__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

well been on here a few months now and thought its finally time to make a thread bout my rado :D

have had the car for almost 18 months but have only just got round to getting it back on the road in the last 4 months due to be unemployed for a few months and being v v skint!:( . so here goes, i got the car from a good friend (and old rugby coach), it had been stood for around 3 months and had little tax and m.o.t left on it, overheated almost straight away so needed a new fan switch. the tax etc ran out so i sorned the car and promised myself id get it all fixed up.

so months later after storing it in a mates factory i got it back to my rents and the fun began as they say :lol:

pic of the car when i got it,( please excuse the body kit, that was soon to come off)...ETKA Corrado.pdfcorrado 001.jpg[/attachment:18mao88t]

so theres a lot of history with my car, thousands and thousands spent with a well known company but not the best workmanship. when i got it there was a golf mk3 dash installed (allbeit ducked taped together) so this had to go, upon removal off the dash (well it just fell out) i then discovered much to my horror that the electrics had all been cut and changed to accomadate the goof dash, great! was at this point that i was about ready to put it up for sale. my dad managed to talk me back into carrying on with it and im glad he did, so got a corrado dash and all the electrics required including new heater box and matrix, basically everything in the dash and behind it and restored it back to original.stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfP7300279.JPG[/attachment:18mao88t]

dash outCorrado92.pdfP7300291.JPG[/attachment:18mao88t]

rado dash going inpassat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorrado 035.jpg[/attachment:18mao88t]

and completed rado dash with heater working!!climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado 006.jpg[/attachment:18mao88t]

after sorting the dash out we discovered that it had a leak, basically the plastic cover that sits in the scuttle on the passenger side was missing, had been removed by said company and never out back,fantastic. so decided to take he interior out, dry it out clean it etc etc. managed to pick up another interior from a local scrappy v v cheap, even tho my origninal interior wasnt in bad condition. so replaced the drivers side bolster and put the interior back in all clean and tidy.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado 026.jpg[/attachment:18mao88t]

corrado 031.jpg[/attachment:18mao88t]

just realised im missing a load of pics of the dash and interior... will add those pics later

next job was to get rid of that awful body kit, managed to sell the bumper and side skirts for £50 so that paid for the replacement front bumper,(cheers danvw) happydays

:lol:

got the front bumper off to find a lil rust lol, as would be expected for a car this age, so treated it with hammerite..

images are too big so will update this later...tanks for reading this farr guys. comments and questions are appreciated.. :( :( :(

Edited by __Andy__

Good to see you have stuck with it and got rid of the bad bits especially the Mk3 dash, how somebody can choose that over 1 of my favourite parts of a Corrado i will never know.

Good to see you have stuck with it and got rid of the bad bits especially the Mk3 dash, how somebody can choose that over 1 of my favourite parts of a Corrado i will never know.

i know, madness eh? i give my mate s**t bout it all the time plus the fact it cost him £800 to have it done.

Good work!

Glad to hear you ditched the bodykit! :pukeright:

Good luck with the rest of it... :D

cheers dude, got a few more bits to update so will do them later..

how easy was it removing and re-fitting the carpet?

not that hard if im honest, just take your time with it. i certainly wouldnt hesitate to take it out again just to clean it.

the front seats are only bolted in with one bolt so come out easy enough, the rear bench is simple too and then its just a case of taking the centre tunnel out (be carefull not to break any clips etc) then take all the footwell covers off and should just be a few clips from there on in. dont think ive missed anything obvious....

will update later, got a shed load of pics

update,

so got on with taking that horror of a bodykit off, there was a little bit of surface rust on the drivers side sill as the skirt had come away but its not too bad to be honest and the rest of the car has pretty much no rust so happy wit that..

pic of the rear with the valance taken off, looks a lot btter imo..Corrado92.pdfcorrado 008.jpg[/attachment:2vy5smrw]

and a pic of the car before the kit came off..passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorrado 003.jpg[/attachment:2vy5smrw]

after taking the front bumper of, which was a nightmare as had to undo the irons that bolt to the bumper irons rather then undoing the iron that sits in the bumper. found that there was a fair bit of rust so tackled it with a couple of coats of hammerite....climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado 010.jpg[/attachment:2vy5smrw]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado 012.jpg[/attachment:2vy5smrw]

just got to put a couple of coats of black hammerite on top and it will be finished.

with the bumper off am going to replace the power steering pump as it is very noisy (the belts are all aligned properly)

replace the fan switch, put new g12 coolant in and once its been m.o.t.ed will give it a tune hopefully with the help of goldie.

pic of car as it is at the mo, looking a bit tatty..corrado 014.jpg[/attachment:2vy5smrw]

only other jobs to do at the mo are as follows: need to replace passenger side door rubbers as when it was resprayed they werent re-fitted properly, take the spoiler off give it a good clean, fit lupo wipers and original rado linkage and thats it for now (i think).

