KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

That is one stunning car Karl, congratulations! Will look amazing wearing a set of RCs ;)

well jim the only reason i did not buy c5 oem is that in my eyes it just to perfect, and would give me nothing to do apart from clean it, whereas this car leaves me scope to make it mine.

Yeh new wheels are in the pipeline hopefully, one of the rc's i bought has some very fine hairline cracks in it, and looks like it cant be repaired :-( so on the lookout for some nice 17's as the borbets are very nice wheels just not really my cup of tea.

and yeh it was a straight swap.

pics will be up tomorrow of it in its new home.

really happy that "the purple poser" is back in sutton coldfield lol

karl

Welcome back Karl, how's it being back in the C? Like you never left eh? Lol

Shame to get rid of the borbets if you ask me, I really like them. I'd offer a swap if they had the brake clearance I need. Hope your chuffed and looking forward to seeing the pics.

well today i raised the car 40mm as its was just to low for me, then just gave it a really good wash and wax and then it rained all day.

on my to do list is.

1, sell/swap the borbets, do like them but only if the car is low and i dont like them very very low.

2, change the storm single wiper to 2 normal wipers, gonna be difficult as the washer jet holes on the bonnet have been smoothed.

3, take off the swg scuttle panel and fit standard ones,

4, fit some better suspension as i'm 40 years old and the FK's that are on the car are just to firm/bouncy for my likening.

5, start looking at ways of making it faster lol

And also forgot how much attention Corrados get when your driving them around, and had sooooo many compliments on the cars condition, so for that Nathan can take the praise.

And the OBD2 is just great it idles so smoothly and the throttle response is so much more responsive.

Liking this car more more i drive it

well today i raised the car 40mm as its was just to low for me, then just gave it a really good wash and wax and then it rained all day.

on my to do list is.

1, sell/swap the borbets, do like them but only if the car is low and i dont like them very very low.

2, change the storm single wiper to 2 normal wipers, gonna be difficult as the washer jet holes on the bonnet have been smoothed.

3, take off the swg scuttle panel and fit standard ones,

4, fit some better suspension as i'm 40 years old and the FK's that are on the car are just to firm/bouncy for my likening.

5, start looking at ways of making it faster lol

And also forgot how much attention Corrados get when your driving them around, and had sooooo many compliments on the cars condition, so for that Nathan can take the praise.

And the OBD2 is just great it idles so smoothly and the throttle response is so much more responsive.

Liking this car more more i drive it

Sounds like a very appropriate plan of action all round.

Glad to hear it, we need pictures... even though we all know what it looks like lol. It really is a stunning car, agree with the FK comments though, absolutely hated mine. Get some KW's slapped on. As for the wipers, get some mk4 washer jets put in underneath and stick some TT wipers on, I would never ever return to standard corrado wipers.

I just been sorting out OBD2 on mine and its soo much better, would advise anyone to go for it! Will be glad to see what you do with this, not sure if zak's old bbs rc motorsport wheels are still up for sale but they would be ideal for this seeing as the arches have been widened slightly. Just need to get hubs redrilled to fit properly.

its been ****ing down all day mate

Man up, plus a wet body is not a bad thing ;) :D hahaha

Cant wait for the pics mate

Karl, had a read through the history of C488ADO in the members gallery, very, very nice!!! I think you have done extremely well there.

Just pop it into Stealth for a VRT and it's sorted. ;-)

will get some pics of it when the new alloys are fitted as all i have done is raise it 40mm and given it a wash, oh and used up £70 worth of fuel just driving it, it just feels soooooo good being back in a corrado.

well the Borbets are sold, getting some solitudes tomorrow until i find some nice 17's or can find one single RC to make my set up, also getting some KW V1's tomorrow so that will keep me busy for a while.

sourced some genuine scuttle covers and also some lupo wipers, so all coming along nicely.

not sure if zak's old bbs rc motorsport wheels are still up for sale but they would be ideal for this seeing as the arches have been widened slightly. Just need to get hubs redrilled to fit properly.

Still for sale http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=353472&hl=rc&st=0

Awesome rims, I was considering them for my Caddy, but I think the 9J rears would cause problems

Nice Rado Karl, hard to stay away from the beggars, been looking at them again myself:bonk:

well had the car on my mates ramps today, had some good news and some badish news.

Good news. No rot at all, and very very solid all round so cant complain there.

Bad news. rear brake pipes need replacing very very soon, rear flexi pipes need replacing also so going to do the mk4 brake conversion while i'm there, plus the r32 sump is paper thin on one side where its been catching due to being so low, so wont be driving the car till thats done, as you can visually see oil coming out of the sump.

Also picked up these babies for a good price so will be fitting them tomorrow along with having a new alarm fitted.

i do miss this messing with cars lol

karl

18052011519.jpg

Edited by KADVR6

no why mate??

Thought thats where you got the KW's, there was a set for £350 on there

oh right, no i got them of ed38, thought there may of been a vr on pistonheads you were looking at buying.

oh right, no i got them of ed38, thought there may of been a vr on pistonheads you were looking at buying.

No, it was a G60 actually :bonk:

Not sure if I really want to get back into the hassles of Corrado ownership, but as I said, its hard to stay away, time will tell!