Sign in to follow this  
TheRealLuke

Ok, talk me out of it

First post, hello.

Been looking into buying a VR corrado lately. I need to be told how unreliable they are, that they're too fragile, too expensive to run and maintain,that the Vr soundtrack is more Britney than Motorhead. I need you to tell me I'm a fool for considering buying a 10+ year old car with probably high mileage for money that would get me something newer and more shiny, like dammit, an audi a3 or mk4 golf gti.

If I was to consider buying a VR, thats IF... my budget would be 4-5k. But I know I shouldn't...my precious...

The dark lord VW is calling....resistance may well be futile

TRL

The Corrado will get you down some days, be under no illusion. But it has so much more soul than most modern cars in your price range do.. and you will enjoy driving it every day, and you'll enjoy the interest and attention it gets.

Most of the work is ongoing bits and pieces.. they rarely completely let you down!

Just get one. £4000 to £5000 will get you a great example VR as prices are quite low at the moment :)

As above reply. I swapped a mk4 gti turbo for a vr6 as i got bored with the mk4 very quickly and couldnt be bothered to mod it either. The vr has so much more soul with its v6 and communicative handlng. I may get flamed for this, but I actually prefer it as a smile per mile car to either of my old S3's (although they are great cars), but be prepared to have to pamper them as bits go wrong. Look carefully as there is a lot of tat as well. Oh, and I wouldnt buy one if your doing mucho miles! Good luck 8)

I need to be told how unreliable they are, that they're too fragile, too expensive to run and maintain,that the Vr soundtrack is more Britney than Motorhead. I need you to tell me I'm a fool for considering buying a 10+ year old car with probably high mileage for money that would get me something newer and more shiny, like dammit, an [strike:430d3]audi a3 or mk4 golf gti.[/strike:430d3] Daewoo

Sums it up nicely :lol:

They can get like that when heavily modified, but standard ones are pretty robust and reliable. Thankfully only Britney sounds as lacklustre as Britney, but the VR tone never really blew my skirt up tbh. I just like the convenience of a small 3.0 V6 to bolt a turbo onto 8)

Ok. Which part of talk me out of it didn't most of you understand?

Now that Cheesewire. He almost got the idea. Started well, then slipped into a vaguely fanboy mode. Disappointing.

;)

Do love them Daewoo's though.... :lol:

TRL

You've taken the first step, you've thought about it.

You will now see more corrados than you would normally. (not too many to make it common though)

You will then crack and buy one.

From then on your spare time, money and your once clean hands will no longer be your own. You will however develop a permanent smirk from ear to ear because you know you made the right decision. People will be looking at you but don't worry, its all good... unless there's steam or smoke but thats something that usually happens to me.

Buy one, even its a shed, its still better than most cars out there and you know it.

the fact you've thought about it, then joined up on here and then posted. that just says to me you want one really badly!!! just go and buy one and enjoy the soundtrack, like others have already said in here, yeah they will get you down, but fap me i still love my rado!! :lol: :lol:

the fact you've thought about it, then joined up on here and then posted. that just says to me you want one really badly!!! ...quote]

You're wasted in whatever job you're doing. I hear MI5 is looking for recruits :lol: ;)

Hypothetically speaking, if I was to go and have a look at a VR, what kind of issues should I be aware of? Is there a FAQ for common problems? I need a non hypothetical cup of coffee...

TRL

Well, have you bought one yet? There is no question. I couldn't talk you out of it even if I wanted to. It would be like going against my very nature. Once they get inside you that's it. So you may as well give in now.

No I haven't bought one yet, not in any hurry. Patience..patience like the mantis...

I have a question though. There are two companies that advertise on autotrader a fair bit, TCS and a place in Kinver near Stourbridge I think.

Anyone had any dealings with either of these?

TRL

I'd probably buy privately...

Plenty of genuine, well loved Corrado's come on here. There are some real peaches for sale at the moment! Have you got the reddies already or not?

I need to be told how unreliable they are, that they're too fragile, too expensive to run and maintain,that the Vr soundtrack is more Britney than Motorhead. I need you to tell me I'm a fool for considering buying a 10+ year old car with probably high mileage for money that would get me something newer and more shiny, like dammit, an [strike:40fc9]audi a3 or mk4 golf gti.[/strike:40fc9] Daewoo

Sums it up nicely :lol:

They can get like that when heavily modified, but standard ones are pretty robust and reliable. Thankfully only Britney sounds as lacklustre as Britney, but the VR tone never really blew my skirt up tbh. I just like the convenience of a small 3.0 V6 to bolt a turbo onto 8)

True Kev, but your corrado doesn't wear a skimpy school girl outfit and put it's hair in pony tails!! Does it? :)

True Kev, but your corrado doesn't wear a skimpy school girl outfit and put it's hair in pony tails!! Does it? :)

Shame. Would probably look better than some of the bodykits I've seen recently.

TRL