junkie

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

Lol, even i read it as side mount.

Its not so much as what it can make though as you know its maintaining that over the course of prolonged boost use.

was just wondering if anyone was using a front mount in front of the rad and the rough size just to make it a bit easyer iv seen alot on ebay and was just looking for rough dimensions..been a bit lazy realy as i can easy measure it when the lumps in,but i wondered what sort of size you need for around 270bhp using a ko4, a tiny one isnt gona be mutch use, like say 600mmx200x65 be up to it?

im just waiting for my loom back from qpeng and then il see how it goes :D

was just wondering if anyone was using a front mount in front of the rad and the rough size just to make it a bit easyer iv seen alot on ebay and was just looking for rough dimensions..been a bit lazy realy as i can easy measure it when the lumps in,but i wondered what sort of size you need for around 270bhp using a ko4, a tiny one isnt gona be mutch use, like say 600mmx200x65 be up to it?

im just waiting for my loom back from qpeng and then il see how it goes :D

One like this??

DSC03087.jpg

yea just the job,wheres that number from? you have two different outlets on that? i dont wanna cut my origional bumper,if you could tell me the sizes of that and where you got it would be a great help :D

yea just the job,wheres that number from? you have two different outlets on that? i dont wanna cut my origional bumper,if you could tell me the sizes of that and where you got it would be a great help :D

PM'd You the number!

ARX engine going in. just mapped for starters, will probably go K04 next year when funds are more plentiful. 230bhp will do for a start :)

guys , were do i get a 20vt badge? should i go to seat do you think ? all i have is a corrado turbo badge atm lol

Seat are the only cars badged at 20VT, Leon IIRC!

Hey guys, ive finally sourced my engine etc for this conversion, its an engine from a seat cupra & i have the clocks, ecu, etc etc.& also have access to the rest of whats left of the car, almost immediately im faced with a bit of a dilema, do i run standard management as ideally i would still like to pull fault codes etc & the fact i have it all here for no extra cost? or do i run aftermarket such as Qpeng?

Does anyone know if i can run standard management & still do away with the drive by wire throttle? If i cant then i assume i would need the whole pedal box from the donor car?

Its going into a 95 rado valver

Please help im choking to get started :D

The effort required to run the standard 20v management is so much more but the outcome will be a much more reliable fully sorted car, so i say if you have it all and for free then you would be daft to not use it.

If you want rid of DBW then you can use a diff throttle body, not entirely sure which 1 but i believe its off a mk3, then get the ECU docoded of the immobiliser circuit, so all you would need to do is fit the engine, ECU and loom without the need for the keys and ignition.

I'm not sure exactly how the VW ECU works, but with my experience if you were to fit a wired throttle body onto an ECU that expects to see an electronic throttle, the ECU will be likely to limit engine speed etc as with the Electronic throttle you'll have two pedal position pots that supply and arbitrated position to the ECU and there will be two throttle position sensors built in the throttle body to supply the ECU with an arbitrated throttle position. The wired throttles will normally only have one throttle position sensor, so the ECU will only see 1 out of 4 sensors that it expects. I might be better to get hold of an ECU,throttle body and wiring loom of an early mk4 Golf, and get it remapped.

Other than that find a pedal box from an equivalent car that has the accelerator pedal position pots and retain the DBW throttle.

high guys, one little question, how much power can you get from a stock 20V engine, using tweaked induction / IC /exhaust, modes etc, running 1 Bar of boost no more...

regards

DJ

Based on rough figured for my Leon...

It made 196bhp with intake and exhaust mods at about 9 PSI (0.62 bar), and 242bhp after the remap at about 19 PSI (1.3 bar). So, at 14.5 PSI (1 bar) I'd expect around 220bhp.

do you guys find it trickey to get the power down with the weather lately? feeels like im on a snowmobile sometimes with all the wheel spinning lol .

Yes i so i turn the boost down, thats the good thing with high power turbos against high power superchargers.

Best thing you can do is invest in some good tyres learn to feather in the throttle.

Yeah, trying to get the beef down this time of year is slightly comical :-) My front tyres are about 1mm off the wear markers, which isn't helping.

Cheers for the input guys,

on the basis i cant do away with DBW & run standard ecu i will definetly be going down the standalone route then i think(can anyone 100% confirm this is the case), even though i have the full donor car it would all be a bit of a struggle for me i think to fit the whole loom+clocks, pedal box etc, i trained as a mechanic many years ago(not on the tools now) but electrics side of things have never been my strong point so a simple plug & play & an additional throttle body i can live with, one other thing i was going to ask was what box should i use? i know i can use the original valver box but as i have the box in the cupra should i just use that?

Cheers for the input guys,

on the basis i cant do away with DBW & run standard ecu i will definetly be going down the standalone route then i think(can anyone 100% confirm this is the case), even though i have the full donor car it would all be a bit of a struggle for me i think to fit the whole loom+clocks, pedal box etc, i trained as a mechanic many years ago(not on the tools now) but electrics side of things have never been my strong point so a simple plug & play & an additional throttle body i can live with, one other thing i was going to ask was what box should i use? i know i can use the original valver box but as i have the box in the cupra should i just use that?

It's not difficult to utilise the DBW throttle and std management! Thats what mine is using. You would have to fabricate a mounting plate for the pedal but that isn't too difficult! Seems daft to spend extra cash on a Stand alone ECU and a cable throttlebody when you could use the cash for a remap or a custom FMIC!

The guy who did my loom can make you a plug and play one, cost you roughly £450, thats with the ECU de-transponded aswell! He can even wire it so it uses your existing clocks! (You do need a Jabba Sport Gadget for this to work about £50)

You don't need to change the pedal box as you already have a hydraulic clutch, and you can use the 1.8T box by simply changing the output flanges for MK4 110TDi ones!

Thats how mine has been done and it looks very factory!

PM me if you want the loom guys number!

HTH Steve.

It's not difficult to utilise the DBW throttle and std management! Thats what mine is using. You would have to fabricate a mounting plate for the pedal but that isn't too difficult! Seems daft to spend extra cash on a Stand alone ECU and a cable throttlebody when you could use the cash for a remap or a custom FMIC!

The guy who did my loom can make you a plug and play one, cost you roughly £450, thats with the ECU de-transponded aswell! He can even wire it so it uses your existing clocks! (You do need a Jabba Sport Gadget for this to work about £50)

You don't need to change the pedal box as you already have a hydraulic clutch, and you can use the 1.8T box by simply changing the output flanges for MK4 110TDi ones!

Thats how mine has been done and it looks very factory!

PM me if you want the loom guys number!

HTH Steve.

P.M. sent

i used the qpeng kit which uses stand alone managment (already remapped), a cable thottle body and the standards clocks, fuseboard etc. so no need to modify pedal boxes or any signal convertors. did all the wiring myself (not as bad as you may think) and the stuff cost about 800 quid for the managment and throttle body. not bad at all as its already remapped. it only took me about 6 hours to convert the wiring looms

QPE do but i dont think its corrado specific, Heard the MK2 downpipe they do will fit ok.

You could go to a custom exhaust maker and get 1 done for £100-£150