__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

so the spending continues :lol: ..... just bought some silicone hoses, stainless rohr and stainless isv.

now have a fair few bits lying aroung waiting to go on, hope to get some more work done this weekend, the bumper iron is now fully hammerite'd and ready to go on... just need to fill a few scratches in the bumper and primer it then it will go on.

hope to get most of this done at the weekend so if the weather holds out will have a proper update next week

andy

small update.....

got the front panel painted with black hammerite over the weekend and fitted stainless power rohr and isv.

silicone hoses arrived this morning so will try and get the fan temp switch replaced, new hoses on and refill with new g12 coolant at some stage this week....

will add pics later

I saw the Mk3 dash and thought how good it looked. Will these NOT fit properly? Or was it just a bodge?

Love the color and I think the kit looks good too 8)

Good work fella. It's always annoying when you have to spend time correcting someone else's crap workmanship, to bring it back to standard, when you could spend that time improving things.

Keep going with it. It looks like a nice valver...

Good work fella. It's always annoying when you have to spend time correcting someone else's crap workmanship, to bring it back to standard, when you could spend that time improving things.

Keep going with it. It looks like a nice valver...

cheers dude.it just makes me feel sorry for my mate as he spent a hideous amount of money with said company and the work they did is just awfull.

encouraging comments are just what is needed at the mo, have been ill over crimbo and hoped to get it finished ready for the m.o.t but just hasnt happened.

i now have enough money to get some coilovers, refurb my d90's and get the car resprayed so hopefully by about march time it should be completely finished.

will update more once ive managed to get myself out of bed and go and work on it :lol: ...

cheers andy

So what was the company that butchered the MK3 dash into place?!

Nice work on bringing that valver back.. really.. you must have the patience of a saint!

So what was the company that butchered the MK3 dash into place?!

Nice work on bringing that valver back.. really.. you must have the patience of a saint!

it was awesome gti. may sound bad but wouldnt recommend them to anyone, im sure they do produce good work but not in this case.

as for the patience, well it runs a litle bit thinner everytime i unearth another botched job or fault with the car, ive had it almost 18 months and in that time ive had it on the road for a week :lol: . slowly but surely its getting there, am aiming to have it completely finished by march...

I saw the Mk3 dash and thought how good it looked. Will these NOT fit properly? Or was it just a bodge?

Love the color and I think the kit looks good too 8)

the dash was a complete bodge, a bunch of todlers could of installed it better to be honest.

the mk3 dash would never fit properly in a rado. you would have to do a lot of modification to get it in properly and it just wouldnt be worth it...

top job you have had more patients than i would

good luck with it and hope its levelled out a bit

so you can do some want to jobs not need to jobs

top job you have had more patients than i would

good luck with it and hope its levelled out a bit

so you can do some want to jobs not need to jobs

cheers paul, my patience is wearing thin its letting water into the footwells at the mo, got a rough idea what it is so wil add that to the list of jobs to do along with the pulley on the power steering pump slipping.

i look forward to doing some want to jobs to depending on whats left of te budget after m.o.t, respray etc....

wow fella.. just been reading through yr thread.. well done for taking it on & look forward to seeing it back on the road... 8)

wow fella.. just been reading through yr thread.. well done for taking it on & look forward to seeing it back on the road... 8)

cheers bally much appreciated. hoping to have somewhere to store it soon so i can work on it in the evenings, still aiming for march time.

just finding it difficult to get things done on it coz of work and the weather :( ...

ok so not really an update....

so im rapidly losing my patience with the car, the weathers poop which cannot be helped, ive got nowhere to store the car and protect from the elements and just cant seem to get any work done and even when i do i just enearth more problems..

i opened the car 2day to find mould everywhere from water leaking into the passenger footwell, lost my patience as id only recently finished replacing the dash heating and interior..... i cant get to the bottom of the problem as to where the waters getting in as the weather is so poop.

i really dont know what to do with it, do i soldier on and try n get it finished? or do i cut my losses' and sell it? in which case what would be a gd price to advertise it for?

if only i had somwhere to store it and work on it then id be laughing, have looked pretty much everywhere..

just dont know what to do anymore so any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers andy

so im rapidly losing my patience with the car, the weathers poop which cannot be helped, ive got nowhere to store the car and protect from the elements and just cant seem to get any work done and even when i do i just enearth more problems..

i opened the car 2day to find mould everywhere from water leaking into the passenger footwell, lost my patience as id only recently finished replacing the dash heating and interior..... i cant get to the bottom of the problem as to where the waters getting in as the weather is so poop.

i really dont know what to do with it, do i soldier on and try n get it finished? or do i cut my losses' and sell it? in which case what would be a gd price to advertise it for?

if only i had somwhere to store it and work on it then id be laughing, have looked pretty much everywhere..

cheers andy

I know exactly where you're coming from. I really want to work on my car too (learn to work), but the weather is making that very hard to do.

It seems to me too that the car shows it's age in winter all the more. I haven't washed it in months. Like yours, the footwell is wet from a gubbed windscreen and it is creaking and rattling inside like a erm.. Corrado. And to top it off the old chestnut that is the ABS lightshow has reared it's ugly head again.

All this just makes me more determined to get the car in shape over the coming months. I can't really tell you what to do with yours only you know how much you love :oops: your car. Hopefully you can find somewhere to work on it soon and give it some TLC.

cheers andy

I know exactly where you're coming from. I really want to work on my car too (learn to work), but the weather is making that very hard to do.

It seems to me too that the car shows it's age in winter all the more. I haven't washed it in months. Like yours, the footwell is wet from a gubbed windscreen and it is creaking and rattling inside like a erm.. Corrado. And to top it off the old chestnut that is the ABS lightshow has reared it's ugly head again.

All this just makes me more determined to get the car in shape over the coming months. I can't really tell you what to do with yours only you know how much you love :oops: your car. Hopefully you can find somewhere to work on it soon and give it some TLC.

the winter is rubbish fact lol... its just a nightmare as im on a tight budget and thats an understatement!

i love the car to pieces and really want it to be finished but am getting no nearer to seeing the light at the end of the tunnell

its a nightmare and casuing me a real headache..

hi guys......

well theres been pretty much no progress of late as just havent found the time to get any work done on the rado. Am at last settled in a new job so am gona pull my finger out and get the rado back where it belongs on the road.

Hoping to get some work done this weekend, firstly fix the ridiculous leak that is letting water into the car.. refit the now mint interior and fit my lupo wipers which have been sat around for ages.

i will be taking out the masses of stereo equipment and either refitting it as shallow as possible into the boot or selling it, i dont want a massive ice install and still want the boot to be usuable.

still have an issue with the power steering squealing and at worst will have to replace the rack (bad times)

not all is bad though, started her up for the first time in months and she fired up straight away with no hesitation and was idleing better then it ever has done, still running very rich but that will be sorted once it has been fettled with.

two tyres are now dead flat and to be honest probably fit for the bin which is a shame as they have pretty much all their tread left.

still havent got the d-90's refurbed and still havent bought any adaptors. my mum is moaning at me as her greenhouse and shed are full of parts lol!

anyway im slowly gathering the inspiration to get the car done so watch this space for update's...

all the best

Andy

well with the weather bein outrageously good this weekend i managed to get a few things done to the rado.

first task was to set about finding where the leak was, turned out to possibly be the windscreen on the bottom right corner (drivers side) bad times, do not know what the best option with this is?? can anyone help?!!

secondly it was also letting in water through the bottom of the doors, the water will run down the outside of the window in through the window seal and out of the bottom of the door into the car, i think im gona need new door seals and outer window rubbers, again bad times!

only good thing to come from this weekend really was that i now have fully functional lupo wipers, so much better then the single wiper storm conversion that was on there. so if anyone wants a single storm wiper conversion then come get it and its yours for free!

so looks like were finally making some progress, power steering is now fixed. 3 bolts were missing from the power steering pump, hats off to awesome gti again!!

lupo wipers on but not finished yet, orginal corrado bumper on at last.

still a few bits to do but hoping to get more work done soon.

pics of how she looks now.....

pics not brilliant as taken on my phone, will get new pics soon.

Regards,

Andy

ok not much movement on this due to it being wet and bloody cold. have near enough located the leak and it seems to be the screen, chances are it will have to come out and be re-bonded.

once the leak is sorted the interior can go back in. will need new door skins though, anyone know where i can get them from?

am also in the market for another corrado... 16v daily ftw!!

That is all.

i mean its great n all but would it not have been easier to buy a standard rado n make the mods u want? sorry just wondering =]