CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

cheers mate,ive spent hours playing with an stock pump,walbro 255 and an 044 in a bucket of fuel! :lol:

im going to mount the 044 intank in the original stock housing modded somewhat! and then going to use the 255 to keep the housing toped up with fuel + the 044 will return into the housing!!! complecated...but this lets me lift the housing out the bucket of fuel and it will still pump fuel for up to 10 sec......more than enogh! :grin:

Some very nice engineering there mate.

ps

don't you just love the smell of petrol.. :D

random thought, but could the 6 smaller fuel lines be collapsing inwards under the fuel pressure? Although you'd see this as a massive drop at the FPR I guess. Thinking out loud!

I'm back in uni today, so need to get the thermo noggin working again :nuts:

Just a thought James, but Mk1's Gti fuel pump which looks identically sized, has a foam jacket around it because they are so noisy, you could try one of them perhaps?

You star! I was thinking about using the MK1 cradle and foam jacket for mine.

Having pondered over it a bit, I was thinking that the early K-Jet Mk2's would have a similar set up and be a straight ish fit to the corrado floorpan, but they appear to be slightly different with a 2 pump set up (much as both of you FI boys have I suppose?), one in the tank and one underneath, but it does house the accumulator, pump and filter very neatly by the looks of the diagram. I've never seen one in the flesh though. Just food for thought.Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment:2dc81ojm]

My 044 needed more fuel so ive fitted my old walbro to my modded old fuel sender unit and added a sock so no dirt can enter the pump and it worls well,it delevers plenty of fuel to the o44 and now its quite...ish :lol:

intankwalbropump.jpg

intankwalbropump1.jpg

Finished off the wiring and checked the fuel level,very low as the sock is half covered in fuel and the gauge reads nothing and the gauge float is sitting on the bottom of the tank,so i decided while the roads are clear to get some fuel,its about half a mile away,went fast around corners,braked hard etc...no fuel problems and that was pushing it. :tongue:

Once i got some much needed fuel i went for a little spin.....and i forgot how rapid the speed builds up :eek: its been a few months since ive been behind the wheel but fuck me was it quick! and still the boost is only 9psi :cuckoo:

Roll on summer!

absolutely loving that buddy - sounds great running the two in series like that - you should have no problems there. great to hear about fuel surge etc on low fuel - you must be very happy.

i like your "modification" of the stock fuel pump :lol: it will moun and come in and out using the OEM fittings nicely though, no doubt you are very happy.

more bboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssstttt needed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers Pete :salute: i gave the girl a good clean today while the weather was good up norf! it needed it! and i fitted my manual boost adjuster from before and i know thats set to 11psi so that should be fine for now :grin:

Just need to get y box out and strip it for a diff and lower FD.

its a lazy box mate,want the revs to be higher in gears and it will be better to keep turbo on boost more,im not after top end but just to get there quicker... :tongue:

im not after top end but just to get there quicker... :tongue:

I concur my sentiments too....

well well well......are you sitting? good then we will begin. :D

Brakes....i need more stopping power,lots more! so i got hold of some EVO8 brakes as you know,but i decided to bin them as they were far to big and required stupid amount of spacing to clear the RC's and as i love my RC's another wheel choice was out of the option!

So I got hold of some used willwood 6 pot callipers off a hand link from a fellow member :wave: Got them for a steal and they were fitted to an Audi a6 platform,had adapters to fit the Audi and the Audi callipers fitted on the rear side not the front.

As the callipers are directional I had to swap the link pipe and bleed nipples over...bleeding the callipers upside down is rubbish :camp:

Stripped callipers down,cleaned checked and reassembled,modified the brackets to suit the stock Vag 312mm discs(i wanted to keep them as it was a cheap option for replacement compared to bells and rotors etc)

Callipers are half the weight and size of the brembos and sit nicely behind the RC's with only a 3mm spacer required.....mission accomplished!

Just waiting on the drilled and grooved discs to arrive.

Pics.

wilwoodvsbrembos.jpg

Wilwoodvsbrembosside.jpg

wilwoodscleanedup.jpg

redwillwoods.jpg

spacersforwilwoods.jpg

wilwoodonhub.jpg

wilwoodshowingbrackettohub.jpg

Awesome, i take its still built on the small budget in comparison to the actual decent quality stuff you have on the car.

Absolutely! i cant afford to but stuff off the shelf ready to fit,so most stuff is still sorced on the cheap,parts fabed up or second hand and keep the quality up there too :grin:

Its more fun doing it this way! :tongue:

roll on summer when i can try out all these toys!

Very Nice 8) Are they still the 312's your running with? If so I reckon you've probably reduced your unsprung mass from standard even though you have bigger discs, so your ride will be more compy and the wheels will follow the road contours better, lightweight wheels too. I bet your ride comfort is good for the performance?

nice looking wilwoods there james :) im gonna go the same route only 4 pot to keep my wheels. loving the fuel pump idea and end product too! its worked out really well :D

Thanks folks...it is easy dirtytorque ! just need to get stuck in,have no life or money....easy :tongue:

Yes i hope to have less front end weight,most of my friends always comment on how smooth the raddo drives on most roads,but the avos need a rebuild (to do list) still it has a good ride.

Still wating on my EBC discs to arrive.... :| got pads...nice red stuff! :norty:

lazy pics....

Dining table anyone? :grin:

coffeetable.jpg

EBCRedStuffwilwoodpads.jpg

Brackets made.

spacersforwilwoods.jpg

I like this pic....dont know why? :camp:

raddoandgarage.jpg

Nice one mate those brakes look like a really good option. Made them look really tidy as well.

When you gonna test them? :norty:

As soon as i get my discs i will give the old girl a run out, but it still has no tax,need to get some as the weather is improving now.

Karl,they "just" touch the wheel,i could just mill a tad off the caliper but instead my mate is laser cutting me some 2mm spacers all round,just incase a stone gets wedged between caliper and wheel :tongue:

wow, those brake look right at home behind the wheels!

Have you driven the car with the new brakes yet?