Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

Looking really good Judith, I take it it's just for sunny day driving now!!

Who's is tidier now then, yours or Kips ?!!

It's been a sunny day car since I've had it (and by the previous owner at the end of his ownership).

And re mine or Kips... I think it depends on which bit you are looking at :wink:

Definately Judes for the moment :lol: I'm needing some bottom end action soon :lol:

Been loosing most points through paintwork so she's in the paintshop.

I have apologised profusely for all the wax / silicon / other sh*t I've coated the car with. They are having fun getting it 'clean'.

Is one of the lads at the back doing his ironing?!

It must be a bit of a shock to see it in that condition Judith, especially after all the elbow grease before the show last weekend. You're going to be cleaning for a LONG time to get that dust out of all the gaps!

I know. I've had paint before on the other Storm and I well remember the paint dust everywhere.. but this place say it will be all cleaned before coming back to me. We will see if it is concours clean.

And last weekend - I purposely didn't put loads of stuff on the plastics as I knew it gives paintshops a hard time... I only gave it a quick detailer all over (and clean / polished, waxed the bonnet cause of water marks) though I did gloss up my inner arches and tyre gelled the whole tyre!! :shock:

I have thought to just leave the car with them and not call in to see it as I am a bit chicken about it but one of the reasons I chose the place is they are only 3 miles up the road so not to visit makes no sense re that reason.

Gonna be mega paranoid about it when it is back :help:

We took all the lights home with us. I explained to the bodyshop that it wasn't cause I didn't trust them to look after them but at £550+ for new headlights, fogs & indicators I would be happier with them at home :nuts:

Plus I thought I might as well take the 'road' grille so it's out their way.. and they know which one to paint!

It's not a full respray, just the bits that need seeing to.

The passenger wing and door had been painted before and handle, mirror and window trim hadn't been removed so you can imagine what sort of a job had been made.

Jim - and it's not an ironing board, it's a stand with a bonnet stood on it :lol:

Hi Jude,

good luck with this, you'll be on edge for a while, wouldn't like to be in their shoes if they get it wrong :shock:

Hi Jude,

good luck with this, you'll be on edge for a while, wouldn't like to be in their shoes if they get it wrong :shock:

:lol: sleepless nights already :lol:

What are you having done then Judith??

I'm suprised they've not sheeted the rest of the car before sanding, as Jim says there will be a huge amount of dust around - hopefully the airbox is bagged

Having bonnet, both sides all the way to rear and slam panel and both bumpers :) and maybe a roof polish/flat back a bit.

:lol: sleepless nights already :lol:

Yeah cause at 10.30 you say things like 'did you strip the this and that bits off before taking it in'?

So I have to get up and write a list of things to remember to gone down and recover just in case at 8am Monday morning. :nuts: :brickwall: :cuckoo:

Having bonnet, both sides all the way to rear and slam panel and both bumpers :) and maybe a roof polish/flat back a bit.

not far off full respray then..

Todays installment.

And I'm not sure all the painting being done is a full respray job. It's only really the front that had serious issues.. other bits are tidying up niggles with imperfections but doesn't warrant full on paint.. Had a very interesting chat with the owner of the garage as he was explaining the grades of paper used in the prep and what their plans were for each area regarding 2pac priming, paint, laquer etc etc

The different colour strip on the bonnet is probably high build primer due to stone chips ect its easy to use that to get a flat surface before the 2pac primer..

I can only imagine then the other bits of bodywork are being flatted back then maybe spot repairs and laquer the whole panel..

I`m learning all this at college now so interested in the process`s myself..

I hear you but I have total confidence in the place doing the work. They have told me their plans for getting the paint on and it sounds comprehensive enough.

brings back memories of me vr earlier in the year , its great to have fresh paint :luvlove: . bet you cant wait to get her back .

Light primer brightens the colour, black/dark dulls the colour.

Not doin' the door Judith??? :scratch:

Light primer brightens the colour, black/dark dulls the colour.

Not doin' the door Judith??? :scratch:

:grin: