foster

Expensive habit.

Just realised I haven't put any pictures up of my car.

So far, fk coilovers, fk 30mm hub adapters on rear, h&r 45mm on front, porsche d90 8 inch rear and 7.5 front, Few bits resprayed, engine mounts, various bushes and hoses replaced.

Since the photos the fk grill flew off and i've got some new tyres (up a profile which looks and rides much better).

corrado-clean2.jpg

corrado-clean1.jpg

corrado-clean3.jpg

Let me know what you all think.

Good looking car there. Got the knight rider thing going on. Im really coming around to the colour coded wheel thing at the moment. As long as the wheel rims are polished.

V nice liking the colored D90' with white rims...

Only thing I'd do (and it's my personal choice) is change the chrome rear VW badge for a black one..

If your going to try the black badge thing maybe to be different you could leave the outer edge chrome to match the polished rims of the wheels. Not seen that done before.

vw and corrado badges are both now gold and the rear is dropped a bit too. Also just found a new rieger grill/eyebrow to put on. Keep suggestions coming.

Hi Alex, it's Laurence (gave ya a lift after you locked yourself out!!!)

Car looks cool now mate, it's a mean badboy. Keep seeing it parked up outside ya house, looked filthy over christmas, mine to, it's those bloody quarries and farms around here, driving me nuts at the moment!!!

Work on mine is gonna start in the next couple of months, suspension and a bit or maybe a lot of paint! just waiting till i get a new van so the raddo can live in the nice warm/dry garage during the week :)

Wouldn't mind a ride in yours at some point to check out ya coilovers, send me a pm if ya up for it one weekend

c ya around mate.

If your going to try the black badge thing maybe to be different you could leave the outer edge chrome to match the polished rims of the wheels. Not seen that done before.

Speaking of chrome... you should really get the tailpipe chromed - or a new shiny chrome backbox.

I got sick of people asking me if this was a G60 so when one turned up locally to me I went to have a look... which turned into me buying it!

It was owned by a panel beater and had been resprayed fiat new orleans blue a year before I got it.

Looking back on it now I cant belive I actually bought it!

The spec when I got it.

Supercharger rebuild twice in 100000 miles

Raceland exhaust manifold

Induction kit

Nasty coilovers

Nasty wheels

Nasty bumper

Black leather interior

g603.jpg

g602.jpg

g601.jpg

Drove it around like that for as long as I could stand. Then had enough and started ploughing cash into it!

Fitted an original bumper

Swapped my fk coilovers from the 16v

Swapped the D90s over

Made a badgeless grill

01102008164.jpg

01102008171.jpg

01102008165.jpg

After having both cars for ages everyone finally convinced me to sell the old 16v. So to get over this I bought some bbs rm's and made them up with some 2.5 dishes. Stuck them on and put the D90's back on the valver as the buyer wanted them.

Pics from the day I sold the 16v :(

SNC11408.jpg

SNC11407.jpg

SNC11404.jpg

SNC11396.jpg

Then I got an ebay bargain 2 ltr 16v magnex exhaust (big old bodge job to fit!!!) Sorted out camber, alignment and lowered it further. Along with some mk3 colour concept recaros (black and red)

14122008230.jpg

14122008232.jpg

14122008225.jpg

Well that was how it stood just before christmas. I was chuffed to bits with it. Plenty quick enough and the body was almost 100% showroom standard. All I was going to do was rebuild the charger, 68mm pulley and chip, fmic, lower it a tiny bit more and enjoy...

...BUT! After a little ''spirited'' driving listening to my new exhaust the car was seriously upset with me, took it to a local garage and was basically told the bottom end was dead and it would make more sense to fit a new engine. :(

I thought long and hard trying to figure out what to do. Test drove a TT and quite liked it but in the end I couldn't get rid of the Rado.

Then Kaz advertised a 1.8t engine on here and the rest... well, b*****ks to TT's!

Kaz put me onto South West In Car Tech in Bristol and the car was booked in the next week for the conversion.

During that week I found a k03s turbo, bmc cda and an intercooler that didnt fit!

Heres the two week build.

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

im going to be doing this to mine in the near future. what bhp are you aiming for?

I love the colour of the car - looks stunning! 8)