have been budgeting this quite well as most parts that have been taken off have funded other parts needed, i have a list of items ive bought and sold including: interior (front and rear seats and door cards), clocks, complete dashboard including heater unit and matrix, complete rear lights, front bumper and irons, 2x 90ml splitters and a 50ml splitter, drivers side indicator, lupo wiper arms and aero blades, rado wiper linkage, scuttle cover, gear lever surround, mfa and indicator stalks, steering wheel shroud, vw mats, fan switch, power steering pump, front bumper brackets, 2x parcel shelves, porsche d'90s, 2x sets of metal porsche centre caps, 4x dunlop sp2000 205/45/16 tyres, theres loads more but can think of them at the mo.

have sold a few bits from the rado and other bits that ive picked up at scrappys so am fixing my rado up for a very good price, without this forum id of been lost and would of deffo sold the rado. i have to give a huge thankyou to GOLDIE hes been a legend in getting parts that ive needed and helping me solve various problems that ive had, a big thanks to DANVW aswell for sorting me out with a bumper and irons.

still got a fair amount to do before it will be back on the road but its slowly getting there, hopefully next year will see some changes. ive planned to have a respray by DTS early next year as the paintwork is not the best in places, will get the d90's and oz's refurbed and fit some coilovers with a 60ml drop,(currently have koni and eibach suspension on a 40ml drop and its quite firm), and ive got a couple of sets of rear lights that i will be spraying red as i think it would work quite well with the colour of my c. think ill be happy then, the car already has audi handles and a tt filler cap which if im honest im not a huge fan of but i geuss its fairly kool and would cost farr too much to be restroed back to orginal.

thats it for now guys.. will hopefully have more updates this weekend if the weather holds out......

cheers andy

Coming along nicely, already a much better car than when i first saw it, just stick with it and you will get there..

Remember not to listen to your old man too much though mate, being sensible and Corrados doesnt go..

Coming along nicely, already a much better car than when i first saw it, just stick with it and you will get there..

Remember not to listen to your old man too much though mate, being sensible and Corrados doesnt go..

cheers buddy much appreciated, the old mans got reasoning but like you said sensible+corrado isnt the best of combinations :lol:

Nice work there!

What was the original colour? Looks like a Metallic Green!

i had thought that it may of been oak green as its an early valver (no sunroof :D ), but im pretty sure its just the standard metallic green. the car has been sprayed twice as it was totally messed up the first time, the second spray still wasnt the best and is quite bad in places. if anyone wants to know what colour it is its alfa nuovolla blue

It won't have been oak green mate, they never made a rado in that colour. Looks like you've got your work cut out anyway :)

It won't have been oak green mate, they never made a rado in that colour. Looks like you've got your work cut out anyway :)

ahh i see, still learning the world that is corrados :lol:

your right, deffo have my work cut out but its slowly getting there, will hopefully make it to some shows next year.. :D

Its LC6V, the early Pearl Green..

I was under the impression that early cars, and there are very few can be found in Oak Green...

I was under the impression that early cars, and there are very few can be found in Oak Green...

cheers dude, your a pearl of wisdom... do like the oak green tho, v smart

Very very few, in fact, none :)

There's a guy on here who's had his late VR6 painted oak green, and it looks awesome! but that's the only rado in that colour that I know of, no rados left the factory in oak green AFAIK..

/geek :oops:

Thats not the one i meant.. (EDIT my bad mate, ive seen that one but i mean a Vlaver that was in the for sale for a while)..

The new colour is an Alfa colour..

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15319

^^ This one? looks like it's a private plate dude?

Anyway, whatever green this valver was, it aint green anymore :)

Have you got the paint code for the new colour veedub21?

its alfa/fiat nuovolla blue. took my mate ages to get the exact paint code for it as theres a few differnt nuovolla blues. the paint code for my nuovolla blue is 414b.

the pictures dont do it justice, its silver,sky blue with a hint of gold.

this oak green seems to be causing a stir, im sure i saw an early valver in oak green on here a while back...

Cool, was just checking you had the paint code as I had a G40 in a non-original and non-vag colour years ago and it was a PITA to find :)

Again, if you've seen an oak green corrado, it's been re-painted that colour as none left the factory in oak green. I'm not meaning to cause a stir at all, just stating facts :lol:

Feel free to check the rado paint codes etc fella, i'm sure you won't find oak green in there. There was a colour called 'dunklegrun' or something,that was only on early valvers and fairly rare, that might be the colour you're thinking of.

Not that it really matters :lol:

Again, if you've seen an oak green corrado, it's been re-painted that colour as none left the factory in oak green. I'm not meaning to cause a stir at all, just stating facts :lol:

Feel free to check the rado paint codes etc fella, i'm sure you won't find oak green in there. There was a colour called 'dunklegrun' or something,that was only on early valvers and fairly rare, that might be the colour you're thinking of.

Not that it really matters :lol:

Mate, no intent to stir taken... :)

sorry guys, didnt mean the 'stir' comment so literally, will see if i can find the pick of that green rado.

ive got the paint list as i was toying with the idea of having put back to an original vag colour, really love the ice grey pearl violet..

Looks like Dark Green Metallic LD6U (dunklegrun) to me, allthough I can see why you'd think it was oak green mate! Very nice colour too :)