junkie

Hoping to buy another corrado.

I was reading the posts on the previous page thinking that there was progress happening, then I noticed they were from July 2009 :lol:

Haha I know I can't decide what to do, when I broke it it was with the intention of cutting up the shell and going to the scrappy in bits, a year down the line or whatever it is its still in the garage and it still smells like it used to and it just brings back memories of good times.

I want AWD on it, caged up still and just generally a menace to society kinda thing going on. Just don't know where to start?

All I can keep thinking of is subaruing it, yes AWD and boxer flat 4 turbo, any body care to do some dimension digging for me as I ain't got a clue where to start, which is the next issue if I don't know where to start then I don't know how to do lol.

Cheers for the precision measurements there phil I shall complete this project by the weekend lol.

Can be done.....you can use the subaru rear subframe, bolt it to the chassis legs (with some re-inforcing), change the front chassis legs to subaru items and then just bolt up the subaru subframe. It was all done on that TV show...cant remember the name now...but basically used a mk2 golf, had the subaru AWD. Car looked fookin ugly tho.

I remember reading an article on someone who had fitted subaru running gear and engine to a golf Simon. If you want I can try and dig it out - will be in my reading pile somewhere?

Yea it was chop with leepu who screwed up a brilliant car the volcano car of johnny Vegas. That's where the inspiration is from. As the corrado is part golf so I know it can be done but they had all the geometry gear precision measuring stuff.

Please any info you can find from the pile would he great mate.

As it stands I have a bare shell which is just too good to go to the scrappy and I can get a full Subaru car for not a great deal, granted it will need work but I can sell some stuff from it that I don't need to bring the cost down a little and then tuning them is reasonably cheap, still gonna cost a mint though but will he permanent AWD sound cool as fook although I would put equal length manifolds on and lose the burble so it's more of a sleeper type car or q car lol.

If I was at this stage and you were thinking of alternative - Audi 5cyl lump be it an old or new version.

Nothing sounds better!!!

If I was at this stage and you were thinking of alternative - Audi 5cyl lump be it an old or new version.

Nothing sounds better!!!

Thats not a bad shout, ABA or AEG lumps arnt they? Bolt on a mahoosive turbo, and away you go (I know its not really that simple but hey...)

Could work well with S3 4wd gubbins.

Awsome article that is. It reads exactly like I wanna do things, cheaply and all go no show.

Plus it should be easier on the corrado chassis.

Wouldnt it be easier to go Audi TT Quattro ?

If not easier, cheaper !

he doesn't do easy.

easy would of been not to break the bloody thing in the first place. :)

Just found this as well. 4 wheel drifts, mmmmm.

As much as I loved it rob it still was not totally what I wanted, now have a clear image in my head and this is on the right lines.

Jonathon that is awesome, now imagine the corrado doing that, 4 wheel drifting in style with some class lol.

Just trying to blag the use of the in laws double garage bubthey have a kit car in there nearing completion at the moment.

si,did you sell all your old engine complete?

also i remember u sellin all your old ice,did that go as well?

Yeh he sold it complete to me :D

i think that mk1 scooby thing seems really slow, doesnt seem to be doing much other than spin the wheels of a quite small set of wheels and not even drifting really once it turns its running outta steam, must be a crap bhp scooby lump

Ok I am jumping the gun massively but I am hoping to buy another corrado, I have finally made up my mind on what I want but I'm not quite ready to say as it may and will shock alot of you once I inform you all.

It may still not come off but if it does I will be fairly happy for a while lol.

If I do buy this car then I may have a shell for somebody if they want it.