Sign in to follow this  
TimothyClaypole

VR6 sell or break?

I bought a VR6 as a non runner on here a while ago but should be working on my house project not cars...

I don't have the time the do anything with it anymore with work etc. Given the current low prices should I sell as complete or try and find some time to break it.

It's not taxed/tested but I sorted the non starting problem(s), can leave it two/three weeks and it's start first time now. I've replaced all the lights, changed the oil, replaced bits of trim, faulty blower motor etc.

Hmm, another crippled defenceless unloved corrado on the brink of leaving this mortal coil. sluurp,I'll just get me talons sharpened and vulture wings drycleaned and join the other two circling overhead.

If it's Aqua Blue then definitely break it!

(vultures circling)

i'd agree with Bojmobile.....but only if the rear bumper is good :lol:

I think any VR6 that will stand idle for 2-3 weeks and THEN START without any assistance must have so many electrical faults that it's not worth fixing!! ;)

Dont break the poor old beast tot up roughly what you would get for parts then divide that by utter ball ache

of stripping her and dealing with people over price/delivery/hassle for not getting back to them quick enough :?

Its just not worth it! Give her a chance of a new owner who will love and cherish thier new Corrado 8)

Just my two pennith

whats the mileage?

Service history?

body work condition?

if it is a genuine car then i would sel her instead of breaking... it is alot kinder allround!! :)

Please don't start dibbing for parts guys or the thread gets locked!

sorry jim :oops:

only having a bit of banter....and i'd like to see it saved as well :D

I agree with DanVW - breaking it could be more hassle than it's worth and drag on for ages. But obviously if it's got serious faults then that may be your only option - but if it runs and drives then it can't be that bad, cant it?

Thanks for the replays.

As regards driving - it's was a few years since my last VR6 but god does it go like stink. :-)

It's not mint but it's not a wreck.

I ripped out all the non VW wiring and resoldered and heatshrinked it all back togther, replaced the front lenses, fogs, new badges, new gearknob and gator, new plugs, oil change, original grill rather than the unbadged one etc.

I've a spare set of standard alloys I was going to refurb and fit new tyres to as I like to know where and when my tyres came from as it were. New Bently manual, even have a new Ipod compat. stereo for it.

Needs the door cards/membrane replacing then see what an MOT brings up.

I'm working 8-7 and Saturdays so have no time to do anything with it and hate it sitting there unused.

I would break it but that's far too much hassle even if more money. I only paid £1600.00 for it in the first place.

The sad thing is at the moment you can get one with tax and test for less than £1600 :(

I would just get a price on it and try to get shot of it (particularly in your circumstances) :)

My dad took it for an MOT today while I was at work.

Failed on rear number plate light inoperative, looks like the wiring needs soldering he said.

Both rear wheel bearings have excessive play?

Front lights not working on switch but do work when ignition is on?

Advisory on a rear brake pipe a bit corroded and that's all so better than I expected.

Passed the emissions too, runs ok but it sounds like it's "missing" or something.