Sign in to follow this  
fla

Brake hoses for 288 conversion

Can anyone supply size details or part numbers for teh correct hoses? I've bought a set recently but they dont look right. The banko end is correct the other doesnt look right. Thanks.

I've heard that Vince at Stealth is the only person in the known universe who has "da knowlij" about ordering Goodridge hoses for Corrados. He had to order three sets for mine, and kept telling them they had the wrong bits in, until he gave up and made up a set from others ..

Cheers Jonvr6. Not sure if i'll do the goodridges this time around, although you can get teh bits to make teh hoses up yourselfa and it works out to be a fraction of the cost of goodridges. Rallynuts or rallydesign, iirc. Might give that a go.

Goodridge are fairly useless... But GSF do a good price on the late MK3 VR6 kit (less than £40 with CCGB discount) and this is correct, only issue maybe the banjo bolts thread pitch but you can try these and if not correct then either use the originals or get some new from a bike shop (or VW)

dont want to change everythiing just yet to braided. Anyway, went to a few local factors for the golf vr6 hoses and they both came out with something different. I cant believe this is SO complex? Can anyone post up a picture of the correct hoses or if you've upgraded to braided or 312s can we work something out on your old hoses? Cheers.

We (C&R) have Goodridge sets on the shelf that are correct for a 90 onwards Corrado with 288's on the front using Golf 3 calipers. We also have them for 288's and 312's using Golf 4 calipers, the only difference being the thread pitch of the banjo bolt. We can also supply both kits with rear hoses for Golf 4 ally calipers.

How much are they, Crasher? TBH, i dont know which 288s I've got as they were from Ebay and it wasnt specified.

Resurrecting this thread as Im looking to fit mine. I got the whole kit including the brake lines from the Golf still fitted but are these correct to fit onto my car?

Its a 94 M. The top end you can see has the pipe crimped/cut from the donor car and would be removed to leave a female connection.

i think all the ends that fix to the brake pipes (hard) are the same, they should be a union joint as shown in your photo.

i think its only the connection on the caliper that is different, i,e: banjo or screw

Therefore since these are the stock Golf lines I shouldnt have any issues connecting to my hard lines. Anyone else confirm?

I must admit I sometimes wonder where all the confusion about brake hoses comes from - somewhere along the way someone must have found a rare occasion where goodridge packs need mixing but i think its only where you're using passat front calipers or if you have changed to mk4 rears as well.

If you are using the usual mk3 golf 288 calipers then the standard 6 hose kit from goodridge for a 95 onwards mk3 golf vr6 is all you need as the 4 rear hoses are the same on the golf and the corrado.

cheers

John

what passat calipers do you mean? 280 or 288?

using mk4 passat 288's on mine and theyre just the same as late golf vr6 with a banjo.

what passat calipers do you mean? 280 or 288?

using mk4 passat 288's on mine and theyre just the same as late golf vr6 with a banjo.

I'm not exactly sure which Tom is referring too, but i fitted Passat B5 288 calipers to mine using standard Rado VR6 hoses. Initially i was quite confused as to what hose to use as fitment on the caliper looked almost identical to that of the Golf. After trying various hoses i found that the late Golf banjo fitments didn’t seal correctly, but by chance discovered the Rado hoses fitted fine.

right well ive got my goodridge hoses, suprize suprize theyre completely wrong, the long front hoses have two female threaded hoses on them? that makes no sense to me, surely it should either have a banjo or a male fitting to screw into the caliper?

unless theres meant to be an extra bit with a banjo on that screws into the female threaded end?

confused, think theyre gonna be going back tbh, annoying as I was gonna sort my brakes this weekend and no chance of getting the right bits in time now.

right well ive got my goodridge hoses, suprize suprize theyre completely wrong, the long front hoses have two female threaded hoses on them? that makes no sense to me, surely it should either have a banjo or a male fitting to screw into the caliper?

unless theres meant to be an extra bit with a banjo on that screws into the female threaded end?

confused, think theyre gonna be going back tbh, annoying as I was gonna sort my brakes this weekend and no chance of getting the right bits in time now.

From memory the hoses you describe sound about right. The Passat calipers should have a small hard line hose with threaded male fitments, if you look at the image i found from my caliper install you will see what i mean, haven’t managed to locate the diagram in ETKA.

Its possible i my still have these hard lines lurking in the garage, ill take a look over the weekend, failing that as i said before standard Rado VR6 hoses work fine.

brilliant cheers for that pic, makes a lot more sence now. whats weird is i bought the whole donor car for the engine conversion (1995 passat 2.0 16v ABF) and used the whole 5 stud setup including subframe, wishbones, hubs, brakes etc all off the same car and they have banjo connectors on the front brakes (288mm). Unless the calipers have been changed at some point in the donor cars life.

im not sure if the thread on the bits of hard line you have would be the same as the banjo bolt where they screw into the caliper?

I think im gonna get the hoses changed for some golf mk3 abf items as they defo have the same calipers as ive got.