Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Which do you drive and why?

Which engine do you have in your Corrado, and why did you decide to go with that one?

I have a G60 because you don't see many that are still alive and in good shape out here, and there are only three or four in my local club, so I wanted to get one and fix it up because of the rarity.

if i had bought a valver, i would have wished i had bought a G60. but if i had bought a G60 i would have wished i had bought a VR6. so i bought the VR6 8)

well, ive got a 16vG60, because i got bored of a normal g60, and wanted more valves and now im not going to be driving that for a while ive got a VR6 too.... :lol:

I went for a G60 because I'd never had a supercharged car before and I liked the quirkiness of the engine. It's a bit of an oddity. Plus not very informed people would look all impressed when I told them I drove a Corrado, and they would say "is it the v6 one", and I would say "no, it's the supercharged one", and they would look even more impressed. Even though the G60 is less powerful.... :lol:

I went for a G60 because I'd never had a supercharged car before and I liked the quirkiness of the engine. It's a bit of an oddity. Plus not very informed people would look all impressed when I told them I drove a Corrado, and they would say "is it the v6 one", and I would say "no, it's the supercharged one", and they would look even more impressed. Even though the G60 is less powerful.... :lol:

When i had my superchared VR6 i always got asked" you mean a G60?" :lol:

A goo dmate of mine was having trouble selling his vr. Wanted £6500 at first. After a good few months said he would take £5000 for it. So even though I didnt actually need/want another car I bought it.

However if it hadn't of been a VR with leather I'd have never considered buying any corrado.

I actually wanted a 1.8 16v,and then to throw a 2.0 16v on carbs in it...But i bought on condition rather than engine,and ended up with the G60.

Neil.

2.0 16v.

Reasons:

Cheap / simple / reliable / pretty / no depreciation.

Last few cars:

Audi S2 ABY (sold to free up cash)

Corrado 9A (sold to buy another S2)

Audi S2 3B (sold to get rid of 'mare)

Corrado 9A (current)

Got my G60 as I felt sorry for my mate who was trying to sell it and offered me a good price. Given the choice I'd like a VR6 thou.

VR6 - mainly coz of the sound but got tired of telling people I had a 2.0l 16v Corrado and people saying "oh - it's not the VR6?" :roll:

VR6 because Richard hammond said "this is the one to get" :lol:

really tho, i wanted the quickest/best one, didn't know much about corrados at the time and ended up looking for VR6 only, never checked out the others

plus the rebuilding of supercharger put me off, VR6 seemed the more reliable option

I originally started off looking for a G60 having already owned both 8v and 16v vesions of the Mk2 Golf, so thought it'd make sense to take the next step up. However by the time I'd saved enough to buy a minter, VR6 prices had fallen to a level I could afford. Wasn't looking for a Storm in particular, but what I paid for it was standard VR6 money at the time so it was too good an oppurtunity to turn down! :) Would still love to own a G one day though 8)

Loved my g60 and still do. Just went the VRT route cos that was my dream car.

Plus cant bare to have a good looking car that isnt fast, so had to have it all :lol:

I got a G60 because I love charged cars whether it be super or turbo. They also seem to be rarer than the VR6 (bar the storm, obv.) and 16V and they make sexier, more individual sounds :)

I got the 1.8 16V because i couldnt afford to get a g60/vr6, and i preferred th earlier valvers over the older ones.

Also i've spent that much money now on bodywork, brakes, engine rebuild, all the usual things like sunroof etc, that it wouldn't make finance sense to sell up for a g60/vr6. If i did decide i wanted more power then i'd more than likely look into a turbo package

I had a 1.8 valver and loved it, but was forced to buy a VR6 after someone wrote it off for me.

If only I had the funds for a charger. :(

G60, because every mechanic I know warned me off the VR6 due to the potential of large garage bills! Plus this G60 came up at the right price, with all the right mods which makes it at least as quick as a standard VR.

Would still like to have a VR at some point though!

G60!

Always wanted a supercharged car. Desired a Lancia Beta Volumex Coupe when I was younger but the fear of rust put me off. Loved the look of the Corrado from day one but I believed in the 'myth' that the charger was fragile. Years later when I could afford one I found this website and learnt the facts. The G60 in a VR6 body ticked all my boxes so I bought one. So glad I did. Love the look of the car, the way it handles and the torque of the engine.

Years later I bought a VR6 as well to see why people rave about it. Glad I did. What an engine. What a car. Different to the G60 but great in its own right. If I had to choose between the two it would be the G60 I'd keep. Though if I ever get to drive a charged VR6 that might change my mind.

Had an early valver-its was great but wanted more and the two extra cylinders attracted me more than a supercharger.