Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Jedi-Knight's new M3... page 11

looks well sweet mate..........can see how kevhaywire thinks its possibly a storm too.............looks soooo much like mine did before getting the coilies

I took the badges off at the weekend and i have some "trim" double sided tape to put em back when its not frosty!!

I'm still undecided about the suspension and wheels. seeing as i got these so cheap and the tyres on them are brand new i'll probably try and lowerer it sooner rather than later and then when these tyres wear out look for a set of 17"s.

how long should michelin pilots last in an ideal world? i dont usually push it round corners too hard...

looks well sweet mate..........can see how kevhaywire thinks its possibly a storm too.............looks soooo much like mine did before getting the coilies

I took the badges off at the weekend and i have some "trim" double sided tape to put em back when its not frosty!!

I'm still undecided about the suspension and wheels. seeing as i got these so cheap and the tyres on them are brand new i'll probably try and lowerer it sooner rather than later and then when these tyres wear out look for a set of 17"s.

how long should michelin pilots last in an ideal world? i dont usually push it round corners too hard...

get it dropped!.....makes the wheels look less lost and gives it a better stance/look too.....not too mention the better handling :wink: ..........and of course no need to change for 17's......as for tyres i put on my Goodyear's almost 18 months/15+k miles ago and they are still going strong

just fitted all the suspension. happy and sad now. the camber on the front looks absolute crap. (can it be adjusted???) happy cause the rear is a little lower and i still have a couple of notches to go so it can go lower still (if it doesnt settle by istelf)

just annoyed about that front camber (you cant really see in the pics and its too dark now to take another)

oh and it probably doesnt look much lower yet...needs to settle :roll:

After fitting new suspension you should always have full wheel alignment carried out for tracking and camber, should be fine once its done. Looks much better 8)

its lookin sweet bud :D

Rear can take a while to drop, so you might be clicking down some notches before ya know it :lol:

as OSV rightly says......you should get the geometry done ASAP.....tho leave the car to settle a wee bit first......also i wouldn't be too enthusiastic with your driving til the geometry is done.......cos the settings will be more than likely well over the place.....and i can tell you that you can have some "pant-filling" moments being a bit too adventurous til thats done :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:

Do you need to replace both sections of the rear top mount btw? I notice you've all the parts there in the first pic.

I have the lower mounting bush (the larger one) - I'd assumed this was the one that carries the weight of the car, so just to replace this one.

Do you need to replace both sections of the rear top mount btw?

no, you could probably just do the lower one. my upper one wasnt to worn

the rears already look lower than they did last night so i will see what there like at the weekend and iff needed drop another notch....if i get the geometry done early this week ....and then change the backs again at the weekend... that wont matter will it??? i mean it wont affect any camber or anything silly like that.

the fronts look so crap right now! the top of the wheel is sitting in much further than i expected and much further than i have seen on other lowered vr6's. but doing the camber will only bring the bottom in wont it??? not the top out!

ta

Then im doing the simple things like Lupo wipers

Can someone explain to me the difference between our stock wipers and Lupo jobbies?

Can someone explain to me the difference between our stock wipers and Lupo jobbies?

the lupo ones work, our stock ones dont :)

look in the 'lupo gti wiper' thread in the body mods section and all will be explained

Lookin good mate - mines still a bit high at the front but seems to be settlling nicely, what are you measurements from ground to the arch lip?

Where abouts did you get your suspension kit from and how much did you pay :?:

I was under the impression that the kits were about £650-700 but i've found quite a few for about £450 :|

right im trying to merge a couple of my threads so these pics are a repeat of what has been seen before...

Well i have finally pulled my finger out and booked my car in for some tidy up work.

several spots of rust on the body, colour coded number plate surround and a new exhaust and a new Kamei eyebrow and a black VW badge.

Here are the pics. Before on the left After on the right.

th_01-nearsidereararchscratches_rust.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork10.jpg

th_02-nearsidedoorrust.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork12.jpg

th_03-nearsidedoorrustinside.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork14.jpg

(im told the rust left on the bottom of the door is nothing to worry about :roll: )

th_04-nearsidewingrust1.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork9.jpg

th_05-nearsidewingrust2.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork8.jpg

th_06-offsidebumperscrape.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork4.jpg

th_07-offsidefrontarchrust.jpg AFTER > th_afterwork2.jpg

th_10-exhaustbefore1.jpg EXHAUST >th_DSCF1311.jpg

th_11-exhaustbefore2.jpg EXHAUST >th_DSCF1309.jpg

th_12-exhaustbefore3.jpg EXHAUST >th_DSCF1308.jpg PAINT > th_afterwork.jpg

There all updated...just need to finish my rear lights now!

all work was done by the guy that sprayed my old CRX and was £450

My new Kamei grill (thanks to banana man)....needs painting still but just wanted to get the fitting holes in the right place first!! Gonna look cool i reckon 8)

oh the yellow is because banana man had it all painted ready for fitting...partyly rubbed down now...my mate at the body shop will finish it off though.

th_Corraado28_8_041.jpg

th_Corraado28_8_042.jpg

fitting was pretty easy actually... just got 4 screws in at the moment but i'll do a couple more after its all painted up.

th_Corraado28_8_044.jpg

and the biggest change (and the most exciting for me :lol: ) will be under here

th_Corraado28_8_048.jpg th_Schrickfitted4.jpg

its all coming together..... slowly!!! :mad: UPS cocked up on the delivery of my schrick again today!! fingers crossed for tomorrow

anyway here is one more peice of the puzzle :lol:

OLD th_DSCF1312.jpg NEW th_VTfrontmount.jpg

fitting was pretty easy actually... just got 4 screws in at the moment but i'll do a couple more after its all painted up.

Jedi, I'll give the Kamei instructions to Kev tomorrow, they show you exactly where to put the holes...

Jedi, I'll give the Kamei instructions to Kev tomorrow, they show you exactly where to put the holes...

ok thanks...but i think the ones i did were all in pretty good places...would be good to see where they ACTUALLY should go though :lol:

schrick arrived today...i'll post some pics up when i get home....although you all know what one looks like by now :lol: had to pay a stupid import charge but even with that i got it for £621 all bits included. not quite as cheap as i first hoped but its done now...no sending it back... :lol:

being fitted sunday 8)