Sign in to follow this  
timg60

E38 to go or not??????

Ok I am having a bit of a dilemma.

Really want to go to E38 and have asked to be on the Forum stand on the sunday. Will be my first show...........

But... Although mechanically sound we havnt had a chance to sort out the body work and she is a bit tatty to say the least. door dents and some arse ran over her. ( might get a new bonnet on in the next couple of weeks) Really want to meet some of you guys and drool over some cars as well. But feel I will be letting the side down :( Hopeing the show is really laid back and more about the people as well as the cars and not all about how clean and concours they are. :lol:

She will get paint, just not this year............... :(

i dont think people will be bothered - besides who cares - its your car not anyone else's... go and enjoy the show and social side of it.

I am hoping thats what its all about tbh. I might be being hypercritical as I see her everyday and most people say she looks good. It just bugs me I dont have the funds to get her perfect. :(

not been so someone else can reassure you - but not everyone can say they have a show car. don't worry about it. it takes most mortals years and years to sort the car to the state they wished it was in from day one. besides corrados are for driving not for poncing around in ;) so who cares about some tatty areas if it handles well and has the power for the road

F*$k it, All I need is someone to follow out of London so I dont get lost and will be there...................

Hate that city.

Give me glasgow anyday.....Built on a grid.......... :lol:

The forum stand is not about who has the best car etc. It is a forum stand, we will just be glad that you are there supporting the forum! No excuses then, see you there! :D

I am hoping thats what its all about tbh. I might be being hypercritical as I see her everyday and most people say she looks good. It just bugs me I dont have the funds to get her perfect. :(

I first took my rado to E38 in 2004. This is 3months after i got him. He had no carpet, the interior wiring was everywhere, he was still in a right state! I was just glad to have him running so I could take him. I still enjoyed the show! :)

No one is there to judge car condition - we just care about getting as many Rado's together as possible! Really - it doesn't matter if it needs work doing to it or not! Just bring it along and get it on the stand! :)

Yeah, bring it! You should see the state of my G60. Especially after I pranged it on my girlfriend's wall. But let's not talk about that.... Even if people did laugh at it, so what? One day I will get it resprayed and it will be sweet. Life is too short to worry about what people think of my paint work.

Id say 99% of the cars that will be on the forum stand are work in progress, we all have a list of things wed like to do and there will inevitably be other things that pop up along the way..

Ive never been to a show where anyone has looked down at anyones car, that really isnt what these things are about, they are about the banter and picking other peoples brains and sharing ideas and probably getting hammered aswell...

Life is too short to worry about what people think of my paint work.

Someone buy that man a pint. :)

Cheers Guys,

Am going to take my spare bonnet into paint today so that will be sorted. looking forward to meeting some of you and getting more ideas for her.......

Shame I will be missing out on the rumbongo :lol: but I kinda feel that might be a good thing :lol:

Should definately go people are there to look @ cars etc and have a laugh.Got the hole site this year I think so should be heavin :D

as already said, its a club stand not a show an shine stand :lol:

i',m on a local forums stand for both harewood an e38 an so's me mate an he's puttin this on the club stands :D

DSC00209.jpg

(i've been usin this as a daily for a few days aswell :lol: )

I must have missed something here but what on earth is Rumbongo???
A rare and unusual drink concoted in fields full of planes with no engines...

I'm sure Dinkus/Yeti/MicVR will be along shortly to explain...

Life is too short to worry about what people think of my paint work.

Someone buy that man a pint. :)

Yes please!!!! :lol: I need one!

And that mk1 van is awesome! I'd love a little thing like that to bomb around in and that would get taken to every show for sure.

Maybe i should take my van.100_0587.JPG[/attachment:8fa0f].Whatever you turn up in its worth goin.

My VR is a hell of a state, with dents and rust, and probably lots of dirt inside, but I don't give a fcuk what other people think, I'm going to meet mates, and have a few drinks, not to show my car.

See you there!

the more C's the better dude, if you are coming out of north london pm vwdeviant as he wants to set up a convoy on the way up, as for rumbongo... it's mic's creation (mincy) and i think its best sampled than described... that means you have to come along now :lol:

As nikki said almost everyone will have things they want to do to their car, its not a show and shine just a gathering of the forum and a chance to see if we can get more corrado's than polo's :lol: nah what matters is that you enjoy driving your car!

we'll see you there then :D

My car is a shed and might get cleaned, but I'm coming along. Just won't be putting my car up on the stand.

I'll be there and my car is definitely not a show winner, I'm hoping the forum stand is going to be just a place where we can all meet up and show strength in numbers!

And as for the rumbongo, I'll make up a new batch to let the people of E38 into the magical secret! :lol: