__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

RIP Rado :salute:

Not at all... if I'm correct in thinking I know where this is going it'll be very much alive and kicking M3's asses! :lol:

Andy how you loving the new light from the moonroof? Makes the interior feel much more roomy?

Not at all... if I'm correct in thinking I know where this is going it'll be very much alive and kicking M3's asses! :lol:

well that IS good news! :clap:

dont worry, as jon said, its going to a good home and will be built into something pretty lethal... theres no way in hel i was ever gona scrap this car, too much time and effort spent on it to scrap it... she'll be back in the not too distant future.. :clap:

Andy how you loving the new light from the moonroof? Makes the interior feel much more roomy?

hi jon, the moonroof makes a big differnce, works so well on a whote rado as it breaks the roof up nicely... probably my favourite mod on the car to date..

finally got my arse into gear and got the required bits for the recaro's, jst waiting on some parts from germany and they i can get cracking with dropping them in, cant wait!

wtf happened to that "shampoo" coloured piece????

or is that your secret weapon/piece de resistance you will turn up at work in soon......

nice work on the white one

how easy is it to fit moonroof?? thought about one many times but thought there was bit to much hassle involved...

wtf happened to that "shampoo" coloured piece????

or is that your secret weapon/piece de resistance you will turn up at work in soon......

nice work on the white one

shampoo coloured piece, you love it really. unfortunately it wont be turning up at work as you know its in pieces, the bordeaux however...watch this space.

and read the whole thread, skim reading = fail!

how easy is it to fit moonroof?? thought about one many times but thought there was bit to much hassle involved...

ben it really isnt much hassle at all buddy, and it makes such a difference... honestly get it done! headlingin out and its literally 5 bolts!

oh right thanks, looks like its going on the "to do" list :lol: i saw a few for sale on here, should of brought one :(

ok so finally decided to pull my finger out and today as long as the weather holds theres going to be a few jobs done on the alpine...

first up the recaros are gona go in after a 6 month vacation sat in the garage under a dust sheet and after being pissed around by my local vw stealership again i finally got the last two bits i needed this week :bad-words: .

next job im going to fit a new oil pump as my oil warning light has recently come on a few times, and the engine has become very tappety due to oil not being pumped around the system and up to the cylinder head. (i think thats right!) so while im there ill be fitting a brand new sump, gona chuck a windage try in aswell, going to replace both switchs with new ones and of course new oil and a new oil filter.. if this doesnt cure the the noisy tappets then at the end of the month all the tappets will be replaced with new ones, and tbh im probably going to replace then anyway. call it preventative maintanence if you will :D

i had planned to spend tomorrow stripping the rest of the blue one as its beeing collected next week but im off to wembley to see oasis so that'll have to wait!

anyways will get pics up of said work once completed.

peace!

well things didnt go to plan today, the weather was miserable, really miserable.

But anyway, chris came over and we managed to get the recaro's in, no pics as they are very grubby from being stored for ages. couldnt wire the loom into the fuse box so had to wire it straight to the battery instead, also the window switches didnt work so i need to get two new recaro switches or find two sunroof switches instead!

nothing is ever simple with these car's, the sump etc are gona have to wait untill monday if the weathers any good.

really undecided on the recaro's if im honest yes they are nice, and its very novel that they are electric but i just cant make my mind up about the greyness of the interior, theres a lot of grey in there and before i bought the car i had told myself that i wouldnt buy one with a grey interior, but the alpine was in to good a condition to pass up. i geuss maybe once i get the leather door cards it might change my mind again but for now i cant help but feel that the interior just looks dirty all the time even when its clean and feel that it really lets the car down.

so a couple of options:

1, stick with the all the grey.

2, change everything to black, but keep the cards and seats in thier original grey.

3, sell/ swop the grey leather recaro interior for a cloth recaro interior or standard leather interior. (of which both would have to black)

4, dye the recaros, either a dark red or black, if dying them red then would have tosource black leather cards and dye them too. if dying black would have to source black leather door cards, and would then obviously change everything over to black.

dying would be the absoloute last resort as i really wouldnt like to do this as grey leather recaro's are not easy to come by.

decisions decisions, what do you reckon guys??

if it was me, i would keep the recaros but change all the plastics and carpets black... then in the long run you could retrim them black?? it sounds like you wont be happy until your interior is black all round though tbh...

if it was me, i would keep the recaros but change all the plastics and carpets black... then in the long run you could retrim them black?? it sounds like you wont be happy until your interior is black all round though tbh...

i think your right ben, sounds like the best thing to do, just means im going to have to buy all the black plastics as i intended to pt a full black cloth interior into the bordeaux.

do you still need that glove box?

yeah i do still need one... im going on holiday this week, when i get back will pm you, i will give you £15 for it...

yeah i do still need one... im going on holiday this week, when i get back will pm you, i will give you £15 for it...

no worries, thats v genorous. am more then happy to post it out and you can cover the postage. up to you buddy.. have a good time on your hols.

