junkie

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

i have a spare brand new 16v radiator, and im looking to get 200 - 225 bhp from the AGU all depending on turbo, but since this wil be a daily driver for a while, i don't want to blow the head. Does the 16v radiator fit in the engine bay with an AGU?

obviously the pipe connections are the wrong side how much of a problem does this make?

there is also alot of talk regarding a VR6 with slim line fans??? what fans are these?

realisticly what sort of power would i get from a agu with a ko3, using a vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel? it is a given that the engine runs 180 with the qpeng remap but due to the car being precat i can a decat pipe. how will this affect the power?

thanks again for any help / guidence

Dave

For the 16v rad the lower pipe is in the right place, the needs to be on the oppsoite side. Same prob but vice versa with the VR6/rallye rad, custom would be the way to go. If I had to redo mine I would have gone custom to cut down on the cost of silicone pipes and joiners etc. The 16v rad should more than cope with the heat, have seen a 1.3 rad used on a remapped BAM engine :scratch: and the guy said it was fine.....funny thing was his turbos water lines were not connected either :scratch:

Power wise aim for 180, car varys day day tbh, you can feel the car pull alot harder on cold wet days, the VR clutch should be fine, would not reccomened for anything over 200 as it does occasionaly slip. The best thing would be to get the car up and running and then get it re-mapped to suit the parts you have used for your build, as the QPE is too generic. Mine needs setting up properly and will prob take it to the Phirm as I have heard nothing but good things about the work they have done.

Hope this helps.

use your original rad or get a g60 corrado one, just make the pipework fit.

the qpeng will give you about 210-220bhp out of the box with the early K03. fit a later K03 and see 220-230bhp out of the box. with some mapping work (not necessary but not a bad thing) i am runnig 250bhp with a late K03 turbo.

i run a Vr6 clutch with no problem (touch wood)

thanks for the above help, fingerscrossed it should be finished in the next couple of months ready for the cold winter air :D

thanks for the above help, fingerscrossed it should be finished in the next couple of months ready for the cold winter air :D

couple of months?! it doesn't take that long!

the garage is doing the work as i have the money, and my shit company is again making redundancies, so i havn't been to see the garage in a while :(

the garage is doing the work as i have the money, and my **** company is again making redundancies, so i havn't been to see the garage in a while :(

gutted mate. it will be worth it though, i promise!

hi every one

i am not far from putting my AYP engine into the raddo. and t5he engine has a vacum resevoir sitting on top of the rocker cover i was told this can be moved elsewhere is there anyone out there whos had to do this, if so is there a prefered area or can i put it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated

Hello

im planning on putting a 20vt into my raddo in the near future.

i have been looking at the openg system and have a couple of questions about it:

-does it use a new ecu that h is ready mapped or just allow you to use the original (original 20vt ecu) without the imobilaser problems?

-if its a new ecu what type of power output does it give?

i can get hold of an engine, box and loom that allows you to use the standard 20vt ecu for 1500 or 2000 with the s3 engine!

the other choice i have is to buy a full car (seen a suitable mk4 goof) get a wire diagram from vw and create my own loom (my brother is a dab hand with car electrics!), then sell the rest on ebay to put towards the build and custom remap!

Any advice is welcom :grin:

The QPE kit is a separate ECU already mapped and is geared towards making the conversion as simple as possible and still using vw sensors etc I think.

The donor car route or full engine and loom and ECU may be a better way to do it of your looking for factory look to the install. You would need to defeat the ECU immobiliser if you not fitting the full clocks and ignition and key for full factory operation then you obviously want to factor on getting that mapped as well as you sound like that's the way your going.

qpeng use MBE engine management which is stand alone. it uses the original lambda probe, coolent temp sensor, air intake sensor, throttle position switch and crank position switch. you need to install a MAP sensor on top.

they have maps to suit whichever engine you put in, but expect around 270bhp for a K04 turbo engine. the maps are pretty conservative and safe, but very well executed all the same.

ive done a few conversions now and have used qpeng everytime, its just so easy!

its all startin to make sense now, but:

-what is the differance between the ko4 and ko3? (bigger turbo and injectors?)

-would it be ok to get a ko3 (if i geta ko3!) and then strap a bigger tubo and injectors on in the future when i have funds for a custom remap?

I think ill go down the qpeng rout just for the simplicity of it all!

sorry if im pesterin but like to know what im takin on! cheers for the info :clap:

The basic difference between a k04 engine and a k03 engine is the turbo, injectors and manifold. Qpeng charge about £50 if you needed a different map at a later date.

There are different variations on the engines aswell. Some have big port heads, some have forged internals and some run variable valve timing.

If you get a post 2002 k03 engine it will have the later k03 turbo which makes more power than an early k03.

Go have a look at the software kev. It's called easimap 5 and you can download it off the net. Don't think its a diet version

The basic difference between a k04 engine and a k03 engine is the turbo, injectors and manifold. Qpeng charge about £50 if you needed a different map at a later date.

There are different variations on the engines aswell. Some have big port heads, some have forged internals and some run variable valve timing.

If you get a post 2002 k03 engine it will have the later k03 turbo which makes more power than an early k03.

cheers bud :salute:

sure ill be back with more noob questions soon :wink:

I wondered if you could get away with removing the N75 valve and run a manual boost controller without getting any check engine lights or issues when Qpeng is used? Also the K04 bolts straight to a K03 manifold right?

I wondered if you could get away with removing the N75 valve and run a manual boost controller without getting any check engine lights or issues when Qpeng is used? Also the K04 bolts straight to a K03 manifold right?

You won't get problems with a manual boost controller. I think there is provision for that.

No a k04 won't bolt to a k03 manifold

well im now nearing the end of my epicly long build, but how do i go about registering the engine change? thanks agaiin for any advice

Dave