CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

I love your daily :luvlove:

I know you do,it must be the shade of green :tongue:

Well the car should be painted this month the lads say! :cheers: then its the mission to reassemble the lot,but im doing this at work in the body shop....nice and warm,lots of room to work around etc :D

Ive also accumulated a selection of new parts to go back on......

New bonnet pin strikers

New Bonnet centre catch

New Corrado script covers

New chrome door latches and striker pins.

New Sekurit windscreen

New windscreen seals

New seals for wing mirrors

New seals for door handles

Various new nuts and bolts.

New arieal base with seal.

Also Ive bought some Lamin-x of Neil to give my headlights and fogs/indicators a subtle tint as this does suit red very well.

But before i applied the tint to my indicators have uou noticed that the all the product info,number etc are raised on the plastic indicators? well i did not want to apply the tint over them to find the stick out like a sore thumb,so i ground them down,and repolished the plastic with wet and dry and i tell you what it looks great and like new as you remove all the years of road abuse. 8)

As for applying the Lamin-x its real easy but heat is your friend and it stretches around corners etc so easily when using a hot air gun,well impressed with it. 8)

Also it makes pitted glass look like new... 8)

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Later

Nice work james , tryed the Lamin-x myself but never stuck on the corners even with heat?

look good for few days then lifted. Tryed everything to get it perfect

Gave up in end :?

DSCN0778.JPG[/attachment:1usoms3i]

Nice to see youve gone to the trouble of removing all the glass.

yea the glass removal was a pain in the backside but besides having it sparyed correctly i wanted to make sure there was no rust and im glad to say there was non :D

looking great James - not long until it's gets sprayed now so you can put it all back together surely...

:D

Cheers Pete,yea not long now...i hope and then the task of reassembling which im looking forward to doing :tongue:

looks real good, what was your method to remove the windscreen??

cut the screen out with removal tool right round the screen besides the bottom,stick your head on the screen on the inside to lever it out and use a stanley blade to slice the lower part of the seal from the inside.

I had a new screen to go in so i pushed it to the point it broke....the quater glass is a hole new ball game :brickwall:

i do not envy the position your are in right now been there done that with the whole respray thing its not much work to put it back together but it is at the same time just want to get it done and then have the fun of sorting all the niggles that arise hahaha

looks awesome by the way i really love it. the tints look perfect how much did you order i fancy the blueish one for me but i have no idea on how much you need??

yea it looks well,sitting in the garage and looking at it right now with a bottle of beer.....thinking i should go in and have a bath :lol:

I will get pics,just been having to much fun putting it together :camp:

Good man looking forward to seeing it nice and fresh.

Think I'll be parking slightly away from yours now though :lol:

Ruined it now James. You should have kept it ghetto lol. Your going to be spending far too much time polishing it and not enough abusing the old girl like she is made for.

Ruined it now James. You should have kept it ghetto lol. Your going to be spending far too much time polishing it and not enough abusing the old girl like she is made for.

your not wrong there...its to shiny for any road rage moments! :lol:

Thanks for the comments folks,i will get some pics this weekend,just came back from watford 525 mile round trip just to find out how great the new Kia Serento and Venga is... :bad-words: shattered but im still off to the garage now to put more bits back on the Vr.....thats love :luvlove:

Ive put the rear glass in tonight and thought it might be worthy of some pics,its well dirty/dusty ect...will be fitting front screen tomorrow and then finishing the doors...then maybe fit the front brakes and wheels,play with suspension hight if i have time...

Some randoms...sorry only mobile pics,my slr is bust :(

fresh from paint...

08022010071.jpg

08022010072.jpg

08022010073.jpg

Back at home... :cheers:

12022010077.jpg

Carbon bonnet... :)

12022010078.jpg

12022010092.jpg

Slam panel,de -holed 8)

12022010079.jpg

Rear end smooth....rear lights tinted then 2000 wet and dry,laqured,then 2000 wet&dry,then polished

12022010084.jpg

12022010086.jpg

12022010082.jpg

12022010087.jpg

12022010089.jpg

12022010094.jpg

12022010093.jpg

Built....

12022010076.jpg

The pic of it in the garage looking at the front just looks awesome. Not keen on the new wheels though :D

New paint just makes such a difference, nice one for keeping it and sticking with it buddy.