I had grey recaros in an otherwise all black interior and it looked cool

this would be my idea too. Sounds great, i'm tempted to do something similar with my cream leathers - change some of the plastics to balck to break the cream up a bit.

Andy,

Good to meet you today at German Swedish today (got a new battery for the VR6). Had a quick look over the white valver when I left and have to say it looks awesome. Thanks for the bodyshop recommendation aswell.

All the best.

Pete

Andy,

Good to meet you today at German Swedish today (got a new battery for the VR6). Had a quick look over the white valver when I left and have to say it looks awesome. Thanks for the bodyshop recommendation aswell.

All the best.

Pete

hi pete, good to meet you to and thanks for the kind words on the alpine, your vr looked very tidy a real shame about the scrots that keyed it. i hope the guys can sort you out with a good quote on getting that sorted.

no probs on the battery, any other bits you need just let me know and i can sort them out for you at very good prices :clap:

well finally managed to get the non-sunroof shell stripped and ready for collection only for the buyer to pull out, bad times but i geuss it was more work for him then he originally thought. however there is another buyer and as long as the sale comes through then it will be used for something special 8) .

good times: oil pump,windage tray, oil switches and oil change have all been done on the alpine now and my word has it made a difference, the engine was very noisy and tappety before because of the lack of oil being pumped around the cylinder head but now its so quiet.

there will hopefully be some more big jobs taking place this month but not saying anything untill its all done :D

as soon as the shell has gone then bordeaux will come home and ill get it up and running to be used as a daily beater, i sold the nasty alloys from it, put some sebrings on and put the grill back to standard. the plan has and will always be to keep this as a standard tidy daily valver however ive become more addicted to the sound of a vr thanks to chris, so maybe in the not too distant future the bordeaux will make way for a vr, we shall see!

well ive been a bit busy of late, since the last update the front end has been painted again as the bonnet microblistered and i got a heaving stonechip on the o/s wing this is all now sorted.

the car will be going in soon to have the rest of it painted as shiny new alpine white paint doesnt quite match 17 year old oxidised alpine white paint. would love to of kept the car in its original paint as its so straight and tidy but it only needs a quick blowover to freshen it up so this will be done v soon, im umming and arring about putting my audi handled doors on at the same time but i really like the look of the original/rear passat handles so i may just stay with those instead, decisions decisions.

im currently building a set of wheels which i picked up recently, however they wont be going on the car till summer next year. :)

so here's what ive been up to recently, all the grey trim is pretty much been removed from the car, ive been thinking about this since i bought the car back in january. the only reason i didnt do this sooner is because i got the grey leather recaro's in feb, i got round to putting them in maybe 2 months ago and soon decided that the grey wasnt going to cut it. the recaros are now gone and have made the effort to change all trim over to black, i just have the dashboard and front cards left to do. there are some rather special seats going in but no pics yet.

changing it all to black has made a huge difference to the car and other then the moonroof it is the best change ive done to date.

heres some pics, trim and carpets being removed, carpets cleaned with my mums wetvac hoover aka 'lethal bissel'.bootwell and all internals cleaned/polished and waxed. even found an old 50p under the carpet which was deffinately weighing the car down :lol: .

i can honestly say that 'lethal bissel' (wetvac hoover) is simply awesome at cleaning carpets and upholstrey, my carpets were in good condition when i put them in the garage a year ago and they came out looking a bit manky but the bissel has made them look new again, along with the mats and the boot carpets. the hoover was circa £250 but it honestly is worth the money if you need to get carpets etc clean.

other developments, the nuovolla has now gone to a new home. was sad to see it go after 3 years of hard work but it is being used for something special and who knows maybe some of you in the future will have some parts that were made using the nuovolla as a plug/mould 8) im slowly getting round to clearing out all the parts that came off it but theres still so much to put up for sale so watch this space!

the bordeaux is now sporting some sebrings and tbh is looking good as a factory standard valver, still havent cleaned it or taken a spanner to it yet but hopefully the work will start soon, anyway enough rambling. pics: