Sign in to follow this  
niggelvr6

Another tragic death of a corrado !

i have some sad sad news

yesterday a mindless drunk woman decided that she didnt like where my corrado vr6 was parked out side of my own house so she thought she would lovingly move it onto the pavement for me by crashing her poxy little clio into it pics bellow

today it was taken of the the local shop where i fear i will get the dredded message **Thats uneconomical to repair mate **

the rear bumper is pusherd it and the rear drivers quarter pannel has a nasty fold in it and i am sure there is more if you look closly in the boot there ars some bulges and dents and the boot and drivers door now dont close propperly

the cruncher of my wowfull story is that it happend at 8 am and the woman was arrested for aggressive behaviour and drunk driving one of my neighbours came out to to find her trying to flee the scene but because her clio looked like it had hit a wall at 50mph she wasnt getting far it then took 8 police officers to get her into the van !!! i hope they through the book at her

sorry to see that chap, not nice at all. Hope she gets what she deserves. Unfortunatly it doesnt take much to write off a corrado, and i think yours will be off to the scrappers.... :(

bad luck fella, that looked like a well cared for one. :(

best to prepare yourself for the offers for all the nice bits now..

What a stupid cow. Thats definately gonna be a write off :(

I hope they nail her good and proper for that, though to be honest she'll probably just get a slap on the wrist such is the legal system in this country. Please keep us updated.. i'd like to know whether justice gets served!

bad luck fella, that looked like a well cared for one. :(

best to prepare yourself for the offers for all the nice bits now..

vulture.JPG

:lol:

Gutted mate.. Seriously she should be banned (if she isn't already!)

Best of luck, fingers crossed.

i deliberately didn't use the word vultures out of sensitivity for what must be an emotional time for the poor guy! (and maybe because I've not always been entirely innocent of it either!) :lol:

Not the kind of start you need for the members gallery is it, its usually happy, this is my c and im going to do this this and this.

oh no :(:(:(

thats an arse, i'm gutted for you. Keep us updated about insurance settlements etc, always nice/depressing to know

jon how many diff vulture pics u got for these moments????????? :lol:

Goole images matey!

NigelVR.. keep us updated about this yeah?

just a quick update the car left on friday to the garage i made sure to take pics before it left and ensured the guys who picked it up filled out all the info about the damage

any way just waiting now

we are pretty sure it will be written off as we found out that the rear quarter pannel is £500 and not availible even from germany plus front and rear bumpers paint labour ect !!!!!!!

so its just deciding what to do next

This would be my worst nightmare. :shock:

As for the drunk driver, she should be shot! theres NO excuse for driving in that state. Probably get sent on a course and then a few hours community service.

Must make your blood boil and probably won't help ya much when you're feeling like this but Nietzsche said:

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"

Keep the faith and get an even better one.

Vaughan

thanks for all your comments guys

and i am thinking deeply about my options at the moment

i can eather put the miney back into the car as i have spent alot of time and money on it or cut my losses and get another maybe a nicer start with leather ect and transfer my bits to it eg coilovers exhaust and sell of the rest the engine in it was rebuilt 30000 mile ago nearly 3000 spent on it alone

still waiting for the call from the hospital to see if she will pull through !!!!!

you would be better off getting another corrado and swapping the bits over, from the crumpling on the rear quarter its going to need some serious straightening and probably need to be put on a jig, even after a car has been put on a jig they never feel quite right, whether its psycological i'm not sure, but your better off with something you know is straight.

hi all well i got the dredded call from the hospital today and as i feared

it is un economical to repair

i have the same view in trhat there is some structural damage and it will never be the same again so just waiting to hear how much they will cough up !!!!!!!

then will decide on what to do

so keep your eyes peeld there maybe some good corrado spares on offer !!

so keep your eyes peeld there maybe some good corrado spares on offer !!

Look to the skies...

vulture.JPG

Sorry to hear that mate.... hope you can get a decent amount out the Insurance without too much tooing and froing..

yes i hope so to !!!!!!!!11111111

i got one little bit of luck out of it all i got a hire car today all paid for and as they didnt have the correct class avail they upgraded me to a astra twin top convirtible

so i swanning about in that lots of fun with the top down lol

just a shame its blody cold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok another update

i am getting my car back tommorow hopefully in the same condition as it left !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my insurance have offered me £1700 and the car !

can anyone advise me as to an opinion of this figure as i think they are taking the f*/?in piss

they have told me that the have an engineer that values the car on its specific condition and history to give a fair value

not just a parkers book price

obviously they dont look online to see what price these cars ar currently selling for or are actualy worth

i am seriously considdering telling them i want more and i want it re-valued but not sure on my best approach

can anyone help with this or maybe just some examples of similar cases.

I've always been advised to decline the first offer, at least. Wouldnt harm to get some example out of the autotrader or like for similar spec'd priced corrados.