CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Im not to sure how your VRT's are set up there but the only way you get boost leak from the ISV is to have it draw air from the atmosphere,my idle system is in a closed loop,that means the idle system is always under positvie pressure under boost,you cant have boost leak as one end of the ISV goes into the inlet manifold and other side into the charge cooler.

I prefer mine to start and drive like OEM mate,last one the idle valve was disconnected and it was a pain from cold.

judging by the look of his pistons b4 I really don't think he has an issue with boost leak.

The car was boosting just fine.

:)

:lol: thats right mate,too much boost and to little fuel ....i do learn the hard way :cuckoo:

pistons melting makes the boost monkey cry :cry:

Seriously though, is it properly back on the road now? Bay looks really tidy, must be hard to plumb in all the hardware etc! :salute:

Dont worry mate,i wont be showing anymore melted pistons :lol: and yea its back on the road,running in,its soo quiet and smooth! with no rattles or the old VR piston slap noise :tongue: ,keeping it under 3k for 800 mile or so and during that time its twin fuel pumps,chrage cooler tank with Mertzer(spelling?) pump ,sort the exhast to side exit and managment......only then will i boost it...... :tongue:

That might take me some time coz im skint :(

As for hardware,the hard bit was building it,its just a matter of reconnecting everything and turning the key :tongue:

I know it has already been spelled out to you in big capital letters :) but just be careful after your run in period as the ecu ignition map is not one for a FI car.

:salute:

I like the idea of a side exit, is it going to point to the pavement so you can gas traffic wardens :lol:

I like the idea of a side exit, is it going to point to the pavement so you can gas traffic wardens :lol:

More like point up and set them on fire :twisted:

Yesterday the bonnet cable broke,i blew the main fuse from the battery(my fault) but i was in traffic and i was pissed,the throtle cable is catching the wiper linkage,one of my shockers is making a kloncking noise....

and today while its raining the sunroof fcuked up! resulting in me getting wet.....

Im i being tested or is it time to put the motor in someting else.... :bad-words:

That is definitely a test. :censored: Can't believe all that happened in one day. Stick with it, you need to drive the thing a lot before putting the engine in something else. Enjoy it first, that's what I say. :D

Am i being tested or is it time to put the motor in someting else.... :bad-words:

You could put it in my car... I don't mind :D !

It seems to be something about this time of year. Suddenly about 5 faults have manifested themselves on my car recently and Kev Haywire went through a load of grief just the other week! Good luck getting it all sorted out as easily and inexpensively as possible!

Most faults are easy to sort,going to swap over sun roofs from the valver to the red one as i never use the valver roof :tongue: hope this is the last of problems for a while,i sooo want the car painting!

:lol: I love how this corrado ownership is more of a religion than a car enthusiasts club :lol:

:lol:

Seems spot on to me!

Hang in there James, you'll kno that once these niggles are sorted you'll have a goodun you can nail whenever you want to. AND you'll have a big grin doing it.

Hi again,

Been looking to the exhaust side of my turbo converion as I am getting the part together for the inlet side. I am going with a tubular manifold like yours, for the same reasons. I want a custom turbo position and don't want to have to use remote brake servo etc.

Just a quick one about your pipe dia. from the downpipes. I have got a set on the way but want to get the tubing before it arrives so I can get straight on with fabrication. It looks about 2" can you confirm this so I can get the tubing sorted.

Thanks

Ian

Yes mate 2",i used the stock header flanges cut off from the original downpipes,bored them out to fit the 2" pipes,i also dremeled out the stock exhaust manifolds to flow better and mached the two together.

hows the 'running in' coming along now anyway james - been overtaken by many 1.2 novas?!? :lol:

what's the word on sorting yourself with standalone?

some randoms,loving how tidy and clean the bay is now,

Finally gotten round to looking through all the pics and you've done a great job 8) Have to agree, it looks very tidy indeed!

hows the 'running in' coming along now anyway james - been overtaken by many 1.2 novas?!? :lol:

what's the word on sorting yourself with standalone?

Even with part throttle with no boost and running no more than 3k its faster than most novas :tongue:

Cheers Kev :wink:

Well ive done no more than 400 miles,not to bothered about how long it takes to put on a few miles,so today it was time to give the old girl a clean,i dont often clean my cars,its one of those things i cant be arsed with,just a wash and dry off,mabey a polish....if i can be bothered! :lol:

Few randoms today....

Picture184.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Picture187.jpg

wow, looks really good. Red looks sweet when it clean and polished 8)