Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Stage 4 - What should I expect?

munkay If you've got a g60 you dont need a dump valve they already have a kind of a dump valve fitted in the throttle body the way to get the dump valve sound is to remove the the boost return pipe that the ISV and rocker breather goes to it's the black one that runs from the throttle body to the supercharger. There are 2 option for this mod the first is to cap off the the inlet of the charger with a plate and run the ISV pipe and rocker breather pipe into a breather tank (swirl pot) or secondly to have a collar made so you can run a second air filter into the charger for a dual intake system which will probably give you a few more horses under the bonnet. If you want to know more about this mod Darren at PD motorsport will be able to sort you out the bits to carry this mod out ( for a small fee of course :D )

Oh and almost forgot the last thing on the ISV reroute is to run the pipe that comes out of the throttle body to atmosphere this is where the the vented pressure comes out and what make the tsssshhhhhhh noise!

I was just really saying cos Pau1 has one ;)

Its not a priority for me just now really...thanks for the info tho..well described :)

sounds great, and must really confuse the nova/saxo crew

Cheers Munkay

Must add though the dump valve really helps in keeping my custom intercooler pipes from blowing off !!! :shock: Plus the noise puts the fears in the minds of unsuspecting turbo boys... :wink:

See you @ Star Performance

Pau1

And don't worry the Fiat didn't win... :shock:

or any vr6 too :roll: :oops: :wink: .....though would be interesting to see how a vsr-equipped vr6 would be against yours :wink:

Well Nigel,

If any more planes crash in the next 6 months my girl friend will refuse to fly to Spain this year and I'll have to drive there instead. I'll be there from the 18th of August till the 29th. I'll keep you posted. Quite looking forward to the tour... Have to meet up for a few pints too. Where abouts are you in Spain.

Pau1

If any more planes crash in the next 6 months my girl friend will refuse to fly to Spain this year and I'll have to drive there instead

There's female logic for you - you're more likely to die in a car crash than be in a plane crash!!

Did you also know that at 30,000 feet, half your taste-buds don't work. This means that airline food and wine has to be specially produced. The wine tastes disgusting on the ground - so you need to go 30,000 feet up to make it taste right.

Useless fact #2: If you rub garlic on the sole of your foot - the smell will appear on your breath within 20 minutes.

Hmmm. I need to get out more. :shock:

RIGHT!!! I think i should provide some explanation here :D

Digi Lag is an inherent problem with the Digifant ECU. Basically as soon as you go WOT, the ecu continues to cycle the mixture rich lean rich lean etc for a second or two before stabilising to the fuelling on the map. This is NOT GOOD, since you are leaning out under BOOST. This is also why you can go faster by progressively applying throttle since you are effectively giving the ecu time to stabilise.

NOW, we (SNS) have cracked this problem and have completely re-written the map, not just tweaked the standard one which most tuners do. As a result, as soon as you go WOT, the fuelling will hit the map value INSTANTLY, no cycling, no hesitation and you motor will fly. :D

We have mapped using the 3.5bar FPR so that the standard injectors are less stressed and it also has allowed us to produce a map which produces more power/torque from the motor.

As for group buys, i'm sure you guys can appreciate that we are already undercutting the market to introduce SNS to the UK. However, i'm always game for a deal. All depends on how many of you want one 8)

The SNS UK site should be up soon and will have plently of info and evidence to show everyone what we are providing.

(phew)

Cheers for that Dub...whats does WOT mean tho :)

is it like WOT as in Wheee or WOT as in abreviation for something :lol:

(I am aware it means foot to floor tho)

mmmmm... and we both know who's got one lying in his garage doing nothing... :wink:

i've more chance of being voted the world's slimmest bloke than there is of glen selling his vsr :lol:

Cheers for that Dub...whats does WOT mean tho :)

is it like WOT as in Wheee or WOT as in abreviation for something :lol:

(I am aware it means foot to floor tho)

Wide Open Throttle?

I,ve had my stage 4 for about six months now and I'm well happy with it.Got the chip and pulley at the same time and,with a Jetex induction kit and exhaust,it dyno'd at 183bhp,and so much torque,I've just had to replace the front engine mount cos it was ripped cleanly away from its base! :shock:

Is it true that pre 91 cars dont have to have a cat to pass the mot?Been thinking about replacing it with a cat bypass or would TSR's 8v Golf manifold fit? :evil:

yeah 91's get away without cat

I got my C with powerflow system and full mot 2 days before I got it...have mot details etc and full emission pass stuff

So I am happy with a concave bonnet and no cat :)

Blown alright mate the legislation on cats is that if your car was made before Jan 1st 1993 you are not required to have a cat on for an MOT test if your car was made after this date you have to have one to pass the strict emmisons test!

Thanks for that.Do you know of anyone that does a front downpipe for the G60 that would do mail order?Living where I do it's bl***y difficult to get parts by other means! :(

no car needs a cat by law even post aug 92. the reason a cat is fitted is to pass the more stringent tests after this date, especially in other countries.

pre aug 92- 3% is ok to pass just. should be think 1.2-1.5%

post 92- oops 4-gas.