know if the other guys car isnt damaged tho,

Looks like your slam panel will be twisted but should repair, wing and inner wing have taken the hit, i wouldnt bother buying a wing yet the bodyshop will have to repair the inner wing so they might as well repair the outer wing. This way it keeps paint down to a minimum, only the wing will need to be painted then where as if you replace the wing the door will need painting as well

All the best jimmi......

The angle of the headlight makes it look like you'll need a new (or unbend the) slam panel If you get all the bits and want a hand to put them on, give me a shout. Got all the neccessary tools etc at home.

I've added you on messenger btw.

Tom

Cheers,

Jimmi. Fraid the bodyshop at work has diagnosed a new wing. It may well be if I go insurance route then they see it diferently.

Ive sent out a PM to Bigpants and someone on Ebay. Anyone know of an offside wing?

I can get it painted but having troubs sourcing one outside VW, as they want 240 + VAT

It seems Im going to have to take the insurance gamble unless I get lucky.

any good sugestions what I can cover the light with and stop the inevitable rust setting into the exposed edges?

any good sugestions what I can cover the light with and stop the inevitable rust setting into the exposed edges?

You want to take the light out really, because the reflector will get damaged quite soon if left exposed. I have an early one you can use in it's place if you want. Try not to touch the reflector surface as it's super delicate.

You can use vaseline on the metal edges to stop air and moisture getting at it...

Cheers Fay,

I had a chat with Ian in bodyshop. He was supportive but thought that the car would definately need a new wing.

Cheers Tom. Looking at the headlight. I reckon it is a whole unit also.

Really concerned about putting it the insurance route.

Ive got a grand to spend if need be, but I would want to overspray the bonnet and bumper with that if I sand it and do the prep work.

Cheers Fay,

I had a chat with Ian in bodyshop. He was supportive but thought that the car would definately need a new wing.

Cheers Tom. Looking at the headlight. I reckon it is a whole unit also.

Really concerned about putting it the insurance route.

Ive got a grand to spend if need be, but I would want to overspray the bonnet and bumper with that if I sand it and do the prep work.

Probably best off getting a quote from a body shop to fix it and compare it to the value of the car (Which just went up with the new seats remember...)

Ah man... bad luck mate, yeah deffo looks like it needs a new wing and lanp unit...

Roger - didn't you post something about a Skoda a few days ago? thought it was the same thread until i actually looked at it...

I've got a complete late driver's side headlight you can have for nowt if you want - the reflector's a bit manky, but as far as I know, fully operational.

Ah man... bad luck mate, yeah deffo looks like it needs a new wing and lanp unit...

Roger - didn't you post something about a Skoda a few days ago? thought it was the same thread until i actually looked at it...

aye, that was the disaster thread.