junkie

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

Hey I don't mean to be a complete newbie here but im thinking of buying a project shell corrado and It doesn't have an engine or tranny and i really would want to do the 1.8t conversion but I don't know really exactly what I'm really going to need. I know im going to need ad engine and tranny and a turbo kit clutch fly wheel all that stuff but what I'm really looking for is a list possibly of all the parts that are going to be required to complete a project like this and hopefully the best bang for my buck im not really trying to make a rocket ship or anything any help would be greatly apreciated

Have a small, hope it's small problem with my new 1.8 Turbo.

Car drives well except one moments on every single gear. When car is going over about 5000 rpm is starting shooting in exhaust and stooping accelerating. Its happening on every single gear. Have You spot it before ?? Have You got idea what could it be ??

I'm thinking it could be a fuel pump, it means there is not enough pressure and engine is not getting enough fuel under high acceleration.

Any idea ??

yeah emu sorry, if the car is misfiring and backfiring under hard acceleration at about 5000 rpm, it is almost certainly the coil packs that are failing. which engine code is it?

i paid about £30 for each coil pack from VW last year.

it can be a pain trying to find which one it is, a process of trial and error. i just replaced all 4 and was done with it!

I had replace 4 coils and 4 new NGK spark plugs and nothing helped. Any idea ?? Please.

yeah emu sorry, if the car is misfiring and backfiring under hard acceleration at about 5000 rpm, it is almost certainly the coil packs that are failing. which engine code is it?

Maybe the MAF or N75 valve.

Its running on Qpeng and has no MAF :confused4:

N75J already ordered, need replace and we will see..... hope my car starts driving as should.

it might be worth giving ben at qpeng a call and see if he can recommend any tests for you

Maybe the MAF or N75 valve.

Its running on Qpeng and has no MAF :confused4:

N75J already ordered, need replace and we will see..... hope my car starts driving as should.

How old is your lambda sensor, and is it a good quality one? On my friend's car, which also runs the QPEng MBE ecu, he found when his lambda semi-died, that his fuelling went wrong, resulting in the car missing under load. I presume, but don't know, that the lambda is used for fuel trimming the open loop settings too, so if the sensor is defective, but not totally dead, the fuelling is upset.

Forgot to tell You that I've resolve a problem long time ago. Was very easy to fix but very hard to find. Bad set up of actuator which was giving to much turbo pressure and ecu was cutting off everything. Now car is flying and has many unnecessary new parts :)

scince doing my conversion ive noticed that the boost spikes, drops down a bit and then settles.

I run a qpeng, k03s and bigger injectors

does this sound normal or do you think my actuator is faulty? Ive tried 2 boost controls valves and it appears the same on both unless they have the same fault?

cheers

Ollie

Its how it will be mapped to run most likely, alot of tuners spike the turbo for an initial boost surgr that quickly dies.

I have a K03s on an ARY in the TT mapped by Jabba and that holds a prety constant 1.3bar @ 220 ish bhp and same torque.

What power have you got and what boost you running.

sorry to but in, just a quickie - im popping down to custom code in the next few days, and im not shure if the car has already been mapped. will they be able to tell me ? also what should i expect to get for the phaze one? manny thanks, mistrall.

When i spoke to JBS about the custom code 1, they told me 210bhp and 240lbft torque, his words were and i quote

"We spike the turbo to 1.6bar

Not how i personally like it as it will feel rapid initially but then it will feel like it dies higher up the rev range, but lots of people are happy with it that way, you may find the throttle feathering a little more difficult. It pushes the turbo very hard that way and it will take life out of it and it WILL die sooner, not trying to put you off, go for it i say, like i said lots of people are happy that way and generally only hear good things.

I poped down to see them yesterday and the chap was verry pleasent, he semed to think that it would be a progresave map rather than a punch in the face, he had a look at what had been done to the car already and he recons he could squeeze around 240 out of her. soulds alot to me but hey - gna try it out and see what happens. :) wish me luck lol.

i'm lookin at getting the 20vt conversion done to my 1.816v corrado, where are the best places to take my car for this conversion? and what price would i expect to pay for it?

i'd be looking to just drop it off and pick it up finished, i have seen £4750 quoted by tsr, i could almost get a tt or s3 for that price, is their anywhear more reasonable and recomended.

i'm lookin at getting the 20vt conversion done to my 1.816v corrado, where are the best places to take my car for this conversion? and what price would i expect to pay for it?

i'd be looking to just drop it off and pick it up finished, i have seen £4750 quoted by tsr, i could almost get a tt or s3 for that price, is their anywhear more reasonable and recomended.

Buy my 20vt for 3500, sell yours one and put saved money in my car and you will get very mint corrado for lowest price than yours conversion.

Buy my 20vt for 3500, sell yours one and put saved money in my car and you will get very mint corrado for lowest price than yours conversion.

where is your car so i can have a look? to be honest i really want to do it to my car, it's my first car and i'm quite attatched to it, it used to be a bit of a shed, now it just needs engine and brakes and i will be finished (so i tell myself)

i really like the diamond metallic colour and i prefer the dash and front end of the early corrado.

Its how it will be mapped to run most likely, alot of tuners spike the turbo for an initial boost surgr that quickly dies.

I have a K03s on an ARY in the TT mapped by Jabba and that holds a prety constant 1.3bar @ 220 ish bhp and same torque.

Im not sure what the power is as ive yet to rolling road or dyno or anything like that, my boost gauge probably spikes to about 17-18psi then dips to about 15 then holds about 16ish..

this seems ok?

Im not sure what the power is as ive yet to rolling road or dyno or anything like that, my boost gauge probably spikes to about 17-18psi then dips to about 15 then holds about 16ish..

this seems ok?

thats normal mate dont worry

hi there av gotta 20l 16v an am convertin it to a 20v turbo out of a golf , av got the full car will i need to by owt eles an wat hubs an legs do i use ?? please help or i wil end up swapin it 4 a cheese butty lol sound

hi there av gotta 20l 16v an am convertin it to a 20v turbo out of a golf , av got the full car will i need to by owt eles an wat hubs an legs do i use ?? please help or i wil end up swapin it 4 a cheese butty lol sound

Christ man. I think with starting in English may help people to help you out. :shrug:

I think you asking about the wheel hubs and suspension uprights there and if you have the 9A engine i think im right in saying you can just use your standard gearbox on the 1.8t so wont need to change the suspension/hubs etc. Im not a pro like many of the people on here but have recently finished this conversion on a 2l 16v and is now a sweet motor. A few things depend on what golf you have to start with though. I guess you want to stay with standard management? We used Qpeng management but having now done the job could quite easily run the standard management with an unlocked ecu.

Anyway, here is the place to ask the questions for any help you need. Just speak plain English and you will be well away. Cheers

just got a phase 2 (from standard) from custom code at gti inters - all i can say is wow!peakes quite high and then levls off - - just wanted to express my exitment on it, its like going from a quite fast car to - hang on! although i buggered my 1/4 mile time as i came strait from the coders and went to try it and just span the wheels all over :( think i got a 7 or somthing lol (and went in the wrong lane) hehe

Cool sounds like you are well happy, just watch out for your turbo life been shortened if its peaking in the 1.5+ bar