__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

very nice mate, claying a car tyhat has never been done before makes em look so good! mine is due for another clay just before summer kicks in hope it brings all the shine back out again!

the clay is soo good, ive done three cars this weekend and they all look superb.. did my mums megane gt for her for mothers day and it looks better now then when it left the showroom 2 years ago!!

building quitea significant 'detailing' kit and some productsare unbeliveable, the bilt hamber surfex hd cleaner/degreaser did wonders with my arches..

i been using tesco Daisy APC to do the arches but need something a bit more hardcore i think to get right into 14 years worth of mank!

i been using tesco Daisy APC to do the arches but need something a bit more hardcore i think to get right into 14 years worth of mank!

honestly get the surfex hd degreaser, my arches looked as though it had never been done and it got rid of all of the muck, literally spray it on and then hose it off, agitated with a brush the more stern areas but it really is effortless...

little update on the bordeaux aswell, should be finally picking up a new tailgate for it this weekend and hopefully a full set of sebrings for it too.

its gona go back to completely standard as the old man has shown a bit of interest in it :clap: ..

also sold the grey interior out of it a couple of weeks ago so it now owes me even less money, and my spare black interior will be going in soon..

will get some pics of it once ive made some progress.

well ive had the alpine for best part of three months now and it hasnt missed a beat...

however this morning when i was on my way to a job interview it decided to throw its toys out of the pram, was running like a bag of spanners so pulled over and got the AA out, told them on the fone that it was probably the dizzy. AA guy came out and confirmed that my thoughts were correct, the rotor arm and dizzy was fubarred.

anyway, didnt make it to the job interview but thankfully its been rescheduled to next week, my heart dropped when it broke down all i could hear was the sound of my wallet crying lol.

anyway all sorted now... :clap:

look forward to seeing some of you at the south coast meet on saturday..

Good to hear she's sorted now dude :-) and best of luck with interview!

As a matter of course I have always found it a good idea to give any 2nd hand VW a full service including cam belt and pully, thermostat, rotor arm and dizzy asap after buying! As my first MK2 Golf Gti blew a head gasket after just Two weeks of being mine :-( all because the stat stuck shut and cooked the engine, so for want of 20mins tlc and a tenners worth of parts it cost me 170 quid!

You can be sure the PO has not put any money into the car for a while if they plan on selling it so just to be safe I always do it now.

Cheers

Dan

Good to hear she's sorted now dude :-) and best of luck with interview!

As a matter of course I have always found it a good idea to give any 2nd hand VW a full service including cam belt and pully, thermostat, rotor arm and dizzy asap after buying! As my first MK2 Golf Gti blew a head gasket after just Two weeks of being mine :-( all because the stat stuck shut and cooked the engine, so for want of 20mins tlc and a tenners worth of parts it cost me 170 quid!

You can be sure the PO has not put any money into the car for a while if they plan on selling it so just to be safe I always do it now.

Cheers

Dan

i totally agree dan, i have bought all the service bits previously but havent had chance to service it as its been backwards and forwards to dts since february, and geuss what two things i forgot to buy for the service? lol...

well, the alpine went in for mot yesterday and was expecting it to fail on a couple of things, wiper blades and exhaust at least...

anyhow, garage called, wipers were fine which was annoying as ive just bought a new wiper balde from vag, though they gave me the wrong one silly parts monkey! :bad-words: rear brake lines corroded badly, near side handbrake inoperable, and the brake compensator valve had seized.. and of course the exhaust..

so new brake lines would kinda be expected as the car is 17 years old and is still on the original lines, handbrake is simply a new cable needed and brake compensator valve is prob due to living right on the coast and all the salt in the air, theyve soaked it and freed it up as didnt need replacing, as for the exhaust its leaking from a few joins so needed to come off and be refitted anyway and the centre box has cracked but is under warranty as its a stainless system hopefully a bit of putty will do the job just to get it through the mot and then ill get the centre box replaced.

i would of done most of these jobs myself but have no time due to work etc so its probably going to cost me circa £300,bad times but i geuss itssorted for another yearand i wont have to worry about it...

will hopefully be going up to stonor park this weekend, with a cheeky bbq and camping expedition at toads place the night before, so i look forward to meeting some more of you this weekend...

regards,

Andy

Congratulations on passing! Always a stressfull time of year!! :D Looking goood!!

Congratulations on passing! Always a stressfull time of year!! :D Looking goood!!

its not through yey, will only fail if the putty doesnt seal the crack enough for it to pass emissions, waiting for the garage to call :?

voo your car looks superb by the way, i bet you are very pleased with it :D

bad times....

garage called, the caliper is nick nacked aswell, so new caliper and gona chuck some new pads on at the same time.. really wanted to get the mk4 caliper upgrade done while it was in instead of buying a new rear caliper but did some more research into it and the calipers arent going to be cheap so ill be staying with the normal rear calipers for now....

dont know when ill get it back :(

Oh no, sorry. I must have read it wrong. It that all it has failed on- the caliper?

