Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

Well done Judith.

It would be great if you could get the hat-trick. Tatton and Harewood as well.

No chance. KIPVW will be rolling again by then and if people think I've gone overboard with attention to detail it aint a patch on what Kip has been doing. I think he used working on my car as a guinea pig before starting on his ;)

Plus I won at Tatton and was 3rd Watercooled at Harewood last year so it is someone elses turn this year :) :)

Congratulations. Having reached the pinnacle are you planning to sell and start again?

And NOOOOO. I've already sold and started again and doing many jobs a second time was bad enough. Even though I learnt a lot from the first time round I'm not up for using that knowledge all over again on another one. There is plenty of minor detail here and there I know I can do here... honest!

Edited by Butterfly

yay!! nice one Jude :D

---------- Post added at 8:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 8:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:10 PM ----------

Well done Judith. Nice to chat to you on Sunday and thanks for the cakes :)

Car looked stunning as ever and it was nice to learn some of the history. Let me know about the stereo.

Jay

Spent a bit of time (& money) on my 8v this year. Tidied up the paint a fair bit (BIG shout out to Lee at LA Sprayshop, Shafton, Barnsley.. top job and the Storm will be going there if/when needed no problem :) ) but more importantly I've changed the worn 205's for winter 195's. And put them on some other wheels.

She is a true car of the 90's now..... but I am looking forward to getting the Westwoods refurbed and re shod for the summer.. roll on summer.

Edited by Butterfly

OMG! :lol:

I'd get the Westwoods reshod for tomorrow Jude :lol: That is VERY 1990s!

What winter tyres have you gone for?

I know I know. There is a comedy element involved. ;)

I tried to get Contis but nowhere had any so looked for any of the other top 5's in a winter tyre review from last year. Michelin Alpines were joint 4th and Kwik Fit had them at a stupidly good price (£30 cheaper than my local tyre/exhaust place that I would have liked to give the business to but for £30 x 4 I had to go with kwik fit).

Kip dropped the wheels off on Tuesday then spent the evening swearing as he/we realised they needed spigot rings and different seated bolts.... Fitted them Thursday and I've held off posting pics as I wanted the VW logo stickers but they have not arrived yet.

winter 195s feel great, not that I've driven it far, though a bit twitchy after the 205's that made it feel heavy but they wouldn't have got me anywhere in snow and ice.

As someone who tried so hard to get some Fiesta Rs Turbo 3 spokes when i was a youngster these are fine, i understand the comedy approach..