Oh no, sorry. I must have read it wrong. It that all it has failed on- the caliper?

the handbrake cable needed to be replaced aswell but the caliper had seized so thats getting done too.

failed on:

brake compensator vavle seized

rear caliper seized causing handbrake inoperable

corroded brake lines

not a huge list at all really and i geuss things like this can be expected as it is old lol, gona be best part of £400 now though :(

That's not too bad. Mine failed on the caliper last year and the brake lines. At least when they are done you don;t have to worry about them for years.

quick little update then, picked up a moonroof on sunday (cheers kadvr6 for bringing it to stonor). popped round to chris' (r4-ge) last night and got the moon roof in, i have to let chris take the credit as he pretty much did it for me lol. anyway im really pleased with it i think it looks so much better then the original roof.. so look out for a vgc freshly painted alpine white sunroof for sale soon...

only other update at the moment is that some scrote decided to key my car the night before stonor park, quite a lengthy scratch and havnt got the t-cut to it yet, almost ruined my day as the car is completely scratch free and really is in gd condition :mad2:

anyways, recaros are still sat in the garage need to get them in soon..

pics of the roof will be on later..

well heres pics of the newly installed moonroof and some other goodies that are either spares or are waiting to go on/into either the bordeaux or the alpine, including some rather special seats... :D Enjoy..

Liking the moonroof! Was it much of a bother to get in?

hi jim, gotta be honest chris (r4-ge) pretty much did it for me it took just under two hours in total, thats including a tea break and faffing around with music etc. Its just a case of being systematic and removing all required trim, thats the boot seal, a b & c pillars, rear shelf supports, seal around sunroof, switch and trim around the headlining, both sunvisors and then just gently sliding the headlining out. its a two man job but you can do it on your own with difficulty.

once the headliner is out you will see that the sunroof is held in by about ten 10ml bolts, once those are undone you will have to slide the roof forward as the runners are sat on two supports, its then free for you to remove it from the car, best to gently pass it out of the boot. then your ready to put the moonroof in, you will probably have to use your existing motor which literally bolts off and onto the moonroof, then its simply reversing the sequence. hth...

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

well... my local dealership that isnt exactly local is a complete nightmare for buying parts at... i recentl ordered a new wiper blade for my lupo wipers as one of them is split and felt it would fail the mot as its pretty much knackered, so phoned up told them exactly what i wanted and they got one in for me, went to collect it only to find it was the wrong one!! :mad2: luckily it went through the mot and didnt fail on the blade but it still needs a new one...

so ordered a new handbrake handle and the leather trim that surrounds it, as mine has seen better days and the handbrake handle is cracked, so went in told them exactly what i needed and was told it would take 6 days for the leather trim to come in as it would have to be backordered from germany, no problem i said and it was ordered at a price of circa £16 + the £3.60 for the handle.. ive just been to pick up said items and geuss what??! theyve ordered me the handbrake cover that sits on top of/in the centre console :mad2: :mad2: told the guy that isnt the part i ordered and only for him to gormlessly say ' well thats what was ordered' so he showed me the list on the comp and i showed him which part it is that i needed, he then said 'oh, well thats not this part' bloody muppet, i know its not the part you've ordered. so he says 'no problem sir i can order that and it will take 6 days and will be £28 + the vat'...

obviously i told him politely that i wasnt going to pay over £30 for a 6'' piece of stichted leather that i could get trimmed for a lot less so told him ill just take the handbrake handle..

im getting really fed up of the incompetent staff that vw employ, all i want to do is replace worn out or old parts and all i get is hassle.. i phoned the branch when i got in and am waiting for the branch manager to phone me back so i can explain the problems and my unhappiness..

worst thing is, as most of you know ive got 3 of these cars, yes ones being broken but thats still two that ill want to buy parts for and upgrade parts etc so ill potentially be spending a lot of money at the dealerships for years to come.

and to top it all off, everytime i order a part i explain that im a member of ccgb and on here and ask about discount.. everytime i get a puzzled look from the parts monkies and they say that they will give me 10% off, yet every part ive bought has never included the 10% off... im pretty laid back and a fairly easy going guy which is probably why i never argue the discount when i buy things for the sake of a couple of quid but ive had enough now :bad-words:

rant over folks, had to get it off my chest before i give the branch manager a grilling...

lovely weather were having... :D

my local doesnt even know what a corrado is mate ......' didnt know VW made the car from back to the future' :scratch:

count yourself lucky :wink:

my local doesnt even know what a corrado is mate ......' didnt know VW made the car from back to the future' :scratch:

count yourself lucky :wink:

well my local one as in portsmouth peter cooper which is the nearest is the same dude, thats why i have to pretty much go up to southampton to the hedge end peter cooper...

i feel your pain..

Get ETKA Andy... you can give them the part numbers then with no mistakes, very frustrating when your waiting on parts which are wrong and then have to wait again.

Get ETKA Andy... you can give them the part numbers then with no mistakes, very frustrating when your waiting on parts which are wrong and then have to wait again.

ive got it already, i geuss i just get lazy sometimes and dont have the energy to sift through the pages looking for specific bits lol...

well last friday was a sad day as my first corrado finally had its engine removed and is almost ready (in rolling shell format) for its new owner.. :(

r4-ge (chris) lent me hand in getting the engine out and it was a feat of driveway engineering as we dropped the engine out without a lift and just a couple of trolley jacks, i understand that sounds i bit pikeyess but the 16v lump isnt the heaviest and its easily doable by just undoing the front cross member and supporting it underneath with the two trolley jacks, undo all the engine mounts and gently lower the front cross member untill the engine and box is sat firmly supported by some wood blocks underneath. easy peasy!

im absoloutely gutted that im having to break the car up but its almost done now and the car is pretty much stripped ready to go, just means im gona have a load of parts left to sell.. and some nice bits to put on the bordeaux :D ..

anyways heres the pics, an empty engine bay and a tired looking